British Speedway Forum

Speedway Best Pairs

LOL at that press release referring to the old World Pairs Title. THIS IS NOT A WORLD TITLE. It's a made up title. There nothing to stop me promoting a meeting in this country and calling it the best pairs and doing the same.

LOL at that press release referring to the old World Pairs Title. THIS IS NOT A WORLD TITLE. It's a made up title. There nothing to stop me promoting a meeting in this country and calling it the best pairs and doing the same.

The only lol'able here is your troll post. :mad::angry: :angry: You seem to really like to nit pick about everything from

If you don't like get the heck out of here so the rest of us can discuss this hopefully enjoyable series.

• Like 2

The only lol'able here is your troll post. :mad::angry: :angry: You seem to really like to nit pick about everything from

If you don't like get the heck out of here so the rest of us can discuss this hopefully enjoyable series.

I have no problems with the meetings but don't lie about them. Comparing them to past World Pairs Titles is lies and fraudulent - maybe thats acceptable on mainland Europe but it's not in the UK.

Edited by SCB

Anyone got a racecard? Cheers.

I've quickly cobbled a MiniMax racecard set to go online (although just the one version), possibly likely Friday rather than Thursday. Will link to it when available. One trusts that the line-ups are going to be as published ahead of the meeting. Hopefully others will produce their racecards too so that there is a good range of choices.

It looks to have the potential to be an excellent competition with lots of angles. One small example i'm finding it intriguing to see how Martin Smolinski fares mixing with top riders in a competitive meeting ahead of his SGP series debut.

Incidentally with Artem Laguta being listed in the above page from the website is he therefore a direct replacement for Grigory Laguta meaning the latter was destined not to be in the team? or has he simply been moved up the order from reserve and Aleksandr Loktaev has been inserted new? Sorry i've not been keeping in touch that much since the end of last season.

Edited by manchesterpaul

So not content with swiping the Crimea from Ukraine, Russia has also annexed Aleksandr Loktaev as well. (yes I know he was born in Russia)

Does the UN know about this :rofl:

I like Alex but it's a shame one of the upandcoming young Russian Russians was not given a chance.

Who cares it will be an exciting meeting hopefully.

Speedway is a Mickey Mouse sport to the vast majority of the world and nobody would care outside the tiny minority of shale fans whether it is made up or not so why get so heated about it. You will be telling us next that the Elite League is not really Elite. :rofl:

It's speedway and it's on telly and has a good field.

When you are the starving pigeon of the sporting world you should embrace any crumb that lands your way.

• Like 4

I do get the impression from some of the discussions that there are people just hoping this all fails.Wait to see them post if anything negative happens.Not saying that SCB is one,but i think a few are here.Pity that some seem to want speedway to fail.Don't think it unreasonable to compare this series with old World Pairs titles as this is a line-up fit for a world title.Just wait for BSI to start an official pairs title......And rather funny that all the talk of it not being necessary to have a European Championship,what do EUFA go and do?They announce yet another football title to add to the Euro Champs!!!!! :rofl: It is all about money and giving the fans something rather than friendlies.If the fans don't want it they won't go,just like any of the One Sport meetings

Edited by iris123

I do get the impression from some of the discussions that there are people just hoping this all fails.Wait to see them post if anything negative happens.Not saying that SCB is one,but i think a few are here.Pity that some seem to want speedway to fail.Don't think it unreasonable to compare this series with old World Pairs titles as this is a line-up fit for a world title.Just wait for BSI to start an official pairs title......

It's ultimately not helpful for private promoters to be organising unauthorised events that effectively masquerade as world or european championships. I like pairs competitions, but if there's a place for them in the calendar, then they should be properly authorised and monies asked for the rights (to be re-distributed to established speedway bodies).

I'm no fan of BSI as you know, but the rhetoric and propaganda that seems to constantly emanate from OneSport doesn't really convince me they're the saviours of the sport either.

It's ultimately not helpful for private promoters to be organising unauthorised events that effectively masquerade as world or european championships. I like pairs competitions, but if there's a place for them in the calendar, then they should be properly authorised and monies asked for the rights (to be re-distributed to established speedway bodies).

I'm no fan of BSI as you know, but the rhetoric and propaganda that seems to constantly emanate from OneSport doesn't really convince me they're the saviours of the sport either.

Are they claiming they are Wiki?

I just thought they were people who put on speedway meetings for TV. And the event must be authorised by someone as it exists so surely it's a bit unfair to call it unauthorised. And how are these people 'private' promoters I would have thought they are just promoters organising a speedway meeting.

Lots of speedway events masquerade as something they are not is it really worth worrying that much about it.

The EL is not Elite, the PL is not Premier. The world championships rarely have the best riders in the world, the WTC is not a world cup as lots of places are not in it.

I have seen lots of Best pairs meetings that were not remotely that.

It's speedway ............................ :rofl:

• Like 2

And how are these people 'private' promoters I would have thought they are just promoters organising a speedway meeting.

Lots of speedway events masquerade as something they are not is it really worth worrying that much about it.

The EL is not Elite, the PL is not Premier. The world championships rarely have the best riders in the world, the WTC is not a world cup as lots of places are not in it.

The EL is the main competition of the recognised promoting body in Britain, and is the elite competition in this country even if it doesn't have very elite riders.

The OneSport competition is billed as the SEC - Best Pairs Cup which implies it's some sort of authorised European Championship, which it plainly is not. If they just called it the 'International Best Pairs Cup' then it would be less of an issue, although I still think official governing bodies should be wary of competitions organised at this level that resemble world or continental championships.

• Like 1

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW! Direct download from the top of the page.

Friday, 28th, March, 2013. Local Time 7pm, UTC/GMT 6pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2014 Best Pairs Cup, Final 1 of 3, Torun, Poland

Edited by manchesterpaul

I think its going to be great racing tonight, especially if the turbo twins from down under gets going. You have some great individual riders racing tonight but it’s all about team work. On paper the Polish team should be in with a chance as its in Poland but im shocked to see Gollob there and not Hampel. As much as I like Gollob he has gone of form over the last 2 years.

I think its going to be great racing tonight, especially if the turbo twins from down under gets going. You have some great individual riders racing tonight but its all about team work. On paper the Polish team should be in with a chance as its in Poland but im shocked to see Gollob there and not Hampel. As much as I like Gollob he has gone of form over the last 2 years.

All to do with politics. Gollob and meidzinski are torun riders and who runs the competition. Yep the torun owner. So will always use his own riders. Mud I should imagine it's easier to seek the invent with there being torun riders in the event. In fact the top 5 are all in the event.

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW! Direct download from the top of the page.

Friday, 28th, March, 2013. Local Time 7pm, UTC/GMT 6pm

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2014 Best Pairs Cup, Final 1 of 3, Torun, Poland

Thanks my old friend. Good to be back. Is it 6pm UK start? Regards. Alan.