British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Ryan Fisher and Joe Jacobs for me are pushing the limits now. Fisher has been majorly disappointing in about 75% of the meetings now, lacking the pace, yes he is having personal reasons but as a club, its to no concern for us, we need a number 1 that we can rely on, he was unlucky in his last ride last night, but he didn't look quick all night anyway.

Jacobs, he has been around now for 3-4 seasons, and has he progressed? He is hardly pulling trees up in the elite league either, lacks speed, and the passing ability, he makes the occasional pass, but seems to struggle for the outside passes. Question is though.... who the hell do you replace him with?

I'm not going to EOES anymore; saving up and will travel to Brandon occasionally to see MJJ. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: .

Edited for accuracy. B)

Thank heavens for that.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 3

Looks like the day is going to get better and better :cheers::party::cheers:

Thought you'd retired Tel! Are you still going? If so, what's the verdict thus far? Pretty bad if your biting with KKS :D

Thought you'd retired Tel! Are you still going? If so, what's the verdict thus far? Pretty bad if your biting with KKS :D

Hi Trev

Retired from work - not speedway.

Up till next Tuesday won't have missed a match. Conveniently rained or had health and safety issues at the Showground when we did go on holiday. Unfortunately that record will be broken as Elaine has got to have another operation on her foot next Tuesday.

Don't you listen to Edwin during matches - announced Alex's 10th Birthday this Tuesday.

What do I think so far - far better than the Elite league - enjoy the meetings - better team racing - far more variation in opposing riders and a lot more unpredictability.

Downside some of the refs - shame can't have a different set for Premier League.

For the first time in years really looking forward to going away - seems a far broader selection of better away tracks in the Premier league. The only thing getting in the way of our away travels is the away fixture list - far too many clashes with pre arranged events or limited travelling times. Would have gone to Plymouth - but even with Elaine's driving - could not get from Northampton to Plymouth in 3 hours.

Season tickets certainly been value for money so far.

Got to do the University visits with Ryan this year (yes he’s 18!!) so trying to persuade him to consider Universities near speedway tracks – not being very successful – Only Sheffield and Manchester do the course he wants – and I’m not going back to Belle Vue (wrong league, awful track, and my navigation system threw a fit when I shouted at her (allegedly) last time we went. Threw an unreasonable strop and vowed never to go to Belle Vue again).

I take it you are still sitting in the cheap seats!!

Not biting in respect of KKS – Celebrating – KKS and Coventry – both deserve each other !!

Al the best

Tel

Edited by TAST

I take it you are still sitting in the cheap seats!!

At the moment I am Tel (Well I'm actually standing until they've played the presentation masterpiece, then I sit!) but not quite as positive as your goodself, must be work stress. If I didn't know you we'd be having a discussion about some of those points. My only away trip (Panthers at Poole) has bitten the dust now :)

As for Edwin, the only time I listen is when I'm straining to hear who is in the race over bikes already sitting at the tapes :D

Elaine hasn't got an ingrowing toe nail has she? I have this picture of you visiting her in hospital Basil Fawlty style! And get that moose's head up!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

That isn't KKS, HRF, JJR, etc. is it?

The age seems about right.

Would that be me or Alex you are referring to?

Me? Too old been going to speedway since 1979 - many careers and a few teams ago. Plus I have no need to hide behind multiple handles to say what I want to say. [before anyone accuses me of having a handle TAST is my initials and first 2 characters of my surname - it was allocated to me by my last employer as an e-mail address 25 years ago.]

Alex - she is far too sensible and switched on!, for a 10 year old her punctuation, spelling grammar and geographical knowledge - (e.g. she knows where Plymouth is as she has been to the city many times) are very good.

And I'm told that she likes the team but none of them can hold a candle to One Direction and some guy called Nial!

Tel :D

Would that be me or Alex you are referring to?

Me? Too old been going to speedway since 1979 - many careers and a few teams ago. Plus I have no need to hide behind multiple handles to say what I want to say. [before anyone accuses me of having a handle TAST is my initials and first 2 characters of my surname - it was allocated to me by my last employer as an e-mail address 25 years ago.]

Alex - she is far too sensible and switched on!, for a 10 year old her punctuation, spelling grammar and geographical knowledge - (e.g. she knows where Plymouth is as she has been to the city many times) are very good.

And I'm told that she likes the team but none of them can hold a candle to One Direction and some guy called Nial!

Tel :D

Hi Tel

Know - I meant the 10 year old. :t::rofl:

She sounds far too sensible to be KKS etc. Perhaps I misjudged his age, could be 6 or 7. ;):P

from the ET

"Panthers are understood to be closing in on a new reserve recruit with broken collarbone victim Ollie Greenwood expected to be out for another three weeks."

any ideas? Wishes?

Tom Perry ?