British Speedway Forum

Swedish Elitserien 2014, Round 1

Our Danish speedway viewers will know what i mean with this but can you ever imagine the combination of...

Sam Ermolenko AND the Danish KanalSport graphics team!!!!!!

• Like 4

'Kumla's in the middle, slightly to one side' :rofl:

I actually rewound that bit..."Kumla is a nice part of the thing, Mid Kumla is sort of in the middle to one side, you'd fly into........... you know" Aaww, I hurt :lol: :lol:

I haven't had laugh ache in a long time :t:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2

I actually rewound that bit..."Kumla is a nice part of the thing, Mid Kumla is sort of in the middle to one side, you'd fly into........... you know" Aaww, I hurt :lol: :lol:

Lol i had tears of laughter rolling down my face at one point, ok more than once.

• Like 2

Like most of us, so glad to see Swedish speedway on Eurosport HD.

BUT, like so many posters I have to say that the commentary provided was sub standard by any measure.

Reason for this post though is to point out the irony of the fact that during a commercial break Eurosport were asking for people who had an interest in becoming a sports commentator to send in their details to the station, and (I think),enter a competition.

So come on all you commentators out there...................contact Eurosport and show Jack and Sam how its done! ;)

It would cost about 100 quid to get that many laughs in a theatre :0

G'night all I am off to the USA and hope to catch up next Tuesday

Safe and pleasant trip. Spring has just arrived. :t: You know where to come for any assistance. All the best. Alan.

• Like 1

I may be alone but I'm obviously going to compare to the British Elite League and to be quite frank it was very similar. Races out front and at the back, follow the leader in a few and a high gulf in class in some heats.

The weather may have played it's part but having better riders certainly didn't make it any more entertaining.

Let's see what the next few weeks bring

• Like 2

So you are happy! :t:

Yeah very happy. 56-34 is the final score. Unfortuantely no maximums for neither PK or Kenni.

PK was 14 (3,3,2,3) and Kenni was 13 (3.3.3.3.1).

Really nice riding by Kenni, PK and Laguta. Zengota was pretty good too with 6+2. The only rider in Smederna who wasn't hot was Michelsen.

started well in his first ride and scored a 5-1 with Laguta.But then only managed 2p from his remaining three rides.

Vispen was pretty good as well, he did a very nice move on Thörnblom which meant that Vispen passed Thörnblom in the final bend.

Zorro was ok but screwed up in heart 9 when he was too late to the restart of the heat and got himself excluded for 2 min violation.

Thörnblom also earned himself a big boo in heat 8 where he fell/laid the bike down when Smederna had a 5-1 position. Thörnblom

then stayed down but looked several times if Smederna still had a 5-1. We did and he then decided to stay down.

He was excluded and also received a 2500SEK (£250) fine for his actions or rather lack of actions.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

I'm sure they based the commentators in the film Dodgeball on Sam Ermolenko! Pretty sure I heard Buczkowski referred to by Sam as Kasprzak Buczkowski at one point, although that was probably one of his closer to the mark moments than some of the gems him and Jack gave us, at least he showed us he can pronounce Kasprzak correctly for when the time comes! Felt for Jack when the scores of the other meetings flashed up and he said something like "and I'll let our expert next to me talk us through these" only for Sam to fumble his way through, with the graphic disappearing before he could give us his insight on the last score - mutters something about racing hard!

Edited by JamieE
  • Like 1

care to share some of the spring thing?

Gladly if I could! :lol: First genuinely nice day we have had since last October!!!! 22C and NO rain. Promise I won't moan when it's 96F and humid in July :t: Nice to have Tuesdays occupied again and a splendid result for you as well." Go Smederna.". Take care. Alan.

On the positive side, interesting break down of the various things a rider can do to their bike from Sam there.. better than the usual "They'll make some changes" that we usually get.

Kel Tatum has done such things on SKY.

There is no doubt Sam knows his stuff but he has serious problems in mouth to brain coordination.

It was funny all the same and added to the entertainment.

They could be the new Morecambe and Wise :)

Emil poor again in Sweden but on the plus side Greg Laguta is getting back into form.

My perfect SWC would see the Laguta's, a reinvigorated Emil and young Loktaev in the Russian team dance the competition.

Obviously I would have liked England to win but they have no chance so I back Russia :)

Let's hope as Alan pointed out that some advertising revenue comes in as a result of Swedish league or we may just see a one season offering on Eurosport.

• Like 1

Once again Swedish speedway proving itself to be almost painful to watch, and that was probably the best meeting I've seen in the last 3 seasons!

Dull coverage with little or no pit action or interviews between races, and a commentary team that were embarrassingly sub-standard, although did provide a few laughs with their ineptitude.

I don't buy into this 'we should just be grateful they're covering it' mindset. That was an utter shambles.

• Like 2

Give me Nige and Tatum any day of the week.... this is absolutely awful commentary.

Your having a laugh?

Tatum and Peircing was half the reason why we decided not to renew our Sky subscription this year!

The other reasons were lousy (slick?)presentation,padding and rubbish racing with the same old faces.

And what with that female muppet in the pits asking the usual question `how much does it mean to you.....`

Jack has been commentating on bikes for years and is a pro,the Sky idiots are NOT!!!

A major improvement in the commentary. I like this innovation :)

I agree %, and no SCREAMING!!!!!

Like most of us, so glad to see Swedish speedway on Eurosport HD.

BUT, like so many posters I have to say that the commentary provided was sub standard by any measure.

Reason for this post though is to point out the irony of the fact that during a commercial break Eurosport were asking for people who had an interest in becoming a sports commentator to send in their details to the station, and (I think),enter a competition.

So come on all you commentators out there...................contact Eurosport and show Jack and Sam how its done! ;)

And you would prefer those idiots from Sky then?

some people.................

Once again Swedish speedway proving itself to be almost painful to watch, and that was probably the best meeting I've seen in the last 3 seasons!

Dull coverage with little or no pit action or interviews between races, and a commentary team that were embarrassingly sub-standard, although did provide a few laughs with their ineptitude.

I don't buy into this 'we should just be grateful they're covering it' mindset. That was an utter shambles.

Who wants pit interviews by a person clearly know nothing about Speedway even though she has been there for 2-3 yrs asking the same old dross.

Dont like it? Switch off,

I thought it was great not having my ears ringing at the end!!

• Like 1