British Speedway Forum

April 26: European Fim Speedway Grand Prix (bydgoszcz, Poland)

This is not correct, don't blame the FIM, blame BSI who have been putting pressure on the FIM (which we all knew anyway) according to Mr. Armando Castagna himself.

There is a long interview with him in the the latest issue (#1;2014) of Speedwayracing,

An amazing revelation given the propaganda we have been fed by "Our man at the BSI" :rofl::o Good on Armando for blowing the lid on this and confirming what a lot of us pretty well knew :t: Sounds a good magazine.Wonder if the Star would print such revelations?

Edited by iris123

A different perspective than what we've been told by the BSI's unofficial official.

PRESUME you mean me ... haven't seen the article. Does anyone have a link? Or better still, an English translation of the relevant quotes.

However, I do know from my own conversations with Armando during the latter stages of last year that he was very anti allowing riders to compete in both the SGP and SEC, as were those higher up the food chain at the FIM.

A different perspective than what we've been told by the BSI's unofficial official.

An amazing revelation given the propaganda we have been fed by "Our man at the BSI" :rofl::o Good on Armando for blowing the lid on this and confirming what a lot of us pretty well knew :t: Sounds a good magazine.Wonder if the Star would print such revelations?

Sounds like BSI have not just shot themselves in the foot but blown their leg off.

It will now be very interesting to compare the SEC with the SGP.

SGP has Chris and Darcy but SEC has Tomas and Emil.

This is turning into a fascinating season :)

Have any of you 3 read the article in question?

Iris mentions.. 'sounds' like a good magazine.. surely if he has read it, it wouldn't 'sound' like one..

Edited by BWitcher

Iris mentions.. 'sounds' like a good magazine.. surely if he has read it, it wouldn't 'sound' like one..

From the issues I've read, it looks better than it is. But it's a speedway magazine, in Sweden and available in stores and kiosks around southern Sweden (havent been elsewhere so cant comment). So it's a good mag!

I have friends visiting hallstavik a week from now. This went on top of my souvenir wishlist.

Tommy Rander of Kaparna speedway Gothenburg fame-as well as TV work went on to work on a new Swedish Speedway magazine-is this the one ??

Yes, the same. As I know it, he IS the magazine.

I'm more referring to the fact that the 3 quoted are jumping on BSI, but have they actually read the article themselves?

i.e. Do we know what has actually been said by Castagna?

Not yet, give 10 days. Or make ghostie do it all in 14 hours... LOL

Good point.

No I haven't read it so does this mean what was said isn't true.

Whoevers to blame it's a mess and has damaged the SGP.

Speedway is in too precarious state to keep bleeding itself this way.

I'm more referring to the fact that the 3 quoted are jumping on BSI, but have they actually read the article themselves?

i.e. Do we know what has actually been said by Castagna?

I wasn't jumping on BSI pal.

You make a lot of mountains out of molehills here.

I don't give as toss about any of them I just like watching speedway.

But good point nontheless Do we know what has actually been said by Castagna?

Edited by pandorum

Good point.

No I haven't read it so does this mean what was said isn't true.

Whoevers to blame it's a mess and has damaged the SGP.

Speedway is in too precarious state to keep bleeding itself this way.

I wasn't jumping on BSI pal.

You make a lot of mountains out of molehills here.

I don't give as toss about any of them I just like watching speedway.

But good point nontheless Do we know what has actually been said by Castagna?

You weren't jumping on BSI but said "Sounds like BSI haven't just shot themselves in the foot but blown their leg off"

This over something that you have absolutely no clue what has been said.

I would suggest its pretty difficult to decide if something is 'true' or 'not true' or even to make a judgement as to whether someone has 'shot themselves in the foot' or 'blown their leg off' if we haven't even read it.

• Like 1

And at Bydgoszcz they certainly dislike the chosen wild card Adrain Miedzinksi, who is a TORUN rider !

I will never understand why Miedzinski got in. A terrible choice! And the question is "why" choose him? He is already quite sure of getting another wild card in Torun as well. Why is he treated so favourably? There's lots of other exciting Polish riders (Buczkowski is just one of them), there are many more.

Anyway, in Bydgoszcz they love to hate everything that comes from Torun, and Miedzinksi will not feel at home there.

You weren't jumping on BSI but said "Sounds like BSI haven't just shot themselves in the foot but blown their leg off"

This over something that you have absolutely no clue what has been said.

I would suggest its pretty difficult to decide if something is 'true' or 'not true' or even to make a judgement as to whether someone has 'shot themselves in the foot' or 'blown their leg off' if we haven't even read it.

Good grief man you are setting a high standard for a silly discussion forum.

​Using your model pretty much every thread here falls into this category. :rofl:

I bet you have said something here whilst unaware of all the facts.

By your model any discussion of this subject is bogus as we don't really have a clue exactly what has been said but are making conclusions on what we have heard has been said.

Dunno bout you but I call that a discussion :)

Edited by pandorum

Good grief man you are setting a high standard for a silly discussion forum.

​Using your model pretty much every thread here falls into this category. :rofl:

I bet you have said something here whilst unaware of all the facts.

By your model any discussion of this subject is bogus as we don't really have a clue exactly what has been said but are making conclusions on what we have heard has been said.

Dunno bout you but I call that a discussion :)

It's a shame when an adult can't just admit they've made a mistake, but continue to dig and dig and dig.

You've made statements about something when you don't even know what it was that was said.. then tried to deny it.. had your own words quoted and now continue to dig and dig and dig.

That's not a discussion, that's being a child.

After a mediocre display in New Zealand, I can see Iversen posing a big threat in Bydgoszcz. One of the top riders in the Polish league, in fine form in the Elite League, and fired up after the first round, that's where my money would go.

Harris can't do any worse than five zero's and with nothing to lose should score some points.

I guess Gollob has burnt all his bridges with BSI? Going on his historic performances at this circuit and his local celebrity status, I would have thought he'd make the ideal Wild Card candidate. I bet the 15 full time speedway riders are glad the organisers didn't go down this route though!

JT.

Edited by JT

After a mediocre display in New Zealand, I can see Iversen posing a big threat in Bydgoszcz. One of the top riders in the Polish league, in fine form in the Elite League, and fired up after the first round, that's where my money would go.

Harris can't do any worse than five zero's and with nothing to lose should score some points.

I guess Gollob has burnt all his bridges with BSI? Going on his historic performances at this circuit and his local celebrity status, I would have thought he'd make the ideal Wild Card candidate. I bet the 15 full time speedway riders are glad the organisers didn't go down this route though!

JT.

Pretty sure Mr G would have been asked-if not begged to be the WC.

• Like 1