British Speedway Forum

Methanol In Engine Oil

ManxGaz

I am experiencing fuel in my engine oil when I drain it out at the end of riding. Will adjusting the float height resolve the problem or is there another issue? It is a Blixt Mk1 carb.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not entirely sure as I have bought the bike second hand for use in amateur meetings. It is still in its original set up. Stripping the carb is my project for the weekend.

It starts easily and runs fine, but when I drop the oil it is contaminated with fuel. Do you think a smaller jet would help?

Cheers,

It's quite substantial. I use the choke for starting but turn it off immediately the engine is running. I am stripping and cleaning the carb to see if this makes any difference. Have been advised that it may be over fuelling if the floats are not closing off the inlet to the bowl?

Thanks,

• 4 years later...

it's not unusual as long as the oil is not washed off the cylinder surface due to over jetting.

On 4/4/2014 at 9:35 PM, ManxGaz said:

It's quite substantial. I use the choke for starting but turn it off immediately the engine is running. I am stripping and cleaning the carb to see if this makes any difference. Have been advised that it may be over fuelling if the floats are not closing off the inlet to the bowl?

Thanks,

what carb is it ?

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2014 at 1:58 PM, ManxGaz said:

I am experiencing fuel in my engine oil when I drain it out at the end of riding. Will adjusting the float height resolve the problem or is there another issue? It is a Blixt Mk1 carb.

Thanks in advance for any help.