British Speedway Forum

Coventry Meeting Day

can i just say thank you to those who wanted this meeting, you know who you are..having just read a msg from gustix on another topic, i wont reply to anything he post..i wont be drawn into his comment and will leave it at that.....

i am still in contact with mr pawsey, i hope you all the best of luck regarding the stadium, and future speedway, but one things for sure, you need helpers on side, not pointless moaners!

• Like 2

I've recently taken gustix off ignore so I can read his posts. I realise now why I put him on there in the first place. :neutral:

• Like 1

I've recently taken gustix off ignore so I can read his posts. I realise now why I put him on there in the first place. :neutral:

I hope you haven't got ME on ignore Gemini. :shock:

Like you - I love Dogs. :t::approve:

• Like 1

Only got one - Ladyluck - but he's probably back under another name now.

can i just say thank you to those who wanted this meeting, you know who you are..having just read a msg from gustix on another topic, i wont reply to anything he post..i wont be drawn into his comment and will leave it at that.....

i am still in contact with mr pawsey, i hope you all the best of luck regarding the stadium, and future speedway, but one things for sure, you need helpers on side, not pointless moaners!

has gustix disapeared? my offer on sponsorship thread not been answered. funny how he was happy to diss me, now i offered him something, silence!!!!

has gustix disapeared? my offer on sponsorship thread not been answered. funny how he was happy to diss me, now i offered him something, silence!!!!

I haven't visted there for a few days - too busy with Facebook groups but I'll take a look now. I hope it's not a rude comment?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly the writing is on the wall , and any chance of heading Sandhu off at the pass has now dissapeared , Outline planning permission has been applied for , and unlike the bees fans who have had their heads firmly buried in the sand , Sandhu and his spin doctors have organised a meeting In Binley village hall , to smooth the passing of Brandon into housing , we had our chance and missed it , so it's goodnight and goodbye forever for Coventry speedway .

Sadly the writing is on the wall , and any chance of heading Sandhu off at the pass has now dissapeared , Outline planning permission has been applied for , and unlike the bees fans who have had their heads firmly buried in the sand , Sandhu and his spin doctors have organised a meeting In Binley village hall , to smooth the passing of Brandon into housing , we had our chance and missed it , so it's goodnight and goodbye forever for Coventry speedway .

Hi Speedibee, it's only been applied for, there's no guarantee they will get it. As you say though the writing is probably on the wall for the long term and has been for a while, I'm not sure any meeting of supporters beforehand would have made any difference to what is happening right now as much as I wish it wasn't happening.

You're local to the track aren't you? Will you be going to the meeting? I wouldn't mind going but I don't know if it's open to those of us who live further away? Maybe we could get some supporters along to that...

By the way if any mods read this thread it really needs moving to the Elite League section, a lot of Bees fans won't see it here which probably accounts for some of the lack of interest previously.

• Like 1

Apparently not true, it's for the garden centre over the road.

Apparently not true, it's for the garden centre over the road.

More importantly. The Chair of Rugby planning committee is a certain Mr Tony Gillias. Who just happens to be the chairman of the SCB. So should planning ever be put in for Brandon, we know we have one very powerful friend.

More importantly. The Chair of Rugby planning committee is a certain Mr Tony Gillias. Who just happens to be the chairman of the SCB. So should planning ever be put in for Brandon, we know we have one very powerful friend.

Yes, it was actually his wife who posted about the garden centre on the Facebook page. A good friend to have and I'd hope they would keep us updated if there is ever any news.

I would think that Mr Gillias would have to stand down for the hearing of an application as it would surely be seen as a "conflict of interest" issue.

I think the biggest barrier for saving Brandon is the changes to planning regulations that the money grabbing Tories have brought in. It's just whatMr Sandhu and the predatory developers have been waiting for since his desire for the sport was killed off.

It will be a very sad day if that permission is given and I doubt very much that an alternative site will ever be sourced and a track built. And sad to think how rosy everything seemed when Mr Sandhu took over. It really is an utter shame as it should be a premier venue for Speedway, and I think it would have achieved that had Sandhu been able to influence the sport to modernise and restructure.

• Like 1

Sorry Ive only just seen this, save me reading through the 9 pages could somebody give a quick sumarey of whats going on, I was at Brandon last friday and asked quite a few people if anything was happening but they all said it had gone quite on the subject.

I know they spoke about it at the start of the season, but didnt realise it had gone so far. Ive been going to Brandon since 1973, its not my club but it would be strange not to go there again.

Information has appeared on a local Rugby forum regarding the planning application

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s425.htm?798,14933871,14934337

Transcript is below in case the link doesn't work :-

Brandon stadium
Porkchop (IP Logged)
07 October, 2014 21:52
Looks like the writing is on the wall for another famous sporting venue in the Coventry area:

In the next few days a letter drop to the residents of Binley Woods and
Brandon will be done to inform them that a outline planning application is
being prepared for a residential development on the site of Brandon
Stadium.

An exhibition to display the initial proposals has been arranged for:
SATURDAY, 18TH OCTOBER - 10.15AM to 1PM
BINLEY WOODS VILLAGE HALL

Members of the planning team will be in attendance to answer
any questions and residents will have the opportunity to leave comments and
feedback.

If anyone can attend and lend their support in trying to keep Coventry
Stadium open please attend thank you!

I thought this was about the garden centre across the road and not the stadium?

Facebook comment...... Planning meeting is for the garden centre across from the stadium not the stadium it self. Chairman and some of the committee from Rugby BC planning will be at the meeting.

Edited by Gemini

they have got to get planning first don't think it will be that easy
  • Like 2