British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

So what happens if they stop building when the 399th house is complete. I've heard of that happening in the past, although it was only something to do with providing a playground or something similar, so something that means the 400th house is going to cost millions to the developer, it makes you wonder.

I would hope that a payment, part of the 106 agreement, is made to the council for each house built and not after they have built the 399th. Also they are not able to knock down the existing stadium to build on that area and the car park until the new one is built, so we would just continue in the old one.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

I for one hope and believe this will happen and if the new track is any where near as good as H/Road we are in for a real treat I see no reason why it will not happen from what i have read.Everyone seems on board and the cost of the stadium will be a fraction of the profits achieved by the housing and it is a condition of planning is it not.

LATEST from Belle Vue ...

The build effort of the National Speedway Stadium has already crossed the one-month mark and nearly all of the initial earth works have been completed.

Thursday saw the arrival of the mammoth pile driver that, next week, will get to work on the initial stages of the foundations of the Main Grandstand.
Deep excavations are set to commence on Monday while ground preparation of the South Stand, which features the state-of-the-art acoustic barrier, will also begin.
And astroturf from the former hockey pitches has started to be removed from the site, but since ISG are such firm believers in recycling it will be sent to one of the local Cricket Clubs in Manchester.
  • Like 2

Hope this works for you guys.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1

• Like 1

hyderd,that link doesn't work for me but thanks for posting it. This is the same address but hopefully, this one will work.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1

These things are tough if you aren't on Facebook. I'll just have to pass on this one. :sad: :sad: :sad:

I don't like Facebook and do not wish to be a Member.

• Like 3

These things are tough if you aren't on Facebook. I'll just have to pass on this one. :sad: :sad: :sad:

TWK, you can do as I do and join Facebook and twitter without ever posting anything and restrict your page so that nobody can see it.

There a only two new photos but you can get updates on the stadium here

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1316

• Like 2

TWK, you can do as I do and join Facebook and twitter without ever posting anything and restrict your page so that nobody can see it.

There a only two new photos but you can get updates on the stadium here

http://www.bellevueaces.co/newsitem.aspx?id=1316

Thank you very much indeed Aces51. I will use this Link regularly. :t::approve: :approve:

I'm really surprised that you don't like Facebook as there are some great Speedway groups on there that I'm sure you would enjoy. All you have to do is become a member and then join the groups you're interested in.

• Like 2

hyderd,that link doesn't work for me but thanks for posting it. This is the same address but hopefully, this one will work.

https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1

I'v just tried it,I copied then pasted it to another search bar then hey presto it worked. it's on the belle vue site though so people can access it from there.

Anyone know what will happen with the bricks everyone has paid for ive emailed Belle Vue but they failed to reply shocking when you think everyone handed over money for something yrs ago and currently have little info

Try getting a life.

LATEST from Belle Vue ...

The build effort of the National Speedway Stadium has already crossed the one-month mark and nearly all of the initial earth works have been completed.

Thursday saw the arrival of the mammoth pile driver that, next week, will get to work on the initial stages of the foundations of the Main Grandstand.
Deep excavations are set to commence on Monday while ground preparation of the South Stand, which features the state-of-the-art acoustic barrier, will also begin.
And astroturf from the former hockey pitches has started to be removed from the site, but since ISG are such firm believers in recycling it will be sent to one of the local Cricket Clubs in Manchester.

Is it being built by Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble? :rofl::P

I didn't. You were told they would be used in construction in a viewable position, so why not follow the project and see where they are. Construction has only just started.

Anyone know what will happen with the bricks everyone has paid for ive emailed Belle Vue but they failed to reply shocking when you think everyone handed over money for something yrs ago and currently have little info

If you go to the link I posted previously, https://m.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.800845563322698.1073741831.129552893785305&type=1 and read the comments you will see that Belle Vue have said that details will be provided when building has progressed to a relevant stage. Pretty much as Tsunami has suggested.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...