British Speedway Forum

Speedway Betting 2014

orion

And aside to the current debate on speedway betting: does anyone recall the Speedway Pools, heavily backed by the Speedway Star? That would have been somewhere around 1956 or 1957. It failed to take a hold with the speedway public at large. From what I recall the Speedway Pools only featured on the Saturday matches - but the memory dims on that some 57 years on.

And aside to the current debate on speedway betting: does anyone recall the Speedway Pools, heavily backed by the Speedway Star? That would have been somewhere around 1956 or 1957. It failed to take a hold with the speedway public at large. From what I recall the Speedway Pools only featured on the Saturday matches - but the memory dims on that some 57 years on.

Vaguely for me too! I do recall two bookies offering speedway bets that were published in that magazine though, and we had to phone them to place our bets. Until online betting came along, of course.

There has been betting on speedway for decades. Take it away, and there would be less people interested in the sport than there are now.

I know, and sadly you may be right - but there can be NO argument against my original statement that it can and probably will lead to further corruption in our Sport.

Where there is Betting - there is corruption - as sure as Night follows Day. :sad: :sad:

So high !

Do you think we should be shorter odds then?

If Kim's fit or Timo comes back i reckon 10/1 a fair price and i'll be wading in

I dont see what makes you better than Leicester or Lakeside ATM

Looking again, Swindons almost as bad! Nick Morris as a heatleader is going to struggle to score much more than 3 or 4, two pretty naf reserves. massive pressure on the top 2 IMO. I've got the league as being a top 4 (Poole, Coventry, BV and Lynn), a bottom 4 (Leicester, Birmingham, Eastbourne, Lakeside) and the middle of Swindon and Wolves

Consensus seems to be eadtborne have a good draw (I.e. meeting teams when those teams are understrength).

They may well do but that'll just get them into the play-offs when they'll lose to the better teams and you'll end up with nothing from the bookies.

Have to agree with that, there are four teams that I can conceivably see as champs ( poole kl bv and coventry) and while realistically I can see any team other than brum leicestet and lakeside as potentially making the play offs, I cant see the champ s being anyone from outside that four (without major team changes).

I know, and sadly you may be right - but there can be NO argument against my original statement that it can and probably will lead to further corruption in our Sport.

Where there is Betting - there is corruption - as sure as Night follows Day. :sad: :sad:

Given how speedway is run, any corruption from betting might actually be cleaning it up!

• Like 1