British Speedway Forum

Birmingham V Eastbourne Wed 21 May

Blackbird will rack up 10+, It's up to the Eastie heat-leaders to try and pull this off.

For a start... "Eastie" have only got 2 of their 3 heat-leaders... and are probably missing their best one... and secondly... have you seen how BP and JK have been performing so far this season???

With Mikkel we might have had half a chance... without him... even if Lewis does hit double figures... I can still see us coming away empty handed...

Though I certainly wont be upset if I'm proven to be wrong...

I've given up trying to keep up with all the crazy rules and regulations so perhaps someone a bit more in the know could answer this for me...

Eastbourne are using Steve Worrall tonight as a replacement for Mikkel Michelsen... So with the new R/R rules that apply this season, what would happen if after his first ride Worrall was to develop a severe migraine or nasty back spasm (or a genuine injury of course) and be unable to take his remaining 3 rides...?

Would Eastbourne be able to apply the new R/R to replace Michelsen's average therefore allowing Woodward, Lahti and Kylmakorpi to take the rides... would it be R/R for Worrall's average... and if so could Lahti take a ride... or would it only be the reserves who could fill in...?

I'm guessing it would just be the reserves... but the way Speedway works sometimes I'm not so sure...

Edited by FromRebelToEagle

I've given up trying to keep up with all the crazy rules and regulations so perhaps someone a bit more in the know could answer this for me...

Eastbourne are using Steve Worrall tonight as a replacement for Mikkel Michelsen... So with the new R/R rules that apply this season, what would happen if after his first ride Worrall was to develop a severe migraine or nasty back spasm (or a genuine injury of course) and be unable to take his remaining 3 rides...?

Would Eastbourne be able to apply the new R/R to replace Michelsen's average therefore allowing Woodward, Lahti and Kylmakorpi to take the rides... would it be R/R for Worrall's average... and if so could Lahti take a ride... or would it only be the reserves who could fill in...?

I'm guessing it would just be the reserves... but the way Speedway works sometimes I'm not so sure...

It would be all riders below Mikkelsons average. Well Done, I think you just found a loophole!

Lol,but i bet it will happen sometime!!!! but kylmakorpi hasnt read your script and hes withdrawn instead!!!!!

Edited by speedwaysliders

Why are the locals not turning up? That meeting was top draw stuff. Loads of brilliant races. I thought last nights meeting from Sweden was good but this beat it hands down. Ben Barker was bloody good tonight too and repaying the faith the Brummies management have shown in him.

Some really good racing in this meeting, Barker's heat 3rd to 1st in the last race was awesome stuff and got them the three league points, would have been harsh not to get them just because six points were gifted to Eagles via the joker rule.