British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

No - sadly they don't deem it necessary to keep information like that.

BIG mistake.

Panthers have done surveys though 2007 & 2008 - They also have season ticket details 2007 & 2010 although I'd imagine the Bratters held most of the data so it's probably in long thin strips now. Probably we could have a new survey now to see what works and what doesn't and how popular the national anthem really is (although with the right questions you can get any survey answer)?

The 2014 season ticket renewal did ask those not renewing to say why (optional of course) so they perhaps have some data. That would have been based on the last few months of 2013, the winter goings on and what people thought they might get in 2014, but now they know the reality then perhaps it needs a bit more work?

Edited by Crump99

The health and safety shenanigans is the sun issues we're having occasionally at the moment on the third bend, riders had to wait about twenty minutes on Tuesday as they couldn't ride no big deal. And as for changing race nights ONE person came on here moaning about Tuesdays to be honest crowd figures to me look better than they did when we were riding at Elite league so it must be suiting quite a few people!!!

The health and safety shenanigans is the sun issues we're having occasionally at the moment on the third bend, riders had to wait about twenty minutes on Tuesday as they couldn't ride no big deal. And as for changing race nights ONE person came on here moaning about Tuesdays to be honest crowd figures to me look better than they did when we were riding at Elite league so it must be suiting quite a few people!!!

lots of people can't make tuesday nights i live in lincoln and know 6 people that don't go because of it, how can you take children midweek when they have school the next day?

And as for changing race nights ONE person came on here moaning about Tuesdays to be honest crowd figures to me look better than they did when we were riding at Elite league so it must be suiting quite a few people!!!

I'd imagine that many of those unhappy no longer go or contribute to the forums? Have you actually read Horton's piece? It doesn't suit enough. The hardcore few hundred will always turn up. I'm not sure that Tuesday is the real issue but it is a nothing night at the wrong end of the week but done with a purpose so worth a try. However, the overall package at the EoES therefore has to be good enough to make us want to turn out and encourage friends, family and work colleagues to attend as they would like. I'm struggling myself to turn out so the second part has no chance at the moment.

I'd imagine that many of those unhappy no longer go or contribute to the forums? Have you actually read Horton's piece? It doesn't suit enough. The hardcore few hundred will always turn up. I'm not sure that Tuesday is the real issue but it is a nothing night at the wrong end of the week but done with a purpose so worth a try. However, the overall package at the EoES therefore has to be good enough to make us want to turn out and encourage friends, family and work colleagues to attend as they would like. I'm struggling myself to turn out so the second part has no chance at the moment.

Tuesdays is not the real issue . At Glasgow we dont get anymore than 500 through the turnstiles these days and we race on a Sunday afternoon . It's the sport as a whole , in this country , which seems to be dying on it's feet and nobody has a clue how to halt the decline .

• Like 1

lots of people can't make tuesday nights i live in lincoln and know 6 people that don't go because of it, how can you take children midweek when they have school the next day?

Another thing pointed out by Bratters a few years ago. Although not relating to season tickets, your point is fans outside of this big city have a significant effect on attendances. The focus has to be on getting locals to attend.

Two things however, will always stick in my mind about whether Peterborough as a city will support Speedway in the 21st Century. 1) It has always concerned me that an inordinately high percentage of season ticket holders never had a Peterborough post code, this frankly, is shocking. 2) I will never forget that the 2006 Grand Final, arguably the greatest modern day meeting ever, watched live by over 6000 people and by thousands more at home, was followed by a Craven Shield fixture attended by less than 700 people. If that Grand Final won’t pull people in, then what will?!?!

When you go on the back straight and look at the grandstand you can see how sparse the crowd has been, I would guess not even a quarter full. I do think the Tuesday race night has had an effect, but got to agree the overall package is lacking something. The racing has been very good, so that is not the problem, perhaps a bit of elite league snobbery could be a part of the problem though.

Fridays or Sundays would always mean us staying at Premier League. If we moved up to Elite League we'd be permanantly missing riders riding out in Poland on Sundays where they earn a great deal more or Riding in GP's that's not to say premier league riders don't ride in Poland as well.

You guys are blessed with a brilliant racing track. Every time I have visited the EOES there has been top class racing. If Peterborough wasn't so far away from where I live I would definitely be there more often.

• Like 1

tuesday nights are the problem, the travelling fans that don't live in peterborough struggle to make it IMO

Tuesdays is a nightmare if you have kids , it was near 10.30 when I got home Tuesday way to late if you have kids ....they wont be going this week nor will there mother

• Like 1

perhaps a bit of elite league snobbery could be a part of the problem though.

You'd have to be a Panthers fan of 15 years plus to know anything else though so it shouldn't be a surprise that that's what many fans want. They've probably never experienced lower level speedway and don't want to? That was part of the Tuesday gamble? I've seen it all at the EoES but know which I prefer although as you pointed out, it's the overall package that isn't right.

When you go on the back straight and look at the grandstand you can see how sparse the crowd has been, I would guess not even a quarter full. I do think the Tuesday race night has had an effect, but got to agree the overall package is lacking something. The racing has been very good, so that is not the problem, perhaps a bit of elite league snobbery could be a part of the problem though.

Of THAT - I have no doubt. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Edited by The White Knight

tuesday nights are the problem, the travelling fans that don't live in peterborough struggle to make it IMO

i,m a Kings Lynn fan and was a regular at the Showground till this season so far I've been once Good Friday and doubt I shall make another meeting this season - reasons I've not gone drop to PL is one Tuesday nights is the other plus Swedish League live on TV is another reason . Pboro needed to race Fridays in the PL in my opinion and I'd be there to watch .
  • Like 1

i,m a Kings Lynn fan and was a regular at the Showground till this season so far I've been once Good Friday and doubt I shall make another meeting this season - reasons I've not gone drop to PL is one Tuesday nights is the other plus Swedish League live on TV is another reason . Pboro needed to race Fridays in the PL in my opinion and I'd be there to watch .

So one of the reasons you don't go is the drop to PL and you would prefer to watch better quality Swedish League and then our assets on a Wednesday whilst getting your EoES fix by foisting PL on the locals on a Friday. If we could get regular Fridays, coupled with the organisation we had towards the end of last season then I doubt that we'd be having this discussion.