British Speedway Forum

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

Watched the meeting on bet365 and I could not see a thing. We will bounce back tonight Robins fans on a proper race track.

Hmm...

my god you talk some crap your knowledge of the sport is shocking if you consider that a good meeting or a good track. Poole now undisputedly the worst track in the league. Oh and I thought you said Poole would struggle and Swindon would win? Again shows your either are a complete fool or do not understand when one team is better than another! The whole speedway family sees Poole and Lynn as the 2 favourites except you. Or maybe simply you are a troll

These troll accusations are getting really boring now and so is your obsession with Steve. All you seem it do as talk and talk and talk abou him on Poole threads!

At the end of the day even Darcy said the track was crap and the only passing was between Smart and Greenwood and that was because they kept on making mistakes. Swindon will win tonight and take all 3 EL points on a proper race track with many different ways to get around the place unlike Wimborne Road or should I just say FTG.

You were saying!!
  • Like 2

First of all congratulations to the Pirates on their victory in tonight's meeting, Shamek's ride in Heat 15 was a real match winning performance and outstanding speedway.

As for the Robins I really feel this team's been put together very much on a budget. I'm convinced Rosco's anxious that we don't have a repeat of last season's financial melt-down and is trying to operate within the means of the club. No disrespect to Nikolai and Simon but they must have been acquired on the cheap; nobody wanted Klindt after last season and Gustafsson was surplus to requirements at Eastbourne. These two will blow hot and cold all season and consequently I feel Swindon will come up short quite a lot this year.

In comparison although Poole had Janwoski having an off night, Milik struggling and Shamek suffering the after effects from a heavy fall this morning, they all managed to win at least one race. Coupled with this an outstanding shift from a 2nd string rider in Grajczonek. They're the most balanced team in the league.

Its early days yet but as others have said its already looking like Kings Lynn and Poole will make up the play off final.

• Like 1

Just got back. What a cracking day!!!!!! First trophy in the cabinet!

First of all this mornings meeting. Super racing in challenging conditions. The track was very wet to start with but soon dried out and by heat 8 started to get dusty. However, it still produced excellent racing with overtaking in most heats and some brilliant team riding to thrill the large crowd.

Pirates were completely dominant and Swindon get a single heat advantage. The only heat they won was when Holder let Batchelor through so that Swindon couldn't use a tac. Weather condition were harsh for daytime racing with warm sunshine and a breeze. But the crowd were entertained to some top notch action. Well done to Wright for stepping in and doing a grand job.

This evening was a different story. Clear and chilly. Racing was mostly processional after the first lap bar a couple of heats and the all important heat 15 when heroics were needed when the shouldn't have been.

Swindon started strongly with some good gating and opened a ten point lead. Then Poole woke up and kicked some ass. Heat 14 was a complete shambles though and nearly cost us the win.

Poole gated on a 5-1, Gustafsson fell and the ref was quick to put on the red light. IN the rerun all Smart had to do was finish, but he laid on the track and got excluded. All the good work he had done earlier in the meeting was undone. It gave Swindon an unworthy lifeline which they nearly took, but for the heroics of Shamek to pass Kildemand on the last lap and send the large contingent of Poole fans into raptures.

For Swindon

Kildermand was awol this morning but better tonight. Showed he is not yet an out and out top flight rider at the death. Getting there though.

Klindt was useless in both legs

Batchelor did his job this morning and was a force tonight.

Gustafsson was as bad as Klindt.

Morris was useless this morning but unbeaten in his first three rides tonight.

Both reserves did as expected.

For Poole.

Holder rode very well in both. Shame on the Swindon fans shouting at Holder and calling him a has been when he was 5-1'd in one heat tonight. He is only on his way back from injury and has still a way to go to get back to where he was.

Josh G was superb in both meetings. MOTM tonight for me.

Shamek got whalloped this morning but showed true grit in wanting to ride tonight and brought home the points at the death.

Milik rode fast when he stayed on. Think he is over riding wanting to impress. Has very good ability.

Magic started slowly this morning and wasn't at his best tonight.

Wright was excellent this morning

Smart had a better day but messed up big style in heat 14 tonight.

Neilsen did his job.

Swindon 0 Poole 6. Lovely. When Newman and Ward return we are going to be even stronger.

Next up a tough fixture awaits next Wednesday at Birmingham. Will we continue our superb start to the season? Watch this space!

Happy days!!

It was a meeting of two halves. Swindon looked good in the first half and lost their gating abilities in the second half. MOTM - Josh G for me.

OThat was my first match of the season and I can't say I enjoyed the new race format or draft riders. Will definitely pick future meetings too - if I'm not doing something better. Definitely lost the speedway bug and I thought tonight would rekindle it - but it didn't !

My sentiments entirely.

All this talk of Poole being great and Swindon being poor. Yet the Pirates are favourites for the league. Take away the extra points gained from the tactical ride and we beat them. So we can't have been that bad.

I very much pick and choose my meetings these days. Probably I only do one or two meetings a year. And I thought it was good.

