British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn V Wolverhampton (23/04/14)

GRW, Lambert went passed Both Wells and Worrall down the back straight through the smallest of gaps that they left between themselves. He had tried the big one around the top bend but couldnt make it stick and found himself back in 3rd coming into bend 2. Now if he could only get off the start line level with the rest, as once in front he is like s51t of a shovel.

I don't know what race you're talking about, but the race you described wasn't from last night. I was referring to the race, similar to the one Bagpuss was updating for the web site, where he came from 4th to 1st passing those in front at 3 separate occasions

Why do people do that.?????........

Iversen and Bjerre won't get near Ward and Magic for the Pirates, Darcy's in a different league and Magic on his day is as good as anyone.

It would be a different story coming out of your mouth if Iversen & Bjeere were riding for the panthers but still one of them plus others with the exception of Bjeere due to sponsorship didn't want to know Frost
  • Like 1

It was perfect for the last five heats once Buster had ripped it up a bit and watered it, too dry and slick early on. Always likely that the Lynn boys would be caught out early on as the track was so different to last week, a big pile of material on the centre grey presumably having been removed from the track with rain forecast.

Racing average early on but after the interval it was top drawer, Lambert's heat fourteen effort being the pick. As Haza says this team has nowhere near peaked yet, let's hope we can keep everyone fresh and come collectively good for the Play Offs.

Agree with you there. After the interval, the racing was top notch, but before that there wasn't much to shout about. I felt about as subdued as I felt at Leicester on Saturday :lol: The heat 14 ride by Robert Lambert was something to behold and was worth the admission fee alone, without seeing Niels pull off some of his passing moves too! I cannot grumble with how we're doing at the moment. Even the points Rory scored were hard fought and I know he has his critics (!) but I won't have a bad word said about his efforts. As for Steve Shovlar's comment about making hard work out of a mediocre Wolves team...well, maybe we did, but they were very swift from the tapes! Gating has been our problem for a few seasons now for some individuals, but if riders like Robert or Niels can swoop past the opposition and give us something to shout about, I don't mind :D Win, lose or draw, this team will have my support for sure!

As for Steve Shovlar's comment about making hard work out of a mediocre Wolves team...well, maybe we did, but they were very swift from the tapes!

It isn't like he is known for getting things right tho lets face it! :rofl:

To win 3 on the bounce isn't a mediocre side. Lets see if any other teams get as close in Norfolk. :t:

I don't know what race you're talking about, but the race you described wasn't from last night. I was referring to the race, similar to the one Bagpuss was updating for the web site, where he came from 4th to 1st passing those in front at 3 separate occasions

Why do people do that.?????........

Thats fine, if you saw it that way. We saw it differently from the back straight. Where was your viewpoint ?

Thats fine, if you saw it that way. We saw it differently from the back straight. Where was your viewpoint ?

Last night it was from the ROYAL BOX.

Just thinking about something I was told years ago and I was wondering if someone more 'with it' could confirm or deny whether it ever was or more importantly, still is, the case.

Once a meeting has started, any track work has to be agreed by BOTH team managers.

:unsure:

Just thinking about something I was told years ago and I was wondering if someone more 'with it' could confirm or deny whether it ever was or more importantly, still is, the case.

Once a meeting has started, any track work has to be agreed by BOTH team managers.

:unsure:

Has to be false as managers have complained about the grading at Eastbourne & nothing ever done. It still happens after nearly every heat

• Like 1

Kings Lynn making hard work of a very mediocre Wolves team. Certainly don't look the stand out team to me.

But by the sounds of it an entertaining meeting which is all the fans can ask for.

As for Tai, it looks like something is seriously wrong. Using last years gear is not very good for starters. But he seems all over the place. Last night he was rubbish, and tonight again failed to deliver. Don't hold much hope of him doing anything in Saturdays GP. Hope I am wrong there.

People seem to forget he went through the card with a 15 point max(even though it was against Brum)and looked pretty quick and confident.

Then in the next meeting,he suffered those three crashes,and tbh he hasnt looked the same rider since.

Tai is the sort of guy that wont blame injuries for his indifferent form,but i still feel its more than bike problems and self belief thats causing concern.

I know,he feels that he is letting the side down at the moment,but its important that he knows all the fans are behind him both for Wolves and the GP,s.

• Like 1

Last night it was from the ROYAL BOX.

Well I was on 2nd bend and I agree with you - Robert did a sublime cutback on this bend and dealt with Worrall coming out of the bend/ along back straight then swooped round Wells on the 3rd/4th bends.

Whatever the technicalities though - it was awesome :approve:

• Like 1