British Speedway Forum

Speedway Best Pairs

It'll be interesting if Ward races in the next round?! Money or loyalty to his British club contract? Lets see.........!!

It won't come to it. Matt Ford will get the fixture rearranged or postponed on the grounds of it being an unattractive fixture without the star attraction being there. And if he can't, he'll find another way to get away with it.

• Like 2

Eurosport released their viewing figures, and it seems that more than 5 million viewers tuned in to the Speedway Pairs coverage.

Great time NOT to have been taking part isn't it? Still, we're British, we don't need 5,000,000 television viewers to see our riders in action. Who needs a high profile in this country? Who needs their sponsors names getting out there? Who needs the World Champion mixing it with the best of them again? Well according to the BSPA, not us!

• Like 1

It won't come to it. Matt Ford will get the fixture rearranged or postponed on the grounds of it being an unattractive fixture without the star attraction being there. And if he can't, he'll find another way to get away with it.

Nail on head :D

Eurosport released their viewing figures, and it seems that more than 5 million viewers tuned in to the Speedway Pairs coverage.

Great time NOT to have been taking part isn't it? Still, we're British, we don't need 5,000,000 television viewers to see our riders in action. Who needs a high profile in this country? Who needs their sponsors names getting out there? Who needs the World Champion mixing it with the best of them again? Well according to the BSPA, not us!

I get a bit confused by TV ratings so I am sure you can enlighten me.

The report said 5.1m (625000 in Poland) viewers in total but the average was 860000 (218000 in Poland). There is a huge difference in figures between total and average. How is the total calculated to the average. ie does it count people who looked for five minutes only in a three hour programme or is it done differently.

Seems as though One Sport's official mouthpiece are reporting today that they are accepting that Ward will not be at Landshut for round 2, as official British EL/PL fixtures take precedence over their Pairs meeting!! Will also apply to Woodward and possibly Wolbert.

Aussies will still be able to choose from Doyle, Batchelor and/or Watt to partner Holder. Ward to be back for 23rd May!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

The report said 5.1m (625000 in Poland) viewers in total but the average was 860000 (218000 in Poland). There is a huge difference in figures between total and average. How is the total calculated to the average. ie does it count people who looked for five minutes only in a three hour programme or is it done differently.

It was viewed right across Europe and I think the story said something about being syndicated to other countries in the wider world too, so add the Polish viewers, to Danish, German, Swedish and the rest I suppose. It's as good as I can guess at.

Seems as though One Sport's official mouthpiece are reporting today that they are accepting that Ward will not be at Landshut for round 2, as official British EL/PL fixtures take precedence over their Pairs meeting!! Will also apply to Woodward and possibly Wolbert.

Aussies will still be able to choose from Doyle, Batchelor and/or Watt to partner Holder. Ward to be back for 23rd May!!!

As I have posted previously-there is a Polish league match that night May 10th Czestochowa v Wroclaw so Batchelor will be riding for Wroclaw(unless the Polish match is put back 24 hours)

Edited by racers and royals

From speedwayeuro.com

The scope of the transmission in Europe was over 5 million people (5 100 000) from which 625 thousands were in Poland [1].

The tournament, which was the opening of speedway season, was watched average by 860 thousand viewers in Europe and by 218 thousand [2] in Poland.

[1] Based on: Nielsen Audience Measurement / AdvantEdge / the scope: number of viewers who have been watching the programme for at least 1 minute

[2] Based on: Nielsen Audience Measurement / AdvantEdge / audience AMR: the average number of viewers per minute during the transmission

• Like 1

So, the average is a more accurate picture to the viewing numbers. The Best Pairs over ran on it's schedule so half the viewing numbers could have been people tuning in for the next programme for example.

• Like 1

From speedwayeuro.com

The scope of the transmission in Europe was over 5 million people (5 100 000) from which 625 thousands were in Poland [1].

The tournament, which was the opening of speedway season, was watched average by 860 thousand viewers in Europe and by 218 thousand [2] in Poland.

[1] Based on: Nielsen Audience Measurement / AdvantEdge / the scope: number of viewers who have been watching the programme for at least 1 minute

[2] Based on: Nielsen Audience Measurement / AdvantEdge / audience AMR: the average number of viewers per minute during the transmission

Thanks for the info

As I have posted previously-there is a Polish league match that night May 10th Czestochowa v Wroclaw so Batchelor will be riding for Wroclaw(unless the Polish match is put back 24 hours)

Sorry, missed that one R&R. Good to see (Polish) League meetings take precedence!!

Just to confuse/ muddly the waters a bit.......

Ward is currently NOT named in Poole's 1-7 is he? So in theory this fixture would take preference. As for Holder, if he is released to make way for Ward then he will be at the German round too....

It wouldn't take preference at any stage, its not an official international event, plus I am sure Ward has signed a contract.

Edited by BWitcher

It wouldn't take preference at any stage, its not an official international event, plus I am sure Ward has signed a contract.

But if Ward is not listed in a 1-7 he can ride wherever he wants!

Regarding the contract what about the rulebook stating:

16.3.3 A Rider in a Team's declared 1 - 7 at the end of the previous Season and not included in that
Team’s new Season’s initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that
Team without the express permission of the MC.
Or is that another ambiguous rule as "technically" he was in the initial declaration but then dropped?
Just trying to play devils advocate here........

But if Ward is not listed in a 1-7 he can ride wherever he wants!

Regarding the contract what about the rulebook stating:

16.3.3 A Rider in a Team's declared 1 - 7 at the end of the previous Season and not included in that
Team’s new Season’s initial declaration may not be subsequently re-introduced into that
Team without the express permission of the MC.
Or is that another ambiguous rule as "technically" he was in the initial declaration but then dropped?
Just trying to play devils advocate here........

Folk keep quoting this rule and clearly they aren't reading it. It states 'without the express permission of the MC'. Quite clearly 'express permission' was obtained so there is no problem.

Ward will have signed a contract to ride in the EL meetings for Poole. He will be in the Poole 1-7 come the date of that fixture so there is no way round it.

From speedwayeuro.com

So The Pedaler has been Pedalling more rubbish.

Just to confuse/ muddly the waters a bit.......

Ward is currently NOT named in Poole's 1-7 is he? So in theory this fixture would take preference. As for Holder, if he is released to make way for Ward then he will be at the German round too....

released from where? Poole? I thought Holder had decided to skip Poole/England this season and he is not listed as a Poole rider at Poole website.

From speedwayeuro.com

Just occurred that each one that watched the full Smolinski interview count as ten. One viewer is actually two for each answer Smolinski gives... LOL