British Speedway Forum

James Wright - Making A Comeback?

Well if he reads this thread I imagine it would be a miracle if he got back on a bike again

What a vile bunch of people. The lad is human after all

One person has been nasty. Pretty much everyone else has jumped to his defence. If this thread is likely to upset him then I'm amazed he's not already headed for the nearest bridge and topped himself as life is far crueller than this thread.

One person has been nasty. Pretty much everyone else has jumped to his defence. If this thread is likely to upset him then I'm amazed he's not already headed for the nearest bridge and topped himself as life is far crueller than this thread.

You've convinced me.

For me, James is he biggest waste of talent I have ever seen. I don't know what went wrong but my God it did. the way he used to pick off the opposition in his Workington days was a sight to behold. I was a semi-regular at Workington in them days and I used to pray he'd miss the start and he often did but he'd often finish a race either nicking a win on the line or all over the guy in front. A real joy to watch.

Even when he rode for Somerset, he was then too.

The problem was as I mentioned a few weeks back on the 'most frustrating rider' thread - he would go from last to first, passing inside and outside against genuine heatleaders. The problem would be the following race when you need him at the end of the meeting to go and secure a race win, he would poddle round at the back behind a National League rider. So frustrating as like you said, he had/has bags of talent.

Last season it did look as if his head had gone . Would do alright in some meetings , then get pitched into heat 15 and would run a bad last . Was capable of some stirring rides , beat the blessed Cookie round the dump , then would get trounced by a reserve in his next race .

The British Final , where he looked desperately out of his depth , seemed to drain whatever confidence he had left and he threw in the towel not long after . To be honest , i dont see clubs queuing up to sign him if he does make a comeback .

Well if he reads this thread I imagine it would be a miracle if he got back on a bike again

What a vile bunch of people. The lad is human after all

What are you on about? Most are honest opinions, you know, the sort of thing people do on forums.

• Like 1

looking forward to seeing wrighty back at workington. but just remember james, the bends are a touch narrower than the last time you rode at worky. thanks to the air fence. have a good safe night and enjoy it. see you there.

• Like 1

looking forward to seeing wrighty back at workington. but just remember james, the bends are a touch narrower than the last time you rode at worky. thanks to the air fence. have a good safe night and enjoy it. see you there.

While riding for Glasgow at Workington last season , he looked as if he'd never seen the place before

Went to Buxton once with mad Wellie Holloway with the Swindon Sprokets he told me this lad Wright is talented.I can remember Malc gated him led him for two laps and James came through the Buxton track i thought was excellent great shape decent racing anyway what ever James does good luck i hope he enjoys it anough to stay in speedway.

• Like 1

When James was on his game he was unbeatable pure and simple. He is a genuinely nice guy and I think that some of the posts put on this thread are

really discrasefull. As one Taylor J has allready said Jesus Christ, the lad is more than likely doing Rusty a favour coming in last minute to cover for Simon Stead.

I think a few folk need to give this lad a break, there is a lack of British talent in this sport as it is and I for one would welcome James Wright back into the sport - Pure and Simple :approve:

• Like 7