British Speedway Forum

Coventry Bees V Leicester Lions 18/4/14

Will Fisher have enough time to get from Ipswich meeting (2.15 start) to Brandon (7.30 start) for the meeting esp when in heat 1?

Ipswich should finish before 4.15 which gives him 3 hours to get here, usually takes 2 hours ish. Hopefully the traffic isnt too bad. Ricky Wells guesting for Simon Stead.

Don`t think it will be a walk over for the Bees as some seem to think. The Lions have one or two riders that can come up with match winning performances, am expecting Doyle, Mads, and Hougard to be a serious threat ,all are capable of double figures plus Stead and Ljung as back up and am thinking a hard meeting for the Bees.......

Edited by dornier

I hope that the Leicester promoter has explained the importance of this and the return match on Saturday to the Leicester Riders! It doesn't matter to me if Leicester do not win any other matches this season as long as they beat the Bees! I well remember as a lad in the 1950's catching a double decker Leicester City Transport bus (one of about 12) to Brandon on a Saturday night and buying hot dogs (with onions) from the man at the back of the banking on the 3rd bend. Delicious! Even more delicious if the Hunters (as they were then) won.

Me too but more for the fact I was sitting on the top deck when it got damaged by branches from trees on route. Pretty scary! :lol: No M69 in those days but I can't remember exactly where the incident happened.

Ricky Wells is in as a guest for stead.

Leicester have riders who usually ride well at Brandon esp Mads, Wells and Patrick.

Hopefully there will be some dirt on the track and we can see the kind of excitement from Hansen we saw against Poole.

Where is Simon? I was looking forward to watching him as he's one of my favourite riders. :sad:

Me too but more for the fact I was sitting on the top deck when it got damaged by branches from trees on route. Pretty scary! :lol: No M69 in those days but I can't remember exactly where the incident happened.

Where is Simon? I was looking forward to watching him as he's one of my favourite riders. :sad:

You and me both as I think he would go well at Brandon. I believe he is at Redcar with Sheffield

He's riding for Sheffield. X

Coventry will have Max Ficke as a guest for the Saturday meeting in place of Howarth

Thanks.

Coventry will have Max Ficke as a guest for the Saturday meeting in place of Howarth.....

Blimey! Never heard of him. Hope he can gate.

Thanks.

Blimey! Never heard of him. Hope he can gate.

Gem, he's a young Aussie doing well at Edinburgh, so with a bit of luck he'll pick up a few points for the Bees. And its Fricke not Ficke, hope you enjoy the meeting, brings back memories of the olden days lol

Edited by jrs
  • Like 1

Max Fricke rides for Edinburgh, is 18 years old, 5.80 average and has been popping in double-figure scores this season.

http://www.edinburghmonarchs.co/results/

I watched him guest for someone (can't remember who) last year and was impressed. His main job is to beat their reserves and he should do that at least.

Ipswich should finish before 4.15 which gives him 3 hours to get here, usually takes 2 hours ish. Hopefully the traffic isnt too bad. Ricky Wells guesting for Simon Stead.

Maybe 2 hours ish by broomstick ......no way by road. 3 to 4 hours more like.