British Speedway Forum

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

To me, allowing guests to be invited to compete for the ERC is afar greater issue then the actual meeting clashing with the Havvy's Testimonial . I'm sure there will be plenty of top riders wanting track time before jetting off to NZ, to make the testimonial worth while.

Whereas, try explaining to the unwanted riders from the Elite league that their services are not required, because their place is going to someone who is not even riding in our league. Imagine the trophy going to say Nicki Pedersen, and he hasn't ridden here for years....

We want to inspire riders to come here, Not take the rise out of those that do................

I would prefer it to be EL riders only but if they go down this route then I hope the guests will be limited to around 3.

To me, allowing guests to be invited to compete for the ERC is afar greater issue then the actual meeting clashing with the Havvy's Testimonial . I'm sure there will be plenty of top riders wanting track time before jetting off to NZ, to make the testimonial worth while.

Whereas, try explaining to the unwanted riders from the Elite league that their services are not required, because their place is going to someone who is not even riding in our league. Imagine the trophy going to say Nicki Pedersen, and he hasn't ridden here for years....

We want to inspire riders to come here, Not take the rise out of those that do................

But they've got to have some more top riders to justify the admission fee - unless of course they fund a reduction in price plus all the refunds from 2013 from the Sky money?!

• Like 1

So now that info from Poland is mentioning that the meeting originally scheduled for Peterborough is now being held at KL on the week end of 22,23 March, is this also part of the reason for the change of date for this meeting, which now clashes with the one for Havvy at Poole on 21st, or was it just sky wanting to show it on the fri.

Edited by A ORLOV

So now that info from Poland is mentioning that the meeting originally scheduled for Peterborough is now being held at KL on the week end of 22,23 March, is this also part of the reason for the change of date for this meeting, which now clashes with the one for Havvy at Poole on 21st, or was it just sky wanting to show it on the fri.

Who will be guesting for Kings Lynn?

NKI and KB already booked for the Morten Risager testimonial on the 22nd!

Fan power at its very best!! Who say's BSPA don't take notice of social media??!

All the BSPA have to do now is start using it proactively!

Well, its not Rocket science is it. The sooner the powers that be realise that if they work with the clubs promotions and its fans, the better the sport in this country will be..

• Like 1

I hope this new time and date gives viewing figures a boost. Not ideal for fans of both speedway and ice hockey in the city though.

Oh well it won't affect too many people then!!! :D:rofl:

Is there much on in Poland - or involving Polish teams - that day?

Edited by Skidder1

Oh well it won't affect too many people then!!! :D:rofl:

Is there much on in Poland - or involving Polish teams - that day?

What a naff comment You are not showing much thought for the people who work for the Coventry Blaze Ice Hockey team just a case of I,m alright Jack sod anybody else I sincerely hope your put in that position one day :mad::mad:

What a naff comment You are not showing much thought for the people who work for the Coventry Blaze Ice Hockey team just a case of I,m alright Jack sod anybody else I sincerely hope your put in that position one day :mad::mad:

Sorry - I don't play or watch ice hockey!!

Sorry - I don't play or watch ice hockey!!

Apology accepted I was a bit OTT as well due to the fact my youngest son is Events Cordinator at the Blaze and they usually play most home matches on Sundays and like any sporting club they need regular income to stay competitive. Hope you accept my apology as well :lol::lol:

• Like 1