British Speedway Forum

Coventry Meeting Day

You all need to be positive on this one. The Bees need saving for the sake of speedway, they are a team to be proud of. I know what it was like when we lost Liecester and now we are back, don't let that happen there get together on the day and find out the truth. I know it is a horrible thought but if nothing comes out of all of this and Brandon closes, then at least as loyal fans try and get the team to ride at another stadium to keep the Bees alive until a new stadium can be built, don't let it go the way the Lions went with years in the wilderness.

Yes - agreed.

You can be a very long time in the Speedway wilderness.

Look at us in Sunderland. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Yes - agreed.

You can be a very long time in the Speedway wilderness.

Look at us in Sunderland. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Rather not Ian. :P:P:P

• Like 1

i think we should push to have this meeting at the stadium

why?

because actions not words as my school blazer said!

lets see in reality how "behind the search" the stadium really is.

if they dont want it at Brandon, then we know where we stand dont we!

• Like 2

why?

Not really.

It may be inconvenient to use the Stadium for this Meeting. They would have to pay Staff - at least for Security, Health and Safety etc..

If they disagree to hold the Meeting at the Stadium there could be lots of reasons why it would not be possible.

I, as much as anyone, want Coventry to continue as one of the top venues in the Country.

But to say that "we know where we stand dont we!" if they refuse the use of the Stadium is possibly reading too much in to it.

• Like 1

sorry i just dont trust the stadium owner anymore, something tells me the supporters are "being played"

About time he used the dispute as a smoke screen and suckered plenty. where are are Pratty, Rosco and Trump now? Even their gob piece Boon has vitually disappeared and what about Heave ho? Oh yes even Rick and Julie got dragged in to a hidden agenda, so, so unnecessary.

• Like 2

Pratt has always maintained a silence, Trump was forced out so why would he have anything to say? As for Alan Boon he's still tweeting and blogging but has been banned from the BSF because the establishment didn't like him.

Pratt has always maintained a silence, Trump was forced out so why would he have anything to say? As for Alan Boon he's still tweeting and blogging but has been banned from the BSF because the establishment didn't like him.

That'll be the appointed moderators who applied the given rules to someone who thought he was above then.

Still a knob, even on Twitter and blogging.

That'll be the appointed moderators who applied the given rules to someone who thought he was above then.

Still a knob, even on Twitter and blogging.

If that comment had come from anyone with a semblance of credibility I might have considered it. As it didn't I won't bother.

• Like 3

why?

Phil . I know you will most likely have heard this question before but is there any need for a search ?, no planning permission has been applied for , Sandhu now Apparently owns the whole shooting match , so If he genuinely wants to see speedway stock cars and dogs continue whats the problem ? , Brandon is more than adequate and has all the relevant planning permissions for sport in place , Sandhu appears to be trying to foster the idea than he is somehow being forced to develop , I might be taking too much of a simplistic view here but I cannot see how that can be true , he owns the place so who can force him to build houses on it ?

Phil . I know you will most likely have heard this question before but is there any need for a search ?, no planning permission has been applied for , Sandhu now Apparently owns the whole shooting match , so If he genuinely wants to see speedway stock cars and dogs continue whats the problem ? , Brandon is more than adequate and has all the relevant planning permissions for sport in place , Sandhu appears to be trying to foster the idea than he is somehow being forced to develop , I might be taking too much of a simplistic view here but I cannot see how that can be true , he owns the place so who can force him to build houses on it ?

It's those big pound signs that are forcing him.

would someone like to step forward a be a spokesperson in the meeting with mark pawsey. we clearly need a local voice in that position. it doesnt mean you speak on behalf of everyone, its just clearly better on all concerned to have a local on the platform with the mp..im speaking to mr pawsey in the next 24hrs..thanks

• Like 1

two days ago, and again at 5.34pm tuesday, i have suggested just 1 spokesman needed from rugby/coventry/warwickshire area? im speaking to mr pawsey wed pm, and still no one come forward. i can go ahead and arrange a date for this meeting, but ideally, i wanted a local person on board..never mind

• Like 1

I note that the sale details of the stadium still appear on the agents website. Interesting to note the following paragraph (in italics) perhaps Mr Pawsey can provide some information as to the 'development plan policy' as stated in the document?

'Discussions with officers at Rugby Borough Council indicate that

officers may be willing to consider the redevelopment of the site,

albeit providing that such proposals are acceptable in terms of

development plan policy and other material considerations'

Details can be found at http://www.gva.co.uk/property/5622/ There is a PDF document outlining fuller details.

two days ago, and again at 5.34pm tuesday, i have suggested just 1 spokesman needed from rugby/coventry/warwickshire area? im speaking to mr pawsey wed pm, and still no one come forward. i can go ahead and arrange a date for this meeting, but ideally, i wanted a local person on board..never mind

Speedibee tends to have a lot to say, have you asked him?