British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Anyway another win for us on Sunday, #believe :t:

Isnt this what Harkness is saying also , thought by the Panthers leaving the EL they would get away from the dodgy decision making of someone who has direct connections to another team in the same league but sadly not

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

I would like to hear the explanation as well,

What I meant was you cant seriously believe that Harkess would get away with stopping the move just because we are there this weekend, be serious.

I know our Tigger friends from the west like to call him the dark lord, don't you start believing their Banter, oh the banter ;)

Also is it not about time your own club "broke" the story, rather than leaving it to the local rag.

Sadly, without a plausible reason being given (by the MC, officially), people will draw their own conclusions and, with his title-chasing Monarchs being first in the firing line for Roo-Boy (and a small matter of a Cup Final in the near future) it's very easy to put two and two together.

Within rules, promotions should be able to put together whatever team they like without interference from interested parties. Given the fact the particular interested party has two very good reasons for wishing to keep Panthers' strength down is it surprising such conclusions will be reached?

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 6

Come uppance for cancelling the original fixture without notice on H & S grounds but without any proper explanation.

If they had told the real reason that a member of Panthers staff had swore at a BMF bigwig, and upset tham, then we might not be in this scenario

Sad some take the view that it is divine retribution for the cancelled fixture. Peterborough management get many things wrong and a lot of their problems they bring on themselves. However this fixture is not about winning or losing but the crowd levels acheived for an experimental change of race day, which if it does not come off could threaten the very existence of Peterborough Speedway.

So lets have a good crowd and if some think Peterborough losing is a just reward for the past that is between them and their conscience.

• Like 1

Should these changes, including Schlein, fit, then I don't see any reason why Peterborough should be able to re-declare.

wasnt Greenwood in a previous declaration?

Reintroduction not allowed without MC permission.

Nonsense, Never an issue in the past and Greenwood was injured.

didnt say it was right just that its the likely reason

Since when? No such rule and AFAIK never has been a rule. Certainly not in my 10 years of taking an interest in the rules anyway.

Not sure that's correct but if it is, the man was injured. What encouragement is that for a team to replace a medium-term injury if they then can't re-declare when the injury clears up? Much better to run with guests then.

Since when? No such rule and AFAIK never has been a rule. Certainly not in my 10 years of taking an interest in the rules anyway.

havent got a copy of the regs to hand to check but from somewhere in a dark corner of my mind I recall something along those lines. Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

havent got a copy of the regs to hand to check but from somewhere in a dark corner of my mind I recall something along those lines.

Are you confusing this case with a club bringing in a rider who finished a season riding for them but was not included in their initial declaration the following year?

I believe that needs MC approval.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

I would like to hear the explanation as well,

What I meant was you cant seriously believe that Harkess would get away with stopping the move just because we are there this weekend, be serious.

I know our Tigger friends from the west like to call him the dark lord, don't you start believing their Banter, oh the banter ;)

Also is it not about time your own club "broke" the story, rather than leaving it to the local rag.

I am not sure but I believe that the bloke who does Panthers website also does the BSPA one, they often look alike. Also I think they, the BSPA, vet any releases.Anybody know for sure.