British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Easy to say that now as the season has started but when they dumped him he hadn't turned a wheel in anger

Wouldn't be surprised if RF didn't return to the fold he's still got interests within the sport and no doubt still holds the registrations of many of the assets

Ops mentioned the word assets Swindon fans will be listening in and raking up old arguments

Would Frost have had to pass his assets over to the BSPA or with Julie Mahoney still a promoter, would Readypower keep them. After all he did actually spend a hell of a lot of money to buy the likes of Batchelor etc. How and when do assets go to the BSPA. Can't understand how this sometimes happens. Perhaps someone can enlighten me

Would Frost have had to pass his assets over to the BSPA or with Julie Mahoney still a promoter, would Readypower keep them. After all he did actually spend a hell of a lot of money to buy the likes of Batchelor etc. How and when do assets go to the BSPA. Can't understand how this sometimes happens. Perhaps someone can enlighten me

Mick Horton now owns the assets I assume.

Cant see Horton forking out for riders hes clearly never going to get the chance to use in the PL were he wants the Panthers to be and when he bought the club last time Jarvis & Wing sold off all the assets at the time the likes of Howe , Stead & Allen .

Cant see Rick Frost just giving his assets up without a fight or someone buying them wonder who Worky paid the money to for Bach

Agree with above sentiments .Might as well whistle in the wind though. I stll think Panthers demotion to Premier League was all pre planned.

I think that it was plan B just in case plan A went pear shaped which it did (Don't think that Rick ever had a plan b in 5 years up to that point).

Edited by Crump99

I'd say Peterborough Panthers still have the assets, which is why Ms Mahoney came aboard as co-promoter.

Certainly