British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Dakota is willing to ride in the PL, but only for the right deal.

But what about the no more Australians doubling up thing that's in place now after the whole Ty Proctor Somerset/Wolverhampton/Sheffield business? Wasn't that why the Rory Schlein move was blocked? Or is that all a load of rubbish?

Unfortunately the new Pboro promotion got things wrong from the start when they chose tuesday nights :neutral: and crowds have been poor, lets hope next season we can move back to fridays

I think the race night they're not looking at is Sunday... Having the meeting on a Sunday afternoon would suit me personally down to a T!

Edited by em1500uk

Race night moving from Tuesday to Sunday as this will definitely improve crowds etc

Will it be regular or scattered. If it's fragmented then Sundays will not make much difference apart from occasionally potentially providing a shot in the arm if it's the right team visiting.

Unfortunately the new Pboro promotion got things wrong from the start when they chose tuesday nights :neutral: and crowds have been poor, lets hope next season we can move back to fridays

So how are Fridays going to happen? If Frost couldn't get regular Fridays with his clout then Horton isn't going to get them is he?

So how are Fridays going to happen? If Frost couldn't get regular Fridays with his clout then Horton isn't going to get them is he?

the reason peterborough couldn't run regular friday meetings is because we were in the elite league, which clashed with grand prix weekends.this meant either our team or away teams were missing grand prix riders it's not a case of having regular fridays available

• Like 1

Race night moving from Tuesday to Sunday as this will definitely improve crowds etc

New promoter should steady the ship also

With the injury problems we currently have unless they get the make-up of the team right (and I do not include R/R in that statement) it will make little difference what day of the week they race on.

• Like 3

proctor would be a great signing for panters. but he is injured.. you can have ricky wells though. if riders are getting paid cash from the gate money .it means thhe bank has stopped the account (on hold) that means that panters are in deep trouble. hope its just gossip from the gossip mongers,

Are they in such deep trouble because they are out of breath? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

• Like 3

the reason peterborough couldn't run regular friday meetings is because we were in the elite league, which clashed with grand prix weekends.this meant either our team or away teams were missing grand prix riders it's not a case of having regular fridays available

gpwm

Didn't realise that it was that simple! PL and regular Fridays in 2015 it is then, end of problem. Having said that, why did they choose Tuesday in 2014 saying that that was the only day offered by the EoES which allowed consistency of fixtures.

With the injury problems we currently have unless they get the make-up of the team right (and I do not include R/R in that statement) it will make little difference what day of the week they race on.

Very true

Which will mean nothing if decent replacements are'nt found :cry:

Again very true

The reason we couldn't run regular Friday meetings was the Showground, if they hadn't stopped us I doubt we would have changed race night GP's or not.

The reason we couldn't run regular Friday meetings was the Showground, if they hadn't stopped us I doubt we would have changed race night GP's or not.

What he said, BPWM :D

But based on Friday's not being a problem, I'll take EL Fridays 2015, or whaterever comes out of the 2014 AGM positive message going forward!

Edited by Crump99