British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Eastbourne/ Eastbourne V Lakeside

Good 3pts to start the day, surprised the Eagles didn't push us closer. Racing a bit processional though, blue line on the inside and plenty of dust by the end of the meeting; guess that can be expected with an afternoon start. Hoping for a point at Arlington now

• Like 1

Ben Hopwood guest for Eagles in both meetings?

Funny thing, tried to find any info about him. Expected another youngster.

Born 11-03-1981. Really young, only 33. :D

Oh dear some people really do need to get their facts right.......Bet you feel a bit of a douche now don't you.

https://twitter.com/hopwoodracing

Edited by TMW

I think, knowing Ben as I do, he won't be all that amused to find out via this thread that he's ten years older than he thought he was!

I'm sure he will see the funny side !!!!!!

Give him a bit of slack at least one website has that dob.

Slack duly given!!!!!

I suppose he was making fun of the system anyway rather than Ben.

He should be with the Aces. No idea why he isn't

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

A successful day for Lakeside, just about hanging on for a point at Eastbourne - although if Bech had been at the away meeting and PK / Davey had chipped in with a couple more points it could have been even more! Happy with those results though!

I love the way you fail to mention PK's pitiful effort tonight along with Davey Watt.

What a fantastic top 2 these guys are proving to be.

Fairly good at home will always struggle away, Strength in depth is what the team is built around. Lewis just starting to make a difference Adam just needs to settle down. Bech will be in top 3 soon and Lawson doing what is expected if not a bit more, Ben Morley now dialled in around Arena

Anyone wanna take Woodward of our hands

Looking at Joonas at Arena today you could loose him as well. To be fair Woodward did well at ours.

• Like 2

What a crock of s**t, that is by far the most visitor bias refereeing display I have ever seen at any speedway meeting. Chris Gay you should be ashamed, you clearly gave everything you could tonight to ensure Lakeside took something from the meeting! Their eighth man without a doubt!

Most of the decisions against Eastbourne may well of been just, even if heat 13 was highly questionable, but I didn't see one the other way. Lewis Bridger rolling in every single ride, not one pulled back, not one warning, including heat 15 when it really mattered!

Absolutely outrageous!

Edited by GeneralLevy
  • Like 1

What a crock of s**t, that is by far the most visitor bias refereeing display I have ever seen at any speedway meeting. Chris Gay you should be ashamed, you clearly gave everything you could tonight to ensure Lakeside took something from the meeting! Their eighth man without a doubt!

Most of the decisions against Eastbourne may well of been just, even if heat 13 was highly questionable, but I didn't see one the other way. Lewis Bridger rolling in every single ride, not one pulled back, not one warning, including heat 15 when it really mattered!

Absolutely outrageous!

I take it you wont be buying him an Easter egg.

Bit harsh 3 out of my 5 bets won on the day. Lakeside did win by 10+ and if it was not for Woodward Eastbourne would have won by 10+ at Arlington. I feel that Kylmakorpi was a great bet and I backed Joonas over 7 tonight and the bet come in with ease.

As I said, I am not a betting man but he was pants at lakeside so I am glad I ignored your tip.