British Speedway Forum

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

All these clashes are ridiculous, you can see a situation where play off positions are gained or lost by how many meetings reserves miss.

Certainly going to affect Swindon when they have to get a guest in for Steve as was already shown at Lakeside.

Edited by Crazy robin

All these clashes are ridiculous, you can see a situation where play off positions are gained or lost by how many meetings reserves miss.

It isn't like this is a new thing. We have all moaned about riders missing vital fixtures for many a season now.

Not been as bad as this though.

I agree that the Draft system means there is likely to be a few more clashes because of the amount of leagues some are in. But the doubling up situation has helped cause this problem in the reserve berths for a while now.

Will Worrall actually get to ride in any away fixtures?! Season hasnt started at Blunsdon yet but im already dissolusioned enough not to waste my money going

I agree that the Draft system means there is likely to be a few more clashes because of the amount of leagues some are in. But the doubling up situation has helped cause this problem in the reserve berths for a while now.

Yes but at least teams werent left only with the option of the likes of bloody Williamson to replace riders with!

• 2 weeks later...

SWINDON ROBINS
1. Peter KILDEMAND 8.25
2. Nicolai KLINDT 4.17
3. Troy BATCHELOR C 8.21
4. Simon GUSTAFSSON 5.17
5. Nick MORRIS 5.90
6. Dan GREENWOOD RES
7. Benji COMPTON RES
Team Manager: Alun ROSSITER

POOLE PIRATES
1. Chris HOLDER 9.23
2. Josh GRAJCZONEK 4.48
3. Przemyslaw PAWLICKI 7.15
4. Vaclav MILIK 4.00*
5. Maciej JANOWSKI C 6.95
6. Lee SMART RES
7. Kyle NEWMAN RES
Team Manager: Neil MIDDLEDITCH
SCB Referee: Graham REEVE

Taken from Swindon site

I think Swindon missed a trick not making S Worrall an asset once they got him in the draft. It's going to hit them hard every time Edinburgh ride on the same night, bit of a farce really.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

I think Swindon missed a trick not making S Worrall an asset once they got him in the draft. It's going to hit them hard every time Edinburgh ride on the same night, bit of a farce really.

You may be right and we are certainly going to miss him as he is riding at Edinburgh, too far away for him to ride at Poole in the morning.

Swindon will have two National League riders at reserve whereas Poole have one PL and one NL rider.

Well said. The fact the top league doesnt take priority over the second tier is just more proof to me the whole draft thing is a cost cutting exercise rather than an attempt to bring the kids on.

Newman is going to muller our reserves by half a lap at least. And before the usual Poole muppets come on and say the excuses are starting already thats not the case. This rule protects clubs who have invested in young British riders so got absolutely no problem with Newman riding in every meeting. Its just IMO the Elite should take priority. Worrall is going to miss half our meetings at this rate. The play off places will be decided by who has the least riders missing and thats wrong. This rule will be made to look more and more daft as the season goes on.

• Like 2

Steve would've been mad to have signed for Swindon rather than riding harder races in the Premier League if he would've had the choice.

Fair play to the lad though as he is doing well in all 3 leagues & Swindon will miss him when fixtures clash.

Sorry but is Benji Compton really the best guest we can get?.

That's 10-2 to Poole in the reserves races then.

Both matches are a waste of time unless your a Poole Fan ....two heavy defeats coming Swindon's way . Every year we have raced on the Thursday night before Good Friday and we Have always have had good crowds so why have we changed this one seeing we are going to lose Worrall .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Steve would've been mad to have signed for Swindon rather than riding harder races in the Premier League if he would've had the choice.

Fair play to the lad though as he is doing well in all 3 leagues & Swindon will miss him when fixtures clash.

Sorry but is Benji Compton really the best guest we can get?.

That's 10-2 to Poole in the reserves races then.

CR there are so many meetings on fri that Swindon is not the only club missing riders under this reserve system, but we are going to feel it in the reserve department.

The rest of the team will need to make up for it.

I agree with orion, with Steve missing fri we should have raced at Swindon thurs.

• Like 1

CR there are so many meetings on fri that Swindon is not the only club missing riders under this reserve system, but we are going to feel it in the reserve department.

I agree with orion, with Steve missing fri we should have raced at Swindon thurs.

The point is thou the whole system as been a set up ..not only did Lakeside and Poole get first pick by be able to used there own riders is also means that they won't miss there meetings ..Double Bubble and no doubt well thought out in advance .

• Like 2

Them perhaps Swindon should have invested for the future with some British kids.

What like all the riders who've come through the Poole system!!!

Would've been much better really to have raced at home on Thursday & feel like some might be put off with the flying Benji guesting for Steve.

Both matches are a waste of time unless your a Poole Fan ....two heavy defeats coming Swindon's way . Every year we have raced on the Thursday night before Good Friday and Have always got good crowds so not why we changed this one seeing we are going to lose Worrall .

Have to agree Orion..

A team's reserves for any given meeting are having much too big an effect on results - and Swindon will miss Worall big time Friday..

Poole to win both at a canter..

Them perhaps Swindon should have invested for the future with some British kids.

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

• Like 1