British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

Come on then TWK Spill !!

Things are moving forward. I receive an e-mail from Belle Vue with updates. I'm not going to go in to the Building Progress because I don't know a lot about Building Terms - but - rest assured - things are moving forward.

Things are moving forward. I receive an e-mail from Belle Vue with updates. I'm not going to go in to the Building Progress because I don't know a lot about Building Terms - but - rest assured - things are moving forward.

Ok .thanks for that . I didn't really know if they had actually started . but good to know it's game on finally . look forward to seeing some progress later in the summer

something positive at last . but with speedway's recent track record I cant help but think ,how will they manage to F##k this up ?

The building of the stadium and the basketball arena are well underway so there's no problem there....my doubts are whether it will be ready for the start of next season seeing how long the FC United stadium has been under construction meaning they are still ground sharing when they were expecting to be in there ages ago....stadiums take a long time so I hope it's ready for the next season but I think it's a tight deadline.

The building of the stadium and the basketball arena are well underway so there's no problem there....my doubts are whether it will be ready for the start of next season seeing how long the FC United stadium has been under construction meaning they are still ground sharing when they were expecting to be in there ages ago....stadiums take a long time so I hope it's ready for the next season but I think it's a tight deadline.

How long did it take Leicester and Newport? (the only two "stadiums" that have been built in the last 15ish years). I'm sure Newport went up in about 6 months. They have 12 months for this one so no need to panic yet!

How long did it take Leicester and Newport? (the only two "stadiums" that have been built in the last 15ish years). I'm sure Newport went up in about 6 months. They have 12 months for this one so no need to panic yet!

You obviously forgot Redcar.

Was it a stadium? I missed them, Somerset and Scunthorpe out as they were more track in a field to start with. Newport and Leicester had/have permanent buildings.

Fair enough SCB - I stand corrected. :t:

Though Redcar does now have a permanent Stand.

First of all was the stand at Newport actually ever finished? Everytime I went it still looked like a building site. We are talking a bit more professional here then a few concrete steps with some seats bolted on them with a dark and dingy bar and toilets underneath.

They haven't updated for about 2 weeks but latest photos here :

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1338

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=3

First of all was the stand at Newport actually ever finished? Everytime I went it still looked like a building site. We are talking a bit more professional here then a few concrete steps with some seats bolted on them with a dark and dingy bar and toilets underneath.

They haven't updated for about 2 weeks but latest photos here :

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1338

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=3

It's all looking might Posh .Cant wait to see the pictures when the track is marked out , that will be a watershed moment for speedway

I was at Swindon a few weeks ago, and considering it is supposed to be their last season at the abbey, there was no sign of any works commencing on the site of the new stadium. They will need to get a move on to get it ready in time for the 2016 season.

Your right they had better get a wriggle on at Swindon with this being the last year at the Abbey.

FC United started construction of their stadium in November 2013 ..first they were hoping to start this 2014-15 season there but it was nowhere near ready...not surprising as that would have been about 9 to 10 months to complete....they were hoping to finish the season in it but it still wasn't ready ...so that was 17 months under construction without being ready.......they are due to open in May though .....so that is 18 months from starting construction to the official handover ..and that's around 5000 capacity

I don't know how Belle Vue compares in design but they have another 12 months to be able to start next season plus the few weeks of construction already done..and hopefully a good summer to work through....I think they should be fine to start next season and I'll certainly go and have a look at the place once it opens.

Now that Team GB are allowed in the Best Pairs Cup, maybe the National Stadium could host the British leg in 2016 - or even a round of the European Championships?

Pity we only have 1 rider worthy of entering into it.

• 1 month later...