British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague Play-off Final Sunday October 5th Plus Div 1

Google translation of a very interesting Sportowefakty article(to me anyway !!)

Teams participating in the final ENEA Extraleague on the aggregate could earn up to half a million dollars. Losses at this level has, in turn, meeting the winner of the bronze medal.

Stal Gorzow defeated in the finals of Enea Extraleague Fogo Leszno Union and was the Team Champion Polish. In the course of this season, however, were satisfied both teams. For the Bulls silver was also a great success. Besides, both teams earned at the final competition. Enabled is primarily an excellent turnout in the stands. Both the stadium in Leszno and in Gorzow Wielkopolski was filled to the last seat.

The situation was quite different in the case of meetings of bronze. - Attendance was really miserable and you should consider whether such games have meaning - Jacek Gajewski noted. - Clubs that were in the top four, operate approximated rates. The differences are really small. On this basis, the tie for the winning team, assuming that it wins in every meeting of about 50 points, the cost of 500 thousand. It consists of expenditure on salaries for speedway riders plus support costs. Proceeds from ticket judge while about 100 thousand - told us one activists. It is worth noting that in the second meeting Tarnow gained significantly more points (Swallows defeated the SPAR Falubaz 63:27), so it can be safely assumed that the activists spent a total of about 600 thousand for the two meetings on the third place. This means that the club could lose the battle for bronze about half a million.

- I thought about it before. We talked about this also with the presidents of other clubs. The attendance at the match for third place was average. I see more arguments against waging meetings bronze than for. Finals is strictly profitable business. Last year, the battle for the bronze medal was not so crazy in the stands. In our case, summarizing rivalry with FALUBAZ continues. We sold tickets not only over the counter, but also in 11 other points. Everything we know in the near future. But as I said, from the financial side I see more arguments against the waging of such games - said in an interview with the portal SportoweFakty.pl Tarnow club president Luke Orchards.

The situation is quite different in the case of teams that fought for the gold. Their spending points were similar, however the proceeds from the tickets much greater. - Here the situation is reversed. At the finals can earn up to half a million, as revenue from tickets are in the range from 700,000 to a million. So we can say that it matches with gold and brown it a million zlotys difference in the budget, and it really often about who will go for the championship in the details - explained to us one of the activists. It is also worth noting that it is better for the final competition earned in Leszno, as the Union has a greater object of Steel.

In this situation, it is reasonable to question whether you should play for the bronze medal match. More and more people, a speedway believes that these games should be abandoned due to their associated costs. As you know, the financial situation of the Polish clubs is not colorful. Besides, more and more talk about the fact that there should be greater reward teams for efficient driving in the main round. - Winner Round headline should have automatically secure the bronze medal. Tarnow had a huge bad luck with injuries. As if that was not enough they had to fight for bronze and incur the additional costs of this title - said the President of the Gorzow Steel Ireneusz Maciej Bane.

- The absolute minimum should already be able to choose an opponent for a team that has won a crucial round. I maintain, however, that the match for the bronze should resign - he said Bane. - Also, I'm about to give up those matches. It's no consolation final. Brown should get a team that was above the table on the part of the constitution. Tie for third place also raises financial impact. Consider it from the point of view of the teams that were in the top four, and for none of them would have been a profitable event. For Torun also would be a failure. Feast of the slag could be for centers that have not fought a long time with no medals - added the President of Zielona SPAR Falubaz Marek Jankowski.

Google translation of a very interesting Sportowefakty article(to me anyway !!)

Teams participating in the final ENEA Extraleague on the aggregate could earn up to half a million dollars.

A common Google coq-up. It should translate as "Zloties" - which when converted, = £95,000 or so.

Thanks for the links

Question though, are both heats 14 & 15 nominated races? If so, how come each team nominates the riders in the heats then occasionally overlays a rider with another rider. It seems like a tactical switch in a nominated heat. Just doesn't make sense to me?

It is something I've only just noticed in Polish speedway

Edited by screamer

Grigoriy Laguta being linked with a move to newly promoted Rzeszow for next season-after winning an open meeting there on Friday.

Rzeszow, Torun, Wroclaw and Zielona Gora seems to be the clubs he is negotiating with.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=sv&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportowefakty.pl%2Fzuzel%2F474551%2Fgrigorij-laguta-negocjuje-z-klubami-z-rzeszowa-torunia-zielonej-gory-i-wroclawia

• 2 weeks later...

Short video of Adam skornicki meeting on Sunday including wrong way round race http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/476304/zuzel-w-prawo-i-w-czterech-na-jednym-motorze-wideo

Most entertaining racing of the season. Wrong way round, 4 on a bike and the sweetest little kid ever on a bike. Super enjoyable. Alan.

The Adam Skornicki meeting last sunday was absolutly brilliant! Best entertainment all season for sure. Check out my report for some pics if you're interested :)

For those who need a last little Polish speedway fix (like me), there are two meetings 'close together' this weekend :)

Saturday 25.10 - Turniej o Puchar Prezydenta Miasta Grudziądza (Grudziadz)
Sundag 26.10 - Łańcuch Herbowy Ostrowa Wielkopolskiego (Ostrow)

Both meetings are individuals with both international and local riders, should be good.

Eventualy you can choose meetings at south of Poland:

Saturday 25.10 - Idzikowski & Czerny Memorial (Częstochowa)
Sundag 26.10 - President's Cup (Rybnik)

Both individual. I prefere DutchGrasstrack choice :)

Edit:

Turniej o Puchar Prezydenta Miasta Grudziądza is 4 teams tournament.

Edited by Mama

Video of Gorzow`s open top bus league title celebration http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/477798/gorzow-powital-mistrzow-polski-wideo good song to go with it .

Sounds like Ralph McTell :t: Nice to see Niels looking well on the road to recovery.