British Speedway Forum

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

I'm not whining about it as you so kindly put it, I'm simply seeking clarification to ensure it's not an error on Sky's part.

I looked on the Sky ticket site when it the initiative was launched and the price was £25. All the prices on the press releases and on here say £25. Now unannounced it's suddenly £12.50.

Personally I hope it is, might be tempted to travel for it now. Certainly wouldn't for £25.

Edited by Speedball

I personally cannot see anything wrong with £25 admission, if we want a professional sport and see the top riders they have to be paid for, and at the end of the day it's less than going to see a normal football league match at say, Villa Park, and you would not say then, well it's on Sky or Match of the Day so I expect a reduction, it would not happen.

If people really cannot afford it, they always have the National League for a tenner, but every now and again, it's nice to have a treat and see the top stars in action, live at the stadium, not stuck in front of the telly eh! We only live once.

Actually it does happen.

There have been many football matches with reduced prices when they are shown live on TV.

Seems as though someone from Sky or the BSPA (Neil Watson?) actually takes notice of some of the comments on here!!

Excellent move by whoever it was - half price (£12.50) entry for all Adults, if paid in advance - a great bit of promotion which they need to shout about!!!!!

• Like 8

So. They want £25 off us. Any chance of knowing the line-up.........

Now only £12.50 if you buy in advance. As to the line-up, riders #1 from the 2014 EL (except the ineligible Jason Doyle - Mads could take his place) then six GP riders who, I imagine, might be:-

Greg Hancock

Chris Holder

Freddie Lindgren

Kenneth Bjerre

Antonio Lindback

and, I trust, Rory Schlein as the defending champion

Now only £12.50 if you buy in advance. As to the line-up, riders #1 from the 2014 EL (except the ineligible Jason Doyle - Mads could take his place) then six GP riders who, I imagine, might be:-

Greg Hancock

Chris Holder

Freddie Lindgren

Kenneth Bjerre

Antonio Lindback

and, I trust, Rory Schlein as the defending champion

Chris Harris, Rory Schlein and Freddie Lindgren are 3 of the wildcards

Maybe they have already sold more than they thought they would on limited offer.

I personally know 15 people including friends & family who have brought tickets this afternoon.

Alot of posts on twitter about people now going as well

Should be a great crowd

Edited by mdmc82

1 Danny King - Birmingham

2 Peter Karlsson - Lakeside

3 Craig Cook - Belle Vue

4 Niels Kristian Iversen - King's Lynn

5 Hans Andersen - Coventry

6 Tai Woffinden - Wolverhampton

7 Rory Schlein - King's Lynn

8 Troy Batchelor - Swindon

9 Matej Zagar - Belle Vue