British Speedway Forum

Rockets V Sheffield Pl 17/5/14 7.00pm

Unsurprisingly nobody has started a thread so I'll do it this week.

Will be going out to celebrate Hull's victory over Arsenal in the FA cup final so won't even be attending this.

Think Sheffield might push us, strong top 2 and Lanham is no mug at Rye. Hopefully all of our riders will be on song, need more from Bunyan and I've given up hope with Lambert.

Will be going out to celebrate Hull's victory over Arsenal in the FA cup final so won't even be attending this.

What have you been celebrating every other home meeting you've missed this year, Stevenage being relegated?

Silly Ben

What have you been celebrating every other home meeting you've missed this year, Stevenage being relegated?

Silly Ben

Touched a nerve? ;) At least I know what it's like to have won at the new Wembley being a Stevenage fan! But let's not start a discussion of any sort on a rye house thread haha!

Touched a nerve? ;) At least I know what it's like to have won at the new Wembley being a Stevenage fan! But let's not start a discussion of any sort on a rye house thread haha!

Nah, football takes a back seat when the speedway season starts. If you're so confident of a Hull win, how much have you got on it? You can get 6/1 with Ladbrokes

Nah, football takes a back seat when the speedway season starts. If you're so confident of a Hull win, how much have you got on it? You can get 6/1 with Ladbrokes

Can combine both, just no enthusiasm for Rye at the moment, while we persist with underperforming riders yet again.

Good odds there, I might see what long to score anytime and hull to win pays out, football betting is a lot harder than speedway or darts though, usually stick to those!

And back to speedway boys. I think I have resigned myself to another season of ups and downs but probably mid table at best unless Len realises the error of his ways and sorts the JB and SL problem.

Think we will win but Sheffield have enough race winners to keep it close. Should be entertaining though. Carrying two passengers will mean big home wins will be a rarity.

Ps - lets hope the gooners get stuffed Ben.

Well when we were beating everyone by thirty points the moaners didn't like it so they got what they wanted. I wouldn't turn my back on the team i supported since '76 but equally i didn't think we would have carried two passengers into June even with loyal Len and Mr Motivator in charge. Jason Bunyan has never lived up to my expectations and unless he averages seven then i think he needs to go. As for Simon he may be getting decent scores for Kent but its against poor opponents and anyone who has seen him at Kent will know he looks about as comfortable on a bike there as he does at Rye.

Think we'll get all three points but Sheffield will do much better at our place than we will at theirs

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 1

Well when we were beating everyone by thirty points the moaners didn't like it so they got what they wanted. I wouldn't turn my back on the team i supported since '76 but equally i didn't think we would have carried two passengers into June even with loyal Len and Mr Motivator in charge. Jason Bunyan has never lived up to my expectations and unless he averages seven then i think he needs to go. As for Simon he may be getting decent scores for Kent but its against poor opponents and anyone who has seen him at Kent will know he looks about as comfortable on a bike there as he does at Rye.

Think we'll get all three points but Sheffield will do much better at our place than we will at theirs

Not turning my back but not going to blindly pay £16 a week (plus programme and food on top) when we're carrying passengers almost 4 months into the season.

Lambert isn't even doing that well for Kent, Morley is outperforming him most meetings whilst in the EL despite being one of the most experienced riders in the draft he's one of the lowest scoring. We've got points to use, there's no excuse not to use them.

Morley for Lambert as a straight swap and a seven pointer for Bunyan is an option or a 5 pointer for Lambert and persist with Bunyan for the time being.

I used to turn up week in week out and pay my money regardless but it's all wearing very thin now.

• Like 1

I used to turn up week in week out and pay my money regardless but it's all wearing very thin now.

You turned up at Stevenage week in week out. Remind me where they finished?

When I started a thread and used the word “Rockets” in the title I got a message from a moderator telling me that’s not acceptable as not everyone knows who the “Rockets” are? :rolleyes:

With so much top sport on at 5pm today I’m not sure how many will turn up – with the current team it could be the lowest crowd of the season.

Can’t decide if I will go or not as I have to deal with all that Wembley traffic! :unsure:

What a mess Hinge & Bracket are making of Rye. Have so little good things to say about Rye these days. Fans walking with there feet by not attending. People openly saying on this forum they had enough, surely Silver must realise the error of his ways. I feel sorry for Lambert but Rye House is a business and quite honestly it's going down the pan. Newcastle have made drastic changes. But at Rye, same as. I'd like to see Sheffield win tonight, perhaps they will, but until changes are made I'm expecting Rye to loose every match. The Morley thing is unbelievable but perhaps he dosent want to ride for Rye House?

What a mess Hinge & Bracket are making of Rye. Have so little good things to say about Rye these days. Fans walking with there feet by not attending. People openly saying on this forum they had enough, surely Silver must realise the error of his ways. I feel sorry for Lambert but Rye House is a business and quite honestly it's going down the pan. Newcastle have made drastic changes. But at Rye, same as. I'd like to see Sheffield win tonight, perhaps they will, but until changes are made I'm expecting Rye to loose every match. The Morley thing is unbelievable but perhaps he dosent want to ride for Rye House?

• Like 1

Looks like you have double trouble :t::rofl: