British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

It just staggers me that everything is expected to carry on as normal, despite the previous promotion owing huge amounts of money left, right and centre.

If the Belle Vue promoters were not paying any rent and owe the riders a significant amount of money then what exactly were they doing with the money paid by supporters , sponsors and many who forked out 50 quid to buy a brick in the stadium.

Edited by New Science
  • Like 1

If the Belle Vue promoters were not paying any rent and owe the riders a significant amount of money then what exactly were they doing with the money paid by supporters , sponsors and many who forked out 50 quid to buy a brick in the stadium.

I was going to get a 'Brick' but I forgot all about it.

First time I have ever been happy about my dreadful memory.

That doesn't make it right though, does it phil. All debts should be honoured before any new promoter takes over.

But surely new promoters are simply taking over the license, not the business. Can't see any reason why they would take over the previous promoters debt?

From what I Hear the new owners will make sure debts are paid off

With your track record, that's bad news for the creditors!

This. They must have taken hundreds of thousands over the season on gate receipts.

But surely new promoters are simply taking over the license, not the business. Can't see any reason why they would take over the previous promoters debt?

With your track record, that's bad news for the creditors!

This. They must have taken hundreds of thousands over the season on gate receipts.

NO one has suggested the riders haven't been paid at all. I spoke to Mark Lemon, who insisted when he took the job that riders be paid regularly, in Torun he said that there were arrears but that riders were being paid. No doubt Zagar would have got his dosh first.

Several fans paid £1000 for 'lifetime membership' (good luck with that?)....

This got you a saving 'for life' of 25% on a season ticket, a brick with your name on it in the Peter Craven suite and a seat in the Grandstand with your name on....

The last two things didnt happen for several people!!!!

"Where have all the flowers gone?" Is a very poignant refrain at this time of year...

"Where has all the money gone?" Is maybe also pertinent for BV?

Certainly worth looking into I would suggest....

• Like 1

NO one has suggested the riders haven't been paid at all. I spoke to Mark Lemon, who insisted when he took the job that riders be paid regularly, in Torun he said that there were arrears but that riders were being paid. No doubt Zagar would have got his dosh first.

That's pretty much what I got told. Some pay was received but the rider in question was owed a huge amount.

The £50 brick payments were honoured because the bricks are in the main entry lobby. No-one can say they were cheated where that is concerned and I am glad I did it.

That's pretty much what I got told. Some pay was received but the rider in question was owed a huge amount.

The £50 brick payments were honoured because the bricks are in the main entry lobby. No-one can say they were cheated where that is concerned and I am glad I did it.

You paid £50 for a 10 pence brick which probably cost 5 quid to engrave and mount. The promoters pocketed the other 45 quid

Any deal that the council agree to will have that debts have to be paid up

Isn't the deal with the council more similar to a lease agreement? A new tenant is not liable for unpaid rent from previous occupants, however the period of the lease will simply be extended.

Any deal that the council agree to will have that debts have to be paid up

That cannot be true.

The Council can agree to arrangements about fees and monies they themselves are owed as they wish.

The BSPA can come to it's arrangements with the old promotion via it's bond and disposal of Speedway 'assets'.

But neither can conclude any 'deals' with new promoters that relate to the debts of the old promotion to third parties outside their own domain.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

To get the keys to the stadium from the landlords, perhaps? How much do people expect Manchester City Council to write-off in owed money?

They can only 'write off' debts to themselves.

And they are probably not even able to do that, politically or legally.

But the monies owed by the previous limited company to various third parties; much of it (apparently) predating the NSS, can be nothing to do with MCC and arrangements with new promoters.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1