British Speedway Forum

It Is Time To Get Shot Of Mr Watt!

Sorry mush, but i really do think your being a little harsh there. Where you've calmed down and seen the light of day you may like to re-concider you post. Davey just had a mare at Poole, which is very much un-like him. And if you travel half way round Europe and ride like he did at the weekend which was the best i'd seen him ride for a fair old time, i think you'd be slightly tired as well..

if a club is good enough to give a rider a contract/employment i think i would expect a top performance EVERY week. if you cant do the travelling, dont sign the contract.

• Like 6

I think both Bjarne & Davey will have their reputations tarnished for how they've rode against Poole which is a shame as both have been loyal servants to british speedway but their just ain't no co-incidence with it.

Is anyone really surprised that Watt performs poor against Poole? Its about as blatant as you can get.

I cannot believe some are using the `poor thing must be tired` tag. Really?????

Professional rider that does this for a living shock.

What a load of b0ll0cks. Keyboard commandos who clearly have no idea, especially surprised at El Addio who up to now I thought was quite a sensible poster.

If any 2nd heat leader in the country on a nearly 8 point average scored 2 points on a track he had ridden for years there would be questions asked.

We know that Peter Karlsson is having trouble getting his bikes sorted and KelvinTatum has been in the Lakeside pits with him so there is at least a reason and attempts are being made to get it sorted. As far as Davey is concerned this is not the first time he has not fired against Poole with no explanation given so fans are entitled to ask if there is something more than mere co-incidence.

FWIW I don't go along with all this rubbish people post about him giving up just because he is at the back. We have seen him come through the field in quite specular fashion at times, but when a rider is a decent gater on good form, able to come through from the back, and then he suddenly has a match where he just drops further behind, who wouldn't ask what he is doing? Bottom line is he let the club down. It's not unreasonable to expect a rider of his calibre to score 5or6points. If he had done that Lakeside would have got something out of the match.

• Like 1

If I was in charge I would have to let him go, most of the time he tries his best and does a good job but he just can no longer be trusted to perform when it might go against his parent club and it would be such a shame to get to the play off only to lose because one rider has a hidden agenda even if it's only on a subconscious level.

Saturday Germany (fenced by Pedersen), Sunday Poland, Monday BV, Tuesday Sweden, Wednesday Poole.

That's why he scored badly, the man is knackered.

i agree, just like NKI who scored 15 last night.... ;)

Poor blokes knackered after flying all over Europe with 2 rain-offs and no money!!

• Like 1

Doesn't anyone remember the season Watt rode for Eastbourne when... over the last few weeks of the season... scores of 0, 1 or 2 were commonplace... and his average plummeted to such an extent that he was just able to be fitted in to the following seasons Poole team...

Just a coincidence...?

I dont think so...

Edited by FromRebelToEagle
  • Like 1

If Watt can't be ar*ed he won't try at all.. I Remember when he rode for Newcastle he never tried at meetings at Stoke and Exeter (maybe scored 1 point in total if he was lucky) We lost both meetings by few points and ended up losing the league on points difference... Bitter ..... Too right I am, would never have him my team

I think both Bjarne & Davey will have their reputations tarnished for how they've rode against Poole which is a shame as both have been loyal servants to british speedway but their just ain't no co-incidence with it.

TBF to Davey he doesnt have a bad record against Poole. He's just a rider who when he's not in the mood doesn't give a rubbish and score sod all - regardless of opposition. He's no Bjarne, who just doesn't give a toss against Poole.

Riders get paid by the point so no benefit in not scoring unless it was felt sponsors would abandon them, also once a rider puts a helmet on they normally go into race mode and who they are racing against does not matter, instinct to win should be natural but time after time watty fails to perform when riding against Poole or loses form towards the end of the season when his team looks like it could be a threat to his parent club.

It could and should be nothing but pure coincidence however I have lost faith in him, you can only be cheated on so many times before you realise you just can't trust them anymore.

Knackered?

Watt doesn't know the meaning of the word. During the war; my great grandfather walked from the pacific ocean to the Indian ocean barefooted while carrying 5 kilos worth of supplies in his backpack and having to carry a wounded comrade at the same time.

Which great grandfather was this, LGF's, KKS's, etc etc? :lol:

• Like 1

Saturday Germany (fenced by Pedersen), Sunday Poland, Monday BV, Tuesday Sweden, Wednesday Poole.

That's why he scored badly, the man is knackered.

If he's 'knackered' in May, God knows what he'll be like in September, then!

If Watt can't be ar*ed he won't try at all.. I Remember when he rode for Newcastle he never tried at meetings at Stoke and Exeter (maybe scored 1 point in total if he was lucky) We lost both meetings by few points and ended up losing the league on points difference... Bitter ..... Too right I am, would never have him my team

Don't even get me started on that one (or two!!!)!

if a club is good enough to give a rider a contract/employment i think i would expect a top performance EVERY week. if you cant do the travelling, dont sign the contract.

Really, so your saying Davey has pulled a fast one, eh? No, i think not, Davey gets paid by the point, no points no pay simple.. and find me a rider who knows the poole track better?? they are human beings , like you me and everybody on this forum. your talking guff.

Edited by Starman2006

If he is tired then why accept a guest booking for tonight and also if he really was that tired that he thought it might affect his ability to race, then in the interests of safety he should have gone sick and allowed Hammers to use rider replacement or a guest, maybe he was too worried it could lead to someone taking his place who has no hidden agendas and actually might help Lakeside get a point or more.

Really, so your saying Davey has pulled a fast one, eh? No, i think not, Davey gets paid by the point, no points no pay simple.. and find me a rider who knows the poole track better?? they are human beings , like you me and everybody on this forum. your talking guff.

Watt has a bad night.. to justify this you ask us to find a rider who knows the poole track better..

You're not exactly helping your argument there.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3