British Speedway Forum

So Where Now Nick Morris

So where now for young Nick Morris?

Looks like he has been stuffed regarding a Premier League place for next season.

Only two teams that could now offer him a place Sheffield or Peterborough.

Sheffield ride the same night as his Elite League team so that would appear to rule him moving to Sheffield.

Peterborough could fit him in but would leave them incredibly top heavy and it would appear that would be highly unlikely.

Looks like the lad has been stuffed.

So where now for young Nick Morris?

Looks like he has been stuffed regarding a Premier League place for next season.

Only two teams that could now offer him a place Sheffield or Peterborough.

Sheffield ride the same night as his Elite League team so that would appear to rule him moving to Sheffield.

Peterborough could fit him in but would leave them incredibly top heavy and it would appear that would be highly unlikely.

Looks like the lad has been stuffed.

Could it not just be the case that he perhaps was only going to ride Elite in 2014 anyway?

Could it not just be the case that he perhaps was only going to ride Elite in 2014 anyway?

Nick needs to be riding in the Premier lge in 2014 but looked in serious trouble looking at things & can only see Scunthorpe as a potential place.

The new rule about Swindon having first dibs in fixture clashes ain't going to help him either.

Absoloute shambles anyway & how Somerset ever thought they were going to get away with Brady on a 3 point average or the idiot who told that was going to be the case needs to be named & shamed.

If Nick does get a spot at Scunthorpe then Ash is going to struggle for a place & I thought young British riders were going to be helped.

• Like 1

One of the most outrageously stupid comments I've ever seen on here. How was he only going to ride EL when he had signed for Somerset?

To be fair, i was only taking the original comment as my basis. I don't do PL news generally, so didn't realise he was signed up and then shafted due to an issue with averages or something. The original post didn't go into detail did it ?

Anyway, i'm big enough to admit i fooked up there. Carry on with the topic gents..

• Like 1

Who cares about him? He had the chance to ride as a Brit but chose against it, so stuff him. Anyway it'll give him more time to devote to his off-track nocturnal habits.

Total rubbish, try getting your facts right.

He wanted to ride as a Brit but was mucked about by the Speedway authorities so rode for Australia.

• Like 6

Who cares about him? He had the chance to ride as a Brit but chose against it, so stuff him. Anyway it'll give him more time to devote to his off-track nocturnal habits.

Can't blame him for choosing to ride for Australia when you consider what's just happened to him. Shafted by his British club thanks to British speedway being completely unable to understand a fairly straightforward rule. Just confirms once again that British speedway is clearly run by a set of jokers!! Still everything happens for a reason and any club which ends up with Nick should consider themselves very lucky indeed. I for one with him all the best.

• Like 4

with any luck any remaining spaces in the Prem will get filled by British lads

Can't blame him for choosing to ride for Australia when you consider what's just happened to him. Shafted by his British club thanks to British speedway being completely unable to understand a fairly straightforward rule. Just confirms once again that British speedway is clearly run by a set of jokers!! Still everything happens for a reason and any club which ends up with Nick should consider themselves very lucky indeed. I for one with him all the best.

Unlike Australian speedway of course ,which is so well organised that anyone who wants to make a living out of speedway has to look to British speedway to do it , If Morris wants to hold out his begging bowl to Brtiish Speedway then he will just have to put up with what gets dished out , and if he doesn't like it , the answer is simple enough , go back where you came from you wont be missed

• Like 2

Young rider becomes a victim of his club's incompetance , respected poster asks the question about his future , and the thread descends into a venom infested mire . Never fails .

Hope the lad gets fixed up . Pity we cant find a way to include him at Glasgow again . Where ever he finds a spot , whether at the start of the season or if injuries offer an opening , the lucky team will become title certainties . 3 PL title badges in his 3 years over here is an incredible statistic .

Feel for the lad, when you are told that you have place, for only to be told you don't have one, the same goes for Mark Lemon.

It does matter who is responsible who is too blame, when riders are told they have a place there should be a place.for them.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 8

Total rubbish, try getting your facts right.

He wanted to ride as a Brit but was mucked about by the Speedway authorities so rode for Australia.

Spot on. BSPA decided that because of a slight oversight on paperwork his application to do British Rounds of the world championship and ultimately the possibility to ride as a Brit would be rejected.

feeling sorry for nick morris.... nah. not really.. now he can devote more time to his other past time..

Absolutely no place on a speedway forum for half wits like you Jenga. If you know so much about this rider, please share.

• Like 5

So it's Scunthorpe or nowhere seemingly. Scunny have shown in signing Anders Mellgren when he was unsuspectingly dumped by Rye House that they are willing to pick up a rider and change their plans if it will make their 1-7 better. Whether it happens or not is another matter and one that I'm not that bothered by to be honest, personally if it has the knee jerk of putting a British prospect Ash Birks out of work then I'd find it a little unfair. That said Scunthorpe have to do what they can to build the best team possible.

Morris is a good enough rider to hold his own in the EL without a PL slot anyway.

How many meetings has Aussie speedway given him?