• Like 1

Just got back. What a cracking day!!!!!! First trophy in the cabinet!First of all this mornings meeting. Super racing in challenging conditions. The track was very wet to start with but soon dried out and by heat 8 started to get dusty. However, it still produced excellent racing with overtaking in most heats and some brilliant team riding to thrill the large crowd.Pirates were completely dominant and Swindon get a single heat advantage. The only heat they won was when Holder let Batchelor through so that Swindon couldn't use a tac. Weather condition were harsh for daytime racing with warm sunshine and a breeze. But the crowd were entertained to some top notch action. Well done to Wright for stepping in and doing a grand job.This evening was a different story. Clear and chilly. Racing was mostly processional after the first lap bar a couple of heats and the all important heat 15 when heroics were needed when the shouldn't have been.Swindon started strongly with some good gating and opened a ten point lead. Then Poole woke up and kicked some ass. Heat 14 was a complete shambles though and nearly cost us the win.Poole gated on a 5-1, Gustafsson fell and the ref was quick to put on the red light. IN the rerun all Smart had to do was finish, but he laid on the track and got excluded. All the good work he had done earlier in the meeting was undone. It gave Swindon an unworthy lifeline which they nearly took, but for the heroics of Shamek to pass Kildemand on the last lap and send the large contingent of Poole fans into raptures.For SwindonKildermand was awol this morning but better tonight. Showed he is not yet an out and out top flight rider at the death. Getting there though.Klindt was useless in both legsBatchelor did his job this morning and was a force tonight.Gustafsson was as bad as Klindt.Morris was useless this morning but unbeaten in his first three rides tonight.Both reserves did as expected.For Poole.Holder rode very well in both. Shame on the Swindon fans shouting at Holder and calling him a has been when he was 5-1'd in one heat tonight. He is only on his way back from injury and has still a way to go to get back to where he was.Josh G was superb in both meetings. MOTM tonight for me.Shamek got whalloped this morning but showed true grit in wanting to ride tonight and brought home the points at the death.Milik rode fast when he stayed on. Think he is over riding wanting to impress. Has very good ability.Magic started slowly this morning and wasn't at his best tonight.Wright was excellent this morningSmart had a better day but messed up big style in heat 14 tonight.Neilsen did his job.Swindon 0 Poole 6. Lovely. When Newman and Ward return we are going to be even stronger.Next up a tough fixture awaits next Wednesday at Birmingham. Will we continue our superb start to the season? Watch this space!Happy days!!

deary me your match reports , as said by a fellow Poole fan, are always a good laugh. Love how you make out the Poole track is poor and Swindons isn't! You also state a tricky match at Birmingham lol Lynn just got 60 there so anything less than 55 is a poor show. Just hope that sooner rather than later you accept you are favourites for the league and stop treating each meeting like some sort of drama!

And is it ok using Charles Wright? Didn't see him on the draft list that's all

• Like 1

Why don't you check the BSPA website and have a look if he's eligible to guest?

• Like 2

deary me your match reports , as said by a fellow Poole fan, are always a good laugh. Love how you make out the Poole track is poor and Swindons isn't! You also state a tricky match at Birmingham lol Lynn just got 60 there so anything less than 55 is a poor show. Just hope that sooner rather than later you accept you are favourites for the league and stop treating each meeting like some sort of drama!

I have to agree about the thing about him making every match a drama. Its pathetic and child like. Shov is obviously a very sad individual with nothing going on his life (except for starting new businesses when Poole are losing). The Elite League is utter garbage this year and I genuinely couldnt care less about who wins it out of Poole and KL.

• Like 4

Not a bad night at all,orion bought me a pint,didn`t know wether to drink it or frame it.....I chose option 1. :lol:

As for the speedway,think Swindon are in for a long season,they do look weak at 2,4 and the reserves....

And was I the only one who spoke to Mr Shovlar last night...

Orion bought me pint...I was nearly speechless... :P

• Like 1

I was simply asking the question that is all. if he was then thats fine. jeez so defensive!

Defensive? I'm a Swindon fan you donkey.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 4

Enjoyed the meeting up to heat up to heat 7 then Swindon went downhill. We had one good race after that, heat 11, but Poole either made the gate or learnt the track.

Maybe Rosco needs to get a couple of practice sessions set up at the track for the 2nd string and reserve riders.

Why is it that riders we have used in the past and then not kept or signed up, come back and bite us in the bum.

Josh, best rider of the night, was at Swindon a couple of years ago, and since not kept has improved.

M. B. Jensen, riding for Lakeside, again rode at Swindon, this year is flying where ever he rides.

Well done Poole and I just hope that Rosco can sort things out.

Thought the Elite League racing was top drawer tonight. Pawlicki, Killer, Batch all entertaining. But once again the draft riders races are a rip off. Klindt against 3 NL riders? Milik against Compton? You know the result before the tapes go up. Its not a dig at the NL boys. They are cleary trying their nuts off. But its an absolute farce its called the elite!! 17 quid is not value for money and more and more people are going to realise this as the year goes on.

Im losing interest already this year and for someone who has been going 25 years come rain or shine thats a worrying thing for me. Even during the year of Nicholls as number 1 I was there every week and going to away matches. Im sure im not the only one who is seeing through this fast track bollox either. Bad times ahead unless you are a Poole or KL fan.

Theres a few races for the Heatleaders that look very easy too.

- notably heat 5 & 6 that look very lopsided. Kings Lynn strong top two and rapidly improving reserves seem to come out well with this format! But it's early days and Swindon will no doubt be looking at replacing Klindt with someone on the up. Tungate/ Fricke must surely be an ideal candidates!

Edited by superguest

Klindt was touted as the big next thing a few years ago. Poole were chasing his signature but he chased the money being photographed in a Panthers jacket and Matt said no way. I think he ended up at Wolves but did nothing, and really has always flattered to deceive. In the last couple of seasons his form has dropped faster than Morten Risager and he is now not even a very good second string. Think his place is as second heat leader in the PL. All he managed yesterday morning was the reserves and a fallen Milik and in the evening beat the reserves.

Gustafson isn't much better. Making excuses of steel shoes coming off wouldn't wash with me. Again a rider who has flattered to deceive. Why do you think he was discarded by Eastbourne? Only managed to beat the reserves last night. In the morning he had one decent ride.

• Like 1