British Speedway Forum

Kings Lynn V Belle Vue 16/4

If Stefan has a good night then Belle Vue could get something.....otherwise should be three points for thevStars really. Don't expect Reade or Palm Toft to score and Cook hasn't had a decent meeting at Lynn since his Buxton days.The other three should be a handful though.

Lewis Kerr and Lynns 2 big Guns should have a field day. Be interesting to see how Lambert performs this week after 2 encouraging away performances, over the past few days. Nice evening, Plenty of Dirt down, Good Crowd in, again. Has all the makings of a good un.

Have no doubt about us winning tonight, just the extent of the scores. Belle Vue are far stronger this year and should make a better contest. No way will they figure in the lower regions and can see them challenging for play-off places. But I believe , we at Lynn this year have the makings of a real top side that are good league prospects. So looking at them in that light, we should be too strong for BV.

With Zagar, Cook, Nicholls and Worrall in there side there should be some exciting scraps. Cant wait till to-night.......

It should be three points for the Stars tonight but still very much looking forward to the meeting, perfect day for speedway.

I'm sure Richie Worrall will receive a warm welcome on his return, he was superb for us last season. Young Stefan Nielsen is popular as well (well at least with me and a few other posters on here :wink:). With him being a former mascot and his family being regulars on the first bend it still annoys me to this day that despite running the Young Stars he's never lined up for us.

Zagar and Nicholls have always been good value at Lynn and I'll be watching with interest to see if Cook finally puts in a decent NA. Never impressed during his Workington days and has done nothing on previous visits with Belle Vue. Made Middlo's selection of him for last year's SWC even more puzzling.

And the biggest plus point, after running the London Marathon I can have a pint while watching the Stars. C'mon boys :drink:

I wouldn't go that far, Phil! Think Belle Vue are better value than that myself :approve:

I said the same about us at Eastbourne on Saturday and we got closeISH; so I'm hoping this will work out the same. Haha

Reverse phycologist and all that ;-)

Edited by Phil The Ace

Should be a very comfortable home win. Reserves and second strings affect meetings much more this year than before I think but hoping for some decent racing as I'll be there in person. Gate and go is not what I want!

Young Stefan Nielsen is popular as well (well at least with me and a few other posters on here). With him being a former mascot and his family being regulars on the first bend it still annoys me to this day that despite running the Young Stars he's never lined up for us.

And the biggest plus point, after running the London Marathon I can have a pint while watching the Stars. C'mon boys

And now Nielsen is owned by Coventry as Scunthorpe sold him on. Work that one out! I liked the look of him when he raced for Mildenhall. Very exciting! I wouldn't have have minded seeing him in our colours.

P.S. don't get too drunk now :nono: You have a job to do on Twitter updating haven't you? :lol:

As expected the Aces reserves well and truly owned. I fear they are going to be doing that all season, hopefully they can improve come the second reserve race each meeting???, they didn't tonight :(

Belle Vue had an awful history year after year of selecting the only Poles in that country who could never score points. Looks like our selection policy could be heading down the same path with these Fast Track riders (or SLOW Track in the Aces case).

Excepting his final race from gate four which had a five race winning streak, it even gave Tofty a win, Rory Schlein did a 'Hougaard' (had a stinker against his old club). Cook was disappointing to say the least but it's early days. At least Palm Toft is surpassing his assessed three point average.

Nice to see the meeting delayed to let the crowd in, hopefully that will let the very good quality Bet365 live streaming continue for the season.

Even with an off form Iversen and Schlein Kings Lynn are definatly setting the benchmark this season and are worthy title favourites. Good to see the young brit Lambert proving he is worth his place in the main body and can only get better. 2 strong reserves as well.

MPT was well worthhis six points tonight and rode really well on Monday as well. Wonder what odds you could have got that NKI wouldn't win a race? Lambert looked very good for such a youngster and Stars look the team to beat for me, as there are no obvious weaknesses.