British Speedway Forum

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

Does he realise that to get from Poole to the other side of Southampton for the airport is on one of the Souths busiest stretches of road, and on a Good Friday? Could be sitting in traffic for hours! Hope Edinburgh have cover in place!

Well if that happens are guess he will have to ride in Swindon home leg as well :wink:

• Like 1

I imagine Edinburgh will be sweating over this one. Cutting it fine if the meeting at Poole take 2 hours and hoping for no traffic and then any delay at the airport and he'll miss the start of the Edinburgh meeting!

You imagine right! Although Glasgow have two NL Guests on Friday so missing Steve won't hopefully hit us too hard if we need cover in the event of delay

I imagine Edinburgh will be sweating over this one. Cutting it fine if the meeting at Poole take 2 hours and hoping for no traffic and then any delay at the airport and he'll miss the start of the Edinburgh meeting!

Why ? there only riding Glasgow who have riders missing ..matters not if he makes it or not

Is there anyone going to the Poole leg of the meetings who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Edited by crazysue

He's flying from Heathrow and well done to Swindon and Worrall for showing commitment to the cause!

Flights from Heathrow every hour so half four flight should get him in on time.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

More to the point, will Nielsen be fit for the away leg?? If not, who else?

Difficult one to call. Disappointing that injury has wrecked out chances of a "Good" Friday but not going to alter much this early in the season. More important that Kyle gets fit ASAP so we have some bite at reserve.

What teams are not riding tomorrow night? That will decide who Matt can choose.

Steve Shovlar, on 16 Apr 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:snapback.png

If Kyle is out for a while can't Poole use guests to Kyles draft pick? So basically everyone to Garrity.

No team should be expected to use a rider at the bottom of the B list to replace an A grade reserve.

As for Friday our options are severely limited but I am sure Matt is already on the case.

Charles Wright might be available for the morning meeting-unless he`s guesting elsewhere.

So it is Charles Wright in the morning

best bet for worral is to jump on a train from Poole. It goes straight to the airport. No traffic delays. Seems an extravagance though because who have we got at reserve.

Easter weekend is not a good day for trains, from my location 5 miles east of Southampton to Poole.

Train to Woolston - Bus to Southampton Central - Bus to Bournemouth - Train to Poole. Time - 2+ Hours.

Southampton Central is closed all weekend.

How exactly does Charles Wright qualify for the draft?? Was he ever on the list to start with?? If so why wasnt he already picked?...turned it down??...IS he riding tomorrow for Poole?......

No he was not included on the draft list to start with, presumably he declined along with the others who have # against their name on the the latest draft list.

The riders now added to the draft are only available as guests.

He is riding for Poole tomorrow.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

How exactly does Charles Wright qualify for the draft?? Was he ever on the list to start with?? If so why wasnt he already picked?...turned it down??...IS he riding tomorrow for Poole?......

Here is the draft http://www.speedwaygb.co/14issues/el_issue4.pdf it must be the original but with some riders added-I can only assume that the riders who have GUEST ONLY against their names turned down the opportunity to take up one of the full time positions-this could be for a variety of reasons including getting time of work,to not accepting the pay rates being offered. Finally he guests in the morning for Poole according to their website.

No he was not included on the draft list to start with, presumably he declined along with the others who have # against their name on the the latest draft list.

The riders now added to the draft are only available as guests.

He is riding for Poole tomorrow.

As a Somerset fan who is making the trip down, I look forward to him hopefully piling up the points like he has been for Somerset everywhere this year.