British Speedway Forum

Speedway Best Pairs

Not watched road racing since i was a little kid but if you have around a couple of dozen riders in a race spread out over a circuit not in full sight, why does Jack struggle so badly with a mere four riders over four laps in full view at all times!

What drugs is Jack on? All he has to do is remember four riders and their helmet colours for one minute, and he can't even remember them after first bend, made even Sam "straightaway" Ermolenko sound intelligent. He really was appalling, couldn't tell one rider from another and can't even count to 4. I assume the guy gets paid for this rubbish, get shot of him quick.

He's actualy pretty good at BSB and WSBK (IMO anyway), but is completely useless at speedway. Speeway has to be one of the most straightforward jobs for a motorsport commentator - 4 bikes all wearing different colours and 4 laps - quite why he struggles is beyond me.

Calling races after 3 laps. Getting confused between riders - especially "Nicky Peeeedersen".

It is a little mystifying why he should struggle with simplistic speedway yet be good with far more riders and laps in a road race. To his credit his enjoyment of the sport comes across well and it's far better than exaggerated hysterics from some commentators.

Kept saying it was a sell out 12,000 crowd,which would be excellent if true.Otherwise congrats to all for a great nights entertainment

Thought I heard useless commentators mention attendance of 5,000. Then again wouldn't be the first time they got it wrong.

There were sporadic reports of 12,000 but it was clear to the naked eye that was way too high an estimate. Most later reports settled at between 4,500 and 5,500. I see today that the official attendance has been quoted at 5,100.

Anyways all-in-all to sum up Thank You Eurosport, Landshut and the Riders.

Dave goddard is a good commenter he did the swedish league last year, bring him in, dosent get over the top excited either.

I cant remember when it was but the meeting was at Sheffield and Olly Allen was the pundit, it was on the TV, Im sure and he came across very well and has got a nice clear voice, just a suggesten, I would like to see how other people do it, there must be other riders and tv pundits that would like to have a go, what happened to Dave norris, used to make me laugh.

Iv,e seen and heard Jack about 6 meetings now and there is a different approach and confidence in his commentating with certain riders .With Sam he is more on edge and prone to making c**k ups . Whereas with his other co commentator he is very relaxed and much more on the ball .The other commentator is very good his name Scott Nicholls .Don,t know why this is but if you have chance to see him with Scotty Jack is pretty good .

Thank you. I joined it half-way through on Saturday, staying faithful to the Polish League match. I know I wish for the moon, and am grateful for what I get, but, apart from Denmark, wouldn't it be nice if we got this quality on the streams ? Anyway, looking forward to my Swedish stream tonight/today. :lol: All the best. Alan.

It is a little mystifying why he should struggle with simplistic speedway yet be good with far more riders and laps in a road race. To his credit his enjoyment of the sport comes across well and it's far better than exaggerated hysterics from some commentators.

There were sporadic reports of 12,000 but it was clear to the naked eye that was way too high an estimate. Most later reports settled at between 4,500 and 5,500. I see today that the official attendance has been quoted at 5,100.

Anyways all-in-all to sum up Thank You Eurosport, Landshut and the Riders.

Jack was Ok at the Road Racing ,what he forgets is speedway is short and there are no replays during races as he tells Sam "did you see that". Sam is just useless IMO.

Iv,e seen and heard Jack about 6 meetings now and there is a different approach and confidence in his commentating with certain riders .With Sam he is more on edge and prone to making c**k ups . Whereas with his other co commentator he is very relaxed and much more on the ball .The other commentator is very good his name Scott Nicholls .Don,t know why this is but if you have chance to see him with Scotty Jack is pretty good .

I didn't think Jack had ever co-commentated with Scotty Nicholls?!

It has been confirmed that PK will get the nod for next week's final of Best Pairs.

The Swedish lineup currently looks like this;

1. Andreas Jonsson
2. Peter Karlsson
3. Peter Ljung

Andeas Jonsson is a bit uncertain though due to a crash last night.

http://www1.idrottonline.se/SmedernaSpeedwayforening-MotorcykelochSnoskoter/Nyheter/Nyhetsarkiv/PeterKarlssonklarforSpeedwayBestPairs/

Russia will also use Grigorij Laguta and I think that Kjastas Poudzuks still is in Latvias team?

Then if I were Denmark I would use Kenni Larsen as a reserve over Hans Andersen.

In a best case scenario there could be four Smederna rider participating.

Edited by Ghostwalker

It has been confirmed that PK will get the nod for next week's final of Best Pairs.

The Swedish lineup currently looks like this;

1. Andreas Jonsson

2. Peter Karlsson

3. Peter Ljung

Andeas Jonsson is a bit uncertain though due to a crash last night.

http://www1.idrottonline.se/SmedernaSpeedwayforening-MotorcykelochSnoskoter/Nyheter/Nyhetsarkiv/PeterKarlssonklarforSpeedwayBestPairs/

Russia will also use Grigorij Laguta and I think that Kjastas Poudzuks still is in Latvias team?

Then if I were Denmark I would use Kenni Larsen as a reserve over Hans Andersen.

In a best case scenario there could be four Smederna rider participating.

"Go Smederna" :t: Alan.

Lineups have been cofirmed:

Germany
1. Martin Smolinski
2. Kai Huckenbeck
15. Michael Härtel

Russia
3. Emil Sajfutdinov
4. Grigorij Laguta
16. Artem Laguta

Poland
5. Jaroslaw Hampel
6. Patryk Dudek
17. Maciej Janowski

Sweden
7. Andreas Jonsson
8. Peter Karlsson
18. Peter Ljung

Australia
9. Chris Holder
10. Darcy Ward
19. Davey Watt

Denmark
11. Nicki Pedersen
12. Niels-Kristian Iversen
20. Michael Jepsen Jensen

Latvia
13. Andzejs Lebedevs
14. Kjastas Poudzuks
21. Maksims Bogdanovs

http://www1.idrottonline.se/SmedernaSpeedwayforening-MotorcykelochSnoskoter/Nyheter/Nyhetsarkiv/LaguppstallningarSpeedwayBestPairs23maj/

Lineups have been cofirmed:

Poland

5. Jaroslaw Hampel

6. Patryk Dudek

17. Maciej Janowski

http://www1.idrottonline.se/SmedernaSpeedwayforening-MotorcykelochSnoskoter/Nyheter/Nyhetsarkiv/LaguppstallningarSpeedwayBestPairs23maj/

Sportowefakty on the same date as your source published a different riding order for Poland with Hampel and Janowski as the starting pairing and Dudek the reserve. Hopefully we'll get clarification today rather than on the day of the meeting itself! I've not had a Google around yet, might do one later if nobody comes up with a confirmed Polish line-up.

"Famous stores for SBPC in Eskilstuna. Hampel, Janowski and Dudek in the frame Polish"

"In the statement of the Polish national team saw changes relative to the last round of Speedway Best Pairs Cup . Krzysztof Kasprzak change Maciej Janowski , a reserve on the team white and red will Patryk Dudek ."

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/439517/znane-sklady-na-sbpc-w-eskilstunie-hampel-dudek-i-janowski-w-kadrze-polski

UPDATE: Just had a quick Google found a Swedish article dated more recently that agrees with Sportowefakty, and a One Sport article dated 16th May that agrees with the Swedish source you linked to!

Edited by manchesterpaul

Free race card available from Dropbox https://db.tt/cujRr51n or at the Facebook page Speedway Race Card Generator.

Fully automated scoring and Best Pairs Competition standings updated by each heat, including gate stats. Just enter the heat result and the race card does the rest.

@SpeedwayRCG

Edit for updated rider information.

Edited by Speedway RCG

Weather update, today was very very warm and sunny (around +25-27 °C around 80 °F) tomorrow will be the same with around +22 °C (72 °F) in the evening.

I don't expect very good racing, they will probably water it as much as possible but it will be difficult when it is so warm and sunny. Then the sun doesn't set until 21:38.

So hope for the best but don't expect anything like the meeting from Kumla earlier in this week.

I haven't seen any mentions of how good/bad the ticket sales have gone so far but I would expect maybe 5000-7000 or something like that,

it is very hard to know what to expect. The sunny weather hopefully brings an extra 1000 or so to the attendance.

Some short fatcs about the track;

opened in 2002.

Length is 335, banking in first bend is 8%, banking in second bend is 4%.

Start/finish line is quite early into the straight and gating is usually pretty even.

Capacity: 10'000 is possible, over that will get it very crowded and during the latest 5 years have

been some parking problems due some moron building a large go-cart track all over the that until then was a parking place. :rolleyes:

Attendance record:

league meeting; 8353 Smederna vs. Masarna, July 1st 2003.

play off: Smederna-Kaparna, 2003 final, 8626. Sep. 24th 2003.

Grand Prix: not sure, mayne 10-11'000.

Edited by Ghostwalker

FREE AVAILABLE as of NOW! Direct download from the top of the page.
Friday, 23rd, May, 2013. Local Time 7pm, BST 6pm, UTC/GMT 5pm.

DUAL GRID MiniMax Racecard 2014 Best Pairs Cup, Final 3 of 3, Eskilstuna, Sweden

• Like 2

I read in the newspaper this morning that Nicki Pedersen said that NKI have been rididng for 8 straight days, hat NKI needed a day off or something

like that and that this was the only available day.

In that case MJJ would be moved up and a new reserve would be brought in.

A look at Iversen twitter seems to confirm that he is not riding tonightl.