British Speedway Forum

It Is Time To Get Shot Of Mr Watt!

Was not classic agent Watt stuff tonight though, at least he did try but the lines were not there, that said when the Poole meeting was rained off two weeks ago and they switched it to the end of the season when the picture will be clearer then you can expect some shenanigans if Poole need points to make the top four, that is the only reason i don't want him in the side.

Maybe the agent Watt thing is a bit old hat but there are certainly times where the old boys head just isnt in it.

I'm told Sundstrom is looking for a UK club, he has sent emails to all EL, PL and NL clubs.

Do you know if he has contacted any clubs in the midland development league? I used to go to school with his mum when I was back home and she quite simply cooked the nicest pastries I have ever tasted.

Talking of pastries JJR are you a savoury man, or do you go for the fruit flan when your in the bakers?

• Like 4

Watt will be going back to Poole next year anyway because Davey will probs end up with an average of 6.

Watt away from Home: 13+1 in Brum, 6+1 in Lynn, 5 in Leic, 5 in Eastbourne, 11 in Wolves, 2 in Poole and 4 in BV.

Need I say more :t:

In 2008, Watt had away scores 6, 13, 8 ,7 , 12, 0 , 9+1, 7 while riding for Poole and went to Eastbourne in 2009. He was a bit younger then!

Need I say more.

I have had my doubts about Davey and PK from the start of the season. I have no problem with Davey's showing last night. I do get frustrated when he gives up at the back! None of that last night. As I have said before riding at 1 and 5 this season means you are always out against top riders. Hence only the genuine No1s will not suffer. Lakesides side is a strength in depth side and only once this season have they all performed together so there is still room for improvement!

Edited by Custom House Kid
  • Like 4

Do you know if he has contacted any clubs in the midland development league? I used to go to school with his mum when I was back home and she quite simply cooked the nicest pastries I have ever tasted.

Talking of pastries JJR are you a savoury man, or do you go for the fruit flan when your in the bakers?

:rofl:

E l Addio. I didn't say Sundstrom or Larsen to ride No 1 I feel Bech can do that job well. I would get either of them and ride them at No 3.

What would you do then keep Watt in the team and then wonder at the end of the season when we have done nothing and moan then.

Bech is a massive talent but as last night showed he is not a No 1 yet.

Several Lakeside home matches this year and many more last year have gone down to last heat deciders for all 3 points and invariably it has been Watt that pulled the chestnuts out of the fire. The most important thing is to have riders that can perform well on their home track because that is where most league points are accrued. Sundstroms record at Lakeside when he was with Peterboro was very poor. Larsen is a good rider but not a big hitter in a heat-leader position,

I don';t see what Sundstrom or Larsen would give over and above Davey. All the Lakeside top 5 have had howlers this year except Richard Lawson, so have plenty of riders in other clubs, not just Davey, and I cant see a single meeting where Sundstrom or Larsen would have made any difference to the result

Plus Watty is a very influential captain and seem to has a positive input in various things behind the scenes. The whole team seem to get on very well and Watts input is very important in that respect, even if he is a bit too volatile at times.

Davey is not a full out No1 but in a team built for strength in depth he covers his job more often than not. Its easy to throw up names for possible replacements when you don't have to carry the responsibilty if they turn out to be no good, but when you narrow it down there are very few riders on a 7 point average that you could say beyond doubt would do a better job than Watty overall in a team built the way Lakeside has been built. Its very frustrating that Watt , Bridger, PK and Bech have not always fired as well as they should but last Friday shows what can happen when they do all get it together at the same time, but in the meantime 8 points collected on the road so far is better than most. I can't think of a single match so far where you could say that that without doubt if we had Larsen or Sundstrom it would have definitely made a difference. Getting PK's engines running properly is a much more serious issue IMO.

• Like 1

That's because of Davey's home form.

I remember some slating Fast Freddie because his home average was way higher than his away average................... i think he still topped the league averages that year.

Such an absurd argument from some.

Lakesides problem is that we haven't got a No1, so Hts13/15 are always going to be a problem.

With a balanced team we pile on the points in the early heats, get hit with a TR, and struggle Hts13/15. IMO Watty & PK are doing their job (OK PK's having a rough spell), but we can't expect them to out-perform other teams in these heats, even 50% of the time

Still like our team, and even though we won't win anything this year, I wouldn't swap any of them

• Like 3