British Speedway Forum

Riders Who Draw In The Crowds

.......................... and they are??? :blink: :blink:

Personal opinion,but i could only drag myself out of the house to watch King's Lynn,Poole + Swindon from memory of the line-ups and keeping in mind not all were finalised i think

The sad fact is that there are probably only 3 riders in the elite league i would pay to watch. The elites leagues best 2 riders in Woffy and Iversen and then Darcy for the entertainment.

Gone are the days when you could get excited for elite league matches. I remember going to Foxhall watching Tony and Gollob and Ermolenko and Correy or Hancock and Hamill . There would be 5 or 6 races a meeting where you would look forward to the racing. Now each team seems to have an out and out number one (Ward, Zagar, Tai, Iversen, for example) who should walk all over other riders in 99% of matches.

Lets hope the race format means Tai and Ward will meet 4 times. Who wants to see Ward against Wells for example

Ward against Wells has produced some of the best races at Monmore in recent times. I can think of 3 absolute cracking races between those two immediately.

Thanks for that, great news i suppose,does that mean riders in the top five struggling have a season of woe.?

Indeed, or get replaced.

Happened in 1993 when a similar system was used, Wolves had Neil Evitts stuck in main body of the team all year.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Loram and Rickardsson.

I only saw Rickardsson a few times but he was in a class of his own.

Out with all the other obvious World Class riders I liked Per Jonsson.

A rider I paid to see many times was Shane Parker.

Many Sunday afternoon trips along the M8 were to see him at Ashfield.

Will we ever see his like again at Glasgow?

Soren SJosten was a rider i really enjoyed watching,so exciting to watch great balance i only see him once at the great Hyde Rd which was a shame.See him q uite a few times in international and individual events and at the Abbey and at his peak was one of the few riders that could beat a peak Mauger and Collins at Hyde Rd.

• Like 1

PC, Morty, Kelly and Shawn, Kenny Carter, Donkey, Gordon Kennett, DJ, Ivan Mauger, Alan and Andy Grahame, Preben Erikssen, Erik Gundersen, Jan O, Simmo, Phil Collins, Joe and Tom and for tantrums and hard riding Nigel Crabtree at his best (should that be worst?) Wiggy, Kelvin Mullarkey unless he was riding against Long Eaton! Dennis Sigalos.

I only saw Rickardsson a few times but he was in a class of his own.

Out with all the other obvious World Class riders I liked Per Jonsson.

A rider I paid to see many times was Shane Parker.

Many Sunday afternoon trips along the M8 were to see him at Ashfield.

Will we ever see his like again at Glasgow?

Even when he's avoiding a falling rider the Messiah is class!

http://www.gillmanspeedway.com/news/how-did-shane-parker-do-this/

shane parker? you must of been deprived up in Glasgow!

I thought similar when you mentioned John Louis but each to their own. Don't get me wrong,I know Louis was a good rider but there were a few so-called lesser lights I'd have been more disappointed to have missed seeing, Tony Davey for one since we're on Ipswich, loved his style.

I've seen Shane Parker have some fantastic meetings, very rarely fails to give value for money, definitely a crowd-puller.

Good thread by the way. :t:

Soren SJosten was a rider i really enjoyed watching,so exciting to watch great balance i only see him once at the great Hyde Rd which was a shame.See him q uite a few times in international and individual events and at the Abbey and at his peak was one of the few riders that could beat a peak Mauger and Collins at Hyde Rd.

Good call Sidney, Soren was my favourite rider when I first went to Hyde Rd, he looked so small on the bike that until I saw him in the pits I thought he was just a kid a bit older than me, I was about 8 at the time. Great rider and good Belle Vue man.