British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

Income just from ticket sales must have been at least £500k this season. It comes as no surprise to read that no rent was paid as I was told that the council waived rental payments as part compensation for the opening night.

Debts accrued at the dog track have brought this down.

I blame Stuart Bamforth.

:mad:

• Like 1

WHEN you read about the Olympic Stadium/West Ham fiasco, this all seems quite small fry.

Speedway Star putting some of the pieces of the jigsaw together for next week but, of course, many lips are sealed because of impending litigation.

Will it look like the Hancock jigsaw?A bit one sided.....

• Like 6

WHEN you read about the Olympic Stadium/West Ham fiasco, this all seems quite small fry.

Speedway Star putting some of the pieces of the jigsaw together for next week but, of course, many lips are sealed because of impending litigation.

......and what impending litigation would that be?

You can tell me. I won't tell another soul.......promise.

-_-

So you are saying that West Ham have failed to pay their agreed rental fee?? Dont remember reading that!!

The 'fiasco' as you put it, is down to the landlords agreement for rent costs, nothing to do with West Ham not paying it

• Like 1

Surely the impending litigation is about the Opening Night, when we now know the contractors had done done a proper job on bends 3/4?

EXACTLY ...

So you are saying that West Ham have failed to pay their agreed rental fee?? Dont remember reading that!!

The 'fiasco' as you put it, is down to the landlords agreement for rent costs, nothing to do with West Ham not paying it

I DIDN'T say it was the fault of West Ham, who have got away with the deal of the century. But project as a whole is costing the tax payers millions and will continue to do so. At least at BV what is spent is spent.

Is he the one who asked for my bank details because I'd been left money by a long lost relative that he was acting on behalf of

No, it's his brother - Prince Konobo Jr.

I'm don't know how to tell you this, but he is a bit of a scamster.

He gets innocent punters to send him money to purchase engraved breeze blocks that are used in the construction of his latest grandiose palace.

When the suckers investors turn up to view these magnificent pieces of masonry, some goon in a hi-viz jacket tells them to do one because Prince Konobo Jr has been evicted and the new tenants don't want riff raff cluttering the place up.

Hope this helps.

:t:

• Like 1

EXACTLY ...

I DIDN'T say it was the fault of West Ham, who have got away with the deal of the century. But project as a whole is costing the tax payers millions and will continue to do so. At least at BV what is spent is spent.

From the accounts we have had so far ithe NSS could be a money pit for some time to come.

If it is really impossible to get any sane person to have their wedding reception at the place and there are no other viable weekday sources of income there is every possibility that each time the place is opened for Speedway it actually costs more than it can ever bring in.

And then to service the debt?

Is it really true that 'what is spent is spent'.

That is the sort of attitude that fuelled and excused the stupid deal to West Ham.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Is it really true that 'what is spent is spent'.

That is the sort of attitude that fuelled and excused the stupid deal to West Ham.

No, it isn't true.

The money belongs to the inhabitants of the City of Manchester and the elected councillors and their officers must use all means at their disposal to recover the money.

This saga has some way to run.

:unsure:

• Like 1

The iconic Belle Vue Aces bankrupt,without a promoter and the future of the National Speedway stadium up in the air and its described as " Small Fry " by a leading speedway journalist.

Well someone itk reads this forum who knows me has just sent me a very long text and I'm right about the rent, it also confirms some of my other suspicions by filling in some other gaps.

Seem to remember even after the opening night shambles you were the loudest defender of everything the promotion did.

• Like 1

Always thought it risky to build a new stadium solely for speedway. The opening weeks were beset with problems and it was catch-up thereafter. Even as a local speedway fan I found it hard keeping up with what was actually Belle Vue's raceday, and I had Speedway Star and the internet to check. Part timers with nothing to do may have liked a night out at the Vue. But not having a regular night probably cost a few extra on the gate. The new stadium didn't have them pouring back into Belle Vue, like many had expected, and even having a second team probably cost more than the admission tills took.

Sure there's a future though, a lovely track that should thrive after last year's hiccups.

I seem to remember that the week (or so) before the swc there was a rumour of a problem which could have jepordised the event. Was it posted here can anyone remember or did anyone else hear a similar story?

Philip Rising posted this on the Belle Vue 2017 thread...

"THEY didn't run the SWC, BSI did. BSI had a staging agreement with them but only a few days before the event had to cough up tens of thousands of pounds to ensure that the meeting went ahead."

Always thought it risky to build a new stadium solely for speedway. The opening weeks were beset with problems and it was catch-up thereafter. Even as a local speedway fan I found it hard keeping up with what was actually Belle Vue's raceday, and I had Speedway Star and the internet to check. Part timers with nothing to do may have liked a night out at the Vue. But not having a regular night probably cost a few extra on the gate. The new stadium didn't have them pouring back into Belle Vue, like many had expected, and even having a second team probably cost more than the admission tills took.

Sure there's a future though, a lovely track that should thrive after last year's hiccups.

Let's hope so moxey63 - I find this all very depressing.....

Not at all what I expected.

It was to build it in Manchester.. :o