British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

For a minority sport competing with the major sports in the city there has been an enormous amount of publicity about the new stadium. On local TV, radio and the Manchester Evening News both leading up to the official opening and then continuing through the trauma of the repairs and the first meeting last Friday.

There are also huge hoardings advertising the SWC.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

I sat next to a lady from Manchester on a plane ride at the weekend, her son rides motorcross. I asked if she'd heard about Belle Vue and the new stadium. She said she had but said it's really not promoted at all. And it's not the first time I've heard this.

I find it staggering they would put all that money & effort into building the stadium and then not promote it proper.y.

We are talking about 'promoting' speedway RPNYC.

Well yes, why dont they do it?!!

Because what is happening is that promoters THINK they are promoting the sport!

For a minority sport competing with the major sports in the city there has been an enormous amount of publicity about the new stadium. On local TV, radio and the Manchester Evening News both leading up to the official opening and then continuing through the trauma of the repairs and the first meeting last Friday.

Probably because Manchester journalists who have seen what happens when sports like football build and open new stadium are bewildered at the faux pas of what took place at speedway's National Stadium. There's nothing sports journalists like more than to highlight what in football terms could be described as "a balls up"!

Probably because Manchester journalists who have seen what happens when sports like football build and open new stadium are bewildered at the faux pas of what took place at speedway's National Stadium. There's nothing sports journalists like more than to highlight what in football terms could be described as "a balls up"!

That must account for all the publicity prior to the opening then.

• Like 1

...or sounding a warning that comes from having an interest in the sport since 1945 and as a spectator since 1946? Maybe he has seen the high and lows that have affected speedway over the years and actually having been a 'speedway insider' when the sport almost died in the mid-1950s.Who of his detractors can claim that experience?

What is the warning,where is the sport going wrong and with all those decades of experience(obviously as you say far more than anyone else can manage,so we bow to your considerable knowledge)what do you propose to help save the sport?I am sure we are all waiting with breath baited

It's sad that we are all on a thread where the actual name of the stadium is incorrect. Surely it's the National Speedway Stadium?

http://nationalspeedwaystadium.co.uk/

...and not as given as the thread title

Belle Vue National Stadium

Know you have dedicated your time to Facebook John,so what about a 9 point plan for the sport then?

I think asking any print journalist for a plan to save anything is tantamount to asking a downing man for swimming lessons. The demise of the print media makes speedway look like a success story.

Do you read 'Speedway Star', 'Backtrack' or 'Classic Speedway'?

For my part - I retired in 1997. Things do seem to have changed since then?

Edited by Guest

I think asking any print journalist for a plan to save anything is tantamount to asking a downing man for swimming lessons. The demise of the print media makes speedway look like a success story.

Plays for Middlesbrough doesn't he? I didn't know he was a swimmer as well. ;):t::party: :party: :party:

...or sounding a warning that comes from having an interest in the sport since 1945 and as a spectator since 1946? Maybe he has seen the high and lows that have affected speedway over the years and actually having been a 'speedway insider' when the sport almost died in the mid-1950s.Who of his detractors can claim that experience?

Wow incredible, a speedway inside with 60 years of knowledge, you absolutely are worth listening to and I mean the input to this thread in particular could define the very existence of the sport, please tell, how does one go about putting your plan into place, what is the first step of the “Indeed - it will do just that for as long as speedway survives” action plan you have constructed?

Edited by sparkafag

As I said earlier, such a matter as the long-term future of UK speedway is not regarded as of much importance to me these days.

So why waste so much time and energy talking about it or even wishing for people to listen to your warnings about something that isn't even that important to you anyway.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 2

So why waste so much time and energy talking about it or even wishing for people to listen to your warnings about something that isn't even that important to you anyway.

because he's a bitter and twisted old man, who gets perverse enjoyment from anything that goes wrong with speedway, and enjoys trolling this forum. Which is a real shame as someone with 60 years speedway experience could make a valuable contribution.

If everyone sticks him on ignore, maybe he'll eventually get bored and go off and start trolling a banger racing forum instead.

• Like 7

and it appears you are among, who do not fully grasp the meaning of a topic.

This topic is about Belle Vue stadium it is yourself who has misunderstood that by referencing the impending Armagedon, yet again, for about the 1,000th time, I think people get it by now..

• Like 2

Because it's the same account. He used to be called Sparkafag, and he changed his forum name to Mockingjay. You can do that.

I used to have the name Speedy-star but changed to Darcy's Onion at the time someone believed that they could fool a breathalyser by eating a raw onion. Anyone can change their forum name.

What you aren't allowed to do is have several different accounts, as Gustix and his 10 alter-egos found out.

Fair do's, thanks for explaining that.

:t:

I get to very few Speedway meetings in a year but have managed Workington and Scunthorpe this year and am looking forward to the meeting tonight after being at the fiasco of the Peter Craven Memorial , speedway has its issues but tonight Im looking forward to watching the best sport bar none

Chris

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, how is the viewing at the new stadium?

I have tickets for the west terrace for the World Cup Final (not many tickets left). Will I be getting a good view?

Where ever u sit/stand the viewing is the best in the world bar none

And for me West terrace is Deffo best view in the house. And it also as a view of the pits