British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

I'd vote for Sunday afternoon but get the feeling most wouldn't.

That may upset the Mildenhall lot. Could have an an effect on attendances there

How did you work that out Neil? I made it 7.22 (4.51 + 60%) Edited by Shadders

That may upset the Mildenhall lot. Could have an an effect on attendances there

How did you work that out Neil? I made it 7.22 (4.51 + 60%)

The conversion factor is 'divide by 0.6' not 'multiply by 1.6' - which explains the different figures

17.2.4 Where Riders transfer between Leagues, a conversion is necessary; the factors being:
From EL to PL = divide by 0.6.
From PL to EL = multiply by 0.6.
From PL to NL = divide by 0.6.
All the above are subject to the minimum / maximum converted MA’s being 3.00 / 12.00.
From NL to PL it shall be 3.00.
Edited by NeilWatson

anybody know what ales converted average will be , would be mustard round the showground in the premier ,

I think in Fisher and Ostergard we have all the experience we need, North and youngsters on the way up in the sport is the direction we should be taking.

Drymls had more than enough chances over the years and while he may well do a good job at the Showground his away performances are now dire.

I would rather have Dakota North than any of the Drymls, would not mind having Lewis Blackbird in the side. Also Stefan Nielsen could be a good shout for a reserve berth.

But of course I will be happy to have anyone in the Panthers side because a few days ago it didn't look like we would have a team!

I would rather have Dakota North than any of the Drymls, would not mind having Lewis Blackbird in the side. Also Stefan Nielsen could be a good shout for a reserve berth.

But of course I will be happy to have anyone in the Panthers side because a few days ago it didn't look like we would have a team!

North should already be on the team sheet, I don't know a lot about Blackbird but have seen some of the rumours.

Yeah North should be in a definite, will be disappointed if he is not.

I have seen Blackbird a few times now, and he looks like a rider heading in the right direction.

Nielsen falls off a bit, but certainly gives it his all and is very entertaining to watch and in my opinion is better than James Seargent who is also rumoured to be heading our way.

• Like 1

The conversion factor is 'divide by 0.6' not 'multiply by 1.6' - which explains the different figures

17.2.4 Where Riders transfer between Leagues, a conversion is necessary; the factors being:

From EL to PL = divide by 0.6.

From PL to EL = multiply by 0.6.

From PL to NL = divide by 0.6.

All the above are subject to the minimum / maximum converted MAs being 3.00 / 12.00.

From NL to PL it shall be 3.00.

Ahh, so that's where I've been going wrong all these years!!

sunday afternnon works for some but not others who still do the family sunday lunch get together

me personaly theres something abount speedway under floodlights it just works better than in the bright sumer nights

Agreed , we've had Sunday afternoons at Glasgow for years . While it's nice to sit on the grass and enjoy a beer on a nice summer's day , speedway is always better under lights . Tracks get very dusty during the day which also does nothing for the supporters enjoyment

Ahh, so that's where I've been going wrong all these years!!

How could you not understand that? I showed it to Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA and within 48h hours he came back with an answer. It wasn't the right answer but the rulebook even tested his super intelligence!

Why? there is nothing wrong with the PL

We were quite happy where we were. I'd guess it's how and why we got here and what is the plan for the long-term future which is troubling my colleague.

How could you not understand that? I showed it to Stephen William Hawking CH CBE FRS FRSA and within 48h hours he came back with an answer. It wasn't the right answer but the rulebook even tested his super intelligence!

If the Somerset promotion & management don't understand the rule book how the hell am I?

Peterborough speedway ran sucessfully for 30 years on a Friday night!

Therefore Friday night remains the best night for speedway at the Showground when many people don't have to get up for work the next day and there is no school!

Like others have said, speedway ran successfully for many years on Fridays including times when events were being set up for the weekend. Why it became a problem all of a sudden is crazy, although I suspect new management with different ideas probably had something to do with that!

Premier League speedway on a Friday night with the club being ran properly will in my opinion see the venue become viable again, but running midweek at Peterborough is the main reason why the place has struggled for the last 13 or so years!

• Like 2

Tuesday is an awful night to run - run on Fridays and will be well supported Tuesday nights is one massive gamble

The only problem for Peterborough on a friday is that there are 4 other clubs that ride on that night as well so you would need to ride a quater of your league matches on an alternative race day

• Like 2

Pains me to see Panthers in Premier League even more that it seems many are more than happy for them to stay there.

The alternative would have been NO Speedway at all.

Would that have 'pained' you or are you just one of those Elite League - SNOBS!!? :mad: :mad:

• Like 1