British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Wolves 9/5

Yeh just seen the latest weather forcast and it definatly looks likely the meeting will be on as the south east misses the worst of it,,the heavy rain that is ....Small risk of the odd shower...

Scott Nicholls will be guesting for Mikkel Bech tomorrow according to the star as he will be preparing for an under 21 meeting, certainly wont make Hammers any weaker.

Not a bad guest at all - I enjoy seeing Bech race but Scott has had a great start to the season and he usually has a good time at Lakeside!

When have you seen a visiting Polish rider do well at the Raceway.

Kasprzak, last time he came with Poole he scored 14 points , beaten only by PK. Not sure why people are keen on Scott as guest. Last time he guested he was disastrous and scored 4or5. It must be good few years since Scott has had a really impressive meeting at the Raceway.

Piotr got 4+2 from 4 rides at Lakeside in the 2012 play-offs. I think he'll be good for about his average there tonight.

He should get an average after today. Several people, including me, thought that his assessed average this year was too much of a gamble. It turns out it wasn't, so well done to the assessor, and to Wolverhampton for taking a chance on him (although ideally he needs to learn English soon to impress Peter Adams).

• Like 1

I dont see the problem here, Mikkel has been riding well and scoring a lot of points but from mostly the second string position which is why his average has climbed so dramatically, last time Scotty rode for us as a guest he was not riding well and confidence low, not exactly the case right now.

I personally have every faith in him that he will score more than enough points tonight to justify his inclusion.

People will moan about losing such a key rider but thats the price you pay for having a rider like that in your team, if you want the star riders and especially the younger ones this is what happens, they have a lot of commitments.

I wonder if the same people that will moan about Bech being absent are the same that constantly shout for the likes of young Patricyk Dudek to be signed?

We all saw this coming though, the new team building rules were always going to be heavily dependant on guests.

When have you seen a visiting Polish rider do well at the Raceway.

I dont watch racing at Lakeside but there are plenty of Poles that ride there well.

Swiderski, Ulamek, KK, Skornicki usually goes well there (11 last season),

Its easy to back up a statement if you do your homework on it first.

A lot of Poles (but not all) do struggle at Lakeside but I think Piotr will probably do quite well tonight.

Scott might not score quite as many points as Bech but I think he should be near enough - he's been on good form so far this year.