British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn 'stars' Vs Coventry 'bees' Thurs 29/05/14

But Larsen is 7.26, Coventry do not have two points spare for team building.

ATB

Dave

It would be absolute madness if the Bees have a chance to include Larsen instead of Fisher not to include him.
The question is, should Hansen's average be 5? SCB, who is pretty accurate when it comes to averages, has replied directly to a post from Neil Watson that he believes Hansen's average of 5.25 on the BSPA site is wrong. Neil Watson has quoted the BSPA site a few times to state it should be 5.25 but has not responded to quotes from SCB and others who have stated that the BSPA have it wrong.
This is what I and, I suspect, others are finding frustrating. IF the BSPA have it wrong, there's no point Neil Watson quoting the BSPA's provided average to state that Hansen's average is not 5.00.
Put simply, if Larsen can be fitted in instead of Fisher it simply HAS to happen. In my opinion a Bees team with Larsen in would have a genuine chance of play-off success this season! I'm not sure the current team (as some of our home results have shown) is at that level.
Any chance of a response, Neil?
Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 5

http://www.kandysoft.com/averages/ken_h_gs.htm

Luckily, Kenneths 4 home meetings and 4 away meetings tied up well. May 9th was his 4th home meeting and at that point he'd only had 4 away meetings too (having missed Leciester away). The Bees own website says 5.00.

As for cut off dates. All meetings upto the 23rd of a month are included for averages on the 1st of the month. So we now know our averages for Sunday onwards. But until Sunday, we use this months figures.

It wasn't just the points Larsen scored yesterday in Poland, it was the manner of them.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/25265

In heat 13 he didn't make the gate. He was last at the end of lap 1. Down the back straight he passed team mate Scott Nicholls. Lap 3 he picked off Daniel Jeleniewski and on the last bend got by Seb Ulamek.. Neither of those two are mugs in Poland. It was one of the best rides I have seen this season. Stunning is not over egging the pudding. Kenni really is flying this season. Absolute madness not to snap him up in my opinion. But what do I know.? :lol: Regards. Alan.

• Like 4

Kings Lynn go into Thursdays home meeting with an unbeaten home record which now stands at six meetings.

For the meeting, Lyon has called up Young Stars captain Darren Mallett to ride in place of reserve Rose who will miss the fixture as he needs to recover.

Kings Lynn Stars

1. Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2. Nicklas Porsing, 3. Rory Schlein ©, 4. Robert Lambert , 5. Kenneth Bjerre, 6. Lewis Kerr, 7. Darren Mallett (G)

Coventry Bees

1. Hans Anderson, 2. Lasse Bjerre (G) 3. Ryan Fisher, 4. Kenneth Hansen, 5. Chris Harris, 6. Jason Garrity, 7. James Sarjeant

Lasse Bjerre could be a good choice of guest as doing really well for Peterborough at the moment & This is a track he knows well

Lets just say id take a point now. Key man for us is Garrity if he can take some points off Porsing, Lambert or Kerr then we might sneak a point.

I said from the off, I think Coventry are a decent side. I don't believe your top riders will go through the card, but are more than capable of all scoring decent points. I believe our main strength is our youngsters who are all scoring good points. Rose, to me is a big lost, in that the replacements is governed by Rose's FTR position limiting the choice we can use. Was really impressed with Wright last night..... ;)

As long as our big three are somewhere near to their form, I think we will get all the points. But the thing about the NA, most team can come here and ride above themselves, and it is for that reason I can see this being quite close.

• Like 1

Stars should win this, if (big if) two days of solid rain doesn't make the track a big mess.....even Buster's magic may not save this one

Edited by kelvinht

No Rose, Puk off form, Lasse Bjerre as a guest. The Bees really should be looking for a point at least, even looking for a win. I wonder if Ryan will still be unfit Wednesday? As interestingly (or not) there is no mention of his availability for Fridays on the Bees website.

I think we look a little vulnerable against a decent side in Coventry with no Rose and Kenneth coming back from injury. Think it will be a similar score to last week and I'll gladly take that.

• Like 1

One bad meeting on a hastily prepared rain off avoiding track and all of a sudden Niels is off form?

If a team wins 5 in a row and then loses their last match they are not all of a sudden on a bad run of form are they?

Stars by 10, Niels and Kenneth to score 25+ combined.

:rofl:

Comedy gold.

Speedway takes places in more places that the UK. Did you see his score in Poland on Sunday? Or the GP last Saturday? His form is inconsistent at best,

Speedway takes places in more places that the UK. Did you see his score in Poland on Sunday? Or the GP last Saturday? His form is inconsistent at best,

There is no one more consistent through-out Europe than Niels. He has had some up and down scores this year but i would hardly call him inconsistent.

• Like 1

There is no one more consistent through-out Europe than Niels. He has had some up and down scores this year but i would hardly call him inconsistent.

Awesome observation. He's consistent but he's been inconsistent.

Surely a usually consistent rider being inconsistent is by definition, off-form.

Like you say, there is more Speedway going on than just here in the UK, for the top riders. Sp he is Hardly going to meet too many riders of Polish and /or Grand Prix standard at Lynn On Thursday night

Edited by semion

And I always thought up & down scores were a classic sign of inconsistency :D

Awesome observation. He's consistent but he's been inconsistent.

Surely a usually consistent rider being inconsistent is by definition, off-form.

If his averages have dropped rapidly in EL, Sweden, Poland, Denmark you might have a point.