British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue National Stadium

Just like you have I guess .

yawn - haven't you got any ideas of your own

On this thread as well as previous ones relating to this project, I've consistently stated that I support the idea of a National Speedway Stadium, especially if it's to be situated in a city with as much speedway heritage as Manchester.

However, I've also consistently stated I've no confidence whatsoever in the ability of Dave Gordon or Chris Morton to oversee this project's development or be involved heavily in its successful operation should it ever be built.

You may think that's a "cowardly and negative stance" ... I reckon it's a realistic view of where the project's reached (or more often, not reached) so far along with information I've weighed up from various angles.

We'll gradually find out who's right and who's wrong ... what's more, I won't be afraid to congratulate everyone if it turns out we're enjoying an English Grand Prix or a World Cup Final at this stadium in a few years' time.

Right now, and based overwhelmingly on the evidence I've seen so far, I don't expect to be making such congratulations.

this is the type of post i mean

and i'm not gloating i just would have liked some positivity

but as i said before it is being built so there is a happy ending

Edited by ch958
  • Like 1

Or this one .

yes you've cleverly taken an excerpt - i was explaining why people were complaining - i posited that they had invited criticism, however unwarranted by over hyping some small progress that had been made

cheap shot

I'll tell you what - to end this conversation how's this:

I am as bad, nay worse, than the naysayers who poo pooed this right from the start - I am a very bad person who was nothing but optimistic

I'm really sorry

• Like 1

Have a look at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=North%20West%20Tonight

It starts at about 19 minutes 28 seconds in and is available until 7pm tomorrow.

Is this what you are looking for? Being me - most likely I have got it wrong again? :unsure:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203962630120215&set=vb.1056362432&type=2&theater

Thank you very much for that Aces51 and gustix, :t:

I enjoyed that. :approve: :approve:

Edited by The White Knight

• 1 month later...

Just out curiosity, what is the timescale for building? I believe League racing is planned for the 2016 season, but I was wondering if the track would be usable, say for the Riders Championship in October 2015? or is 9 months to soon.

I suppose it all depends on the weather and anymore delays we may have. I'd say we won't be ready for this year

A digger as.

Let's wait till thy start digging before getting all excited

I'm not getting excited - but - I AM very pleased that the Stadium is going ahead.

Despite the doubters on here.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...