British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

The part that Chris Morton was responsible for.He even states it wasn't others.Think though that you are confusing yourself with all these questions lol

And what part would that be. Straight answer to the question please. No jargon.

IF an outside party comes in they would still need someone acceptable to the BSPA/SCB to attain a promoter's licence which is the direction I think this is going.

Is there anyone more qualified than Allan Ham in that sense, true business man, has promoted at speedway, can talk the talk with anyone especially local councils.

And what happened with Bradford speedway? Talking the talking is all very well, but you also have to make it pay.

Did not go bust, Odsal stadium was and still is owned by Bradford Council, who then decided to put the whole of Odsal area up for redevelopment along with the Richard Dunn sports centre opposite, all of which to this day has never come to anything, Odsal still is the same today as what it was when the Ham brothers had to give up on Speedway, I have lived in Bradford all my life, its very embarrassing to drive passed it every day, and think of what might have been, Bobby Ham then suffered from illness which forced him to retire, or take life a little more easily to which he did, but Allan still attends speedway meetings, has run World Finals, Semi finals, the whole bundle of meetings successfully.

• Like 3

Did not go bust, Odsal stadium was and still is owned by Bradford Council, who then decided to put the whole of Odsal area up for redevelopment along with the Richard Dunn sports centre opposite, all of which to this day has never come to anything, Odsal still is the same today as what it was when the Ham brothers had to give up on Speedway, I have lived in Bradford all my life, its very embarrassing to drive passed it every day, and think of what might have been, Bobby Ham then suffered from illness which forced him to retire, or take life a little more easily to which he did, but Allan still attends speedway meetings, has run World Finals, Semi finals, the whole bundle of meetings successfully.

All perfectly true, I live in the area as well.

David Gordon has in his head an issue rightly or wrongly over paying the rent but he didn't have an issue with the riders so why were they not paid on time if at all ? Even the national league riders were owed money ,

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 3

While all this is going on i hope the BSPA have someone trying to put a competitive team in place for next year.Because if the same thing happens as in 2007 when Gordon and Morton took over late in the year the club will still have major problems.They had to put out a team of riders that were left over after every other promoter had put their team together and we all know what happened then.The team was that bad we hardly won a meeting.Now the old die hard fans will put up with this as we did then but alot of the new/returning fans from last year will not.So if you put out a p poor team you just wont get the crowds the club needs.P poor team= poor crowds.Poor crowds = not much income.Low income = its all over.I am sad to say that if they allow this to happen then we might as well call it a day now instead of drawing it out over another year. :sad:

Edited by B.V 72