British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

Exactly.He surely cannot be allowed to hold a promoters licence again

He refutes the claim that "the actions of other people are the cause of the problem we have faced this season".So he admits the problems were their own making,but hopes to be involved with the future promotion.No chance in any senior position,i would say

At least a few months (probably a couple of years) too late, never mind how many thousands of pounds such a delay may have cost him personally.

Says he hasn't "given up hope of having some part in the future of the club" ... as a wonderfully experienced and successful rider, of course, that can still be the case by means of advising/coaching current and future riders.

But in terms of having any part in the business side of the running of the club, dream on !!

Perhaps you would like to explain why not ?

Perhaps you would like to explain why not ?

From various speedway dealings I had with him a few years ago, plus his part in the abysmal handling of the various chaos (both organisational and financial) surrounding the first season of the Natinal Speedway Stadium, I continue to regard Chris Morton as one of the most hopelessly naive people I've ever encountered when it comes to the business side of running a speedway club.

Have a licence again, run the Acadamy?

When a business fails, it fails due to collective decisions.

With a 10 year partnership, why is it only a one sided fault?

You can be the nicest, most welcoming person in the world, but when it comes to a business and it fails, its failed because you let it.

• Like 1

I agree that Chris shouldn't have any part in the management of the new operation (whatever that might be), but his experience would be invaluble to younger riders in particular. I hope that there is some way in that he can get involved.

Unfortunately, mud sticks in this type of situation, so would suppliers be willing to do business with someone who didn't pay them first time around? I doubt it.

It does seem to be disolving into a bickering match though, which isn't good for anyone, especially the club. No doubt George Carswell will be invited to share his opinion soon.

Edited by Garry1603

Very, very, strong rumour that a Promoter has been found to run Belle Vue on behalf of the BSPA, on a temporary basis for the next two to three years whilst a permanent man is put in place, that promoter is Allan Ham, former promoter at Bradford.

That could be a good move, he had some good teams when at Odsal.

• Like 1

Very, very, strong rumour that a Promoter has been found to run Belle Vue on behalf of the BSPA, on a temporary basis for the next two to three years whilst a permanent man is put in place, that promoter is Allan Ham, former promoter at Bradford.

I just cannot see how the BSPA can in anyway be "promoters" of Belle Vue - certainly can understand they desperately want the track to keep going but

A they surely haven`t the money in the organisation to fund it

B i`m not sure the "constitution" would allow it

• Like 1

I just cannot see how the BSPA can in anyway be "promoters" of Belle Vue - certainly can understand they desperately want the track to keep going but

A they surely haven`t the money in the organisation to fund it

B i`m not sure the "constitution" would allow it

Could the BSPA be the tennants of the NSS, they sub lease to a promoter thus covering any costs if the new promoter fails to pay the rent

Could the BSPA be the tennants of the NSS, they sub lease to a promoter thus covering any costs if the new promoter fails to pay the rent

Don't think the BSPA is a limited company so the members (or possibly MC members) would be collectively responsible for any debts run up. Of course, it would be easy enough to set-up a company for the purposes of running the stadium, but has the BSPA got the money to invest?

From various speedway dealings I had with him a few years ago, plus his part in the abysmal handling of the various chaos (both organisational and financial) surrounding the first season of the Natinal Speedway Stadium, I continue to regard Chris Morton as one of the most hopelessly naive people I've ever encountered when it comes to the business side of running a speedway club.

So what you are saying is. All the problems are down to Chris morton.. Right ?

So what you are saying is. All the problems are down to Chris morton.. Right ?

The clue might be this...."his part in the abysmal handling of the various chaos.."

Part, to me means,not all,so someone else(maybe more than one person) has also played a 'part'

Edited by iris123
  • Like 5

The clue might be this...."his part in the abysmal handling of the various chaos.."

Part, to me means,not all,so someone else(maybe more than one person) has also played a 'part'

So the fiasco is not all down to Chris morton, right ? which PART as you put it was ?

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

So the fiasco is not all down to Chris morton, right ? which PART as you put it was ?

The part that Chris Morton was responsible for.He even states it wasn't others.Think though that you are confusing yourself with all these questions lol

• Like 1