British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Tuesday would be a hugely unpopular race night with all the sides that have riders that race in the Swedish League

Isn't it only Swedens top division Tuesday? Their 2nd division is Thursday, which would be the only other realistic night for Panthers. I would think Tuesday would have less impact and would offer more regular nights.

I'd love to see Nick Morris get a place some where so how about.

I know it's a bit top heavy but,

1. Ryan Fisher 9.52-Big point scorer, loads of experience and a good team captain

2. Kasper Lykke 4.04 or Jake Anderson 3.97-Not the most ideal situation but both have decent potential and if they want to step up here is their opportunity

3. Lasse Bjerre 7.44-Huge potential, big point scorer and club asset i think.

4. Ulrich Ostergaard 6.52-Can be a big point scorer and is a club asset i think. (bargain average IMO)

5. Nick Morris 8.84-One of the PL best riders, huge potential and a big point scorer

6. Oliver Greenwood 3.00? Another NL 3.00?-Could be a lucky time for a young NL rider, Greenwood seems like a great signing on a 3.

7. Robert Lambert 3.00 Another NL 3.00?-I know that R.Lambert is extremely unlikely but another 3.00 would fit in place

Other possible 3.00 riders (Max Clegg, Matt Williamson, Jake Knight, Josh Bates or James Sargent)

IF Morris signs for Scunthorpe...... would leaves Birks available....

Fisher, Blackbird, Ostergaard, Birks, Bjerre, Branford and Jacobs would bring us a shade under the limit. Would be very happy with that.

Morris doesn't fit in scunthorpes team anymore

IF Morris signs for Scunthorpe...... would leaves Birks available....

Fisher, Blackbird, Ostergaard, Birks, Bjerre, Branford and Jacobs would bring us a shade under the limit. Would be very happy with that.

I know lamberts not likely to be in the line up but he'd be crazy not to double up (if the rules allow) he'll get a high elite average so probably won't get the opportunity again to d-up

I know lamberts not likely to be in the line up but he'd be crazy not to double up (if the rules allow) he'll get a high elite average so probably won't get the opportunity again to d-up

IMO it would help Kings Lynn greatly to have RL Doubling-up with the panthers, as it would give him extra meetings to gain more experience and money.

Obviously it boils down to a) if Robert/KL wants to and B) if it is feasible due to his schooling, German commitments etc.

Under the 2013 rules, Robert Lambert wouldn't be eligible to double-up:

17.7.1 An initial declaration can include only 2 Riders graded as “A” on the Listing approved
at the EL AGM. In an initial or re-declaration up to 3 Doubling-Up Riders may be
included who must at the time of (re)declaration: a) be in a Premier League’s currently
Declared 1 – 7, b.) have a PL MA established prior to the start of the season and c) give
absolute priority to all British Speedway fixtures.
Edited by NeilWatson

Very excited having the Panthers in the PL (especially as it looked as if speedway might be lost).

Great city, and a track to rival Shielfield.

I shall endeavour to take a trip down!

I can thoroughly recommend a visit, I went to last years 4TT meeting and was very impressed.I will be making every effort to try to make the Berwick meeting especially if its on a mini-tour.

Isn't it only Swedens top division Tuesday? Their 2nd division is Thursday, which would be the only other realistic night for Panthers. I would think Tuesday would have less impact and would offer more regular nights.

No Swedish Rockets in the side, so Tuesday would be fine for us

I can thoroughly recommend a visit, I went to last years 4TT meeting and was very impressed.I will be making every effort to try to make the Berwick meeting especially if its on a mini-tour.

Difficulty who rides on a Monday or a Wednesday in the PL to make it viable.

GREAT to see the 'Panthers' back in the Premier League next Season. I've been there a few times and it would have been incredibly sad to lose a great Racetrack like Peterborough's. :t::approve:

Welcome to the Premier League - BEST place to be!!! :t::approve: :approve:

• Like 3

Henning bager 5.30

That hansfan's non attendance confirmed :D

Race-day is dictated by Showground availability, and end-of-week days are always going to be awkward.

Didn't used to be the case though.We used to run perfectly well at the end of the week during other events. Never understood why it suddenly became a problem?

Edited by Crump99

Crump99.........Didn't used to be the case though.We used to run perfectly well at the end of the week during other events. Never understood why it suddenly became a problem?

Yes, the scouts convention (or whatever it was called) was very interesting with thousands of horrible little lads running all over the place. :D

Edited to put the quote in as the page has turned over.

Edited by Gemini

Yes, the scouts convention (or whatever it was called) was very interesting with thousands of horrible little lads running all over the place. :D

Edited to put the quote in as the page has turned over.

The Bible bashers was the best when the preacher on their mic somehow came out of the stadium PA for the speedway faithful, don't think that we were losing and needed a prayer :D

• Like 1