British Speedway Forum

Biggest Improver 2014

chris mills

Many may scoff but IMO this is one of your more sensible posts!

Certainly more than capable of 4.50 to 5 points which would mean 50 to 67% increase and few will achieve that.

• Like 1

Will Glasgow be his top priority?

Is British speedway any foreign rider's priority ? And we questioned that going by the pile of junk he was riding in some meetings last year . But on the occasions we saw him on good machinary he looked like a rider who could have a bright future , so we can only hope he gives us his full commitment on that score this year .

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

i missed this thread as i was hibernating in January waiting for the season to kick off.It's a really tough one to pick..and no i'm not just naming these two because they ride for Edinburgh.. :P Stevie Worrall and Justin Sedgman have been immense this year.In seasons gone by Justin would maybe have been disheartened by what was a poor scoring match for him at the OTA on friday,but he dusted himself down and looked unstoppable against the Rebels..it's been a real pleasure watching these two riders this season :approve: I'll give honourable mentions to others later..

aye but Kus and Sedgy were wide of the mark..... I still dont rate them like tbf :)

Well I voted for Sedgy and I don't think that was wide of the mark at all.

I dunno what his final figure will be but he started on a sub-5 point average in the reserve berth and despite riding in the difficult number 2 slot behind Cookie (well he actually finished ahead of him a lot of the time!!) he still ended up with over 7 and a quarter. He would have been a heat leader everywhere bar Ippo, Newcy and Somerzet with that average.

And he must have knocked up around 70 bonus points on top which would have taken him up way into the 8 plus averages.

Although the end of season averages are yet to be updated on the BSPA website (last time I looked) the following increases excluding bonus must be in with a shout:

Stevie Worrall 3.00 to 7.54 increase 4.54

Justin Sedgmen 4.99 to 7.27 increase 2.28

Max Fricke 5.80 to 7.96 increase 2.16 (from heat leader position all season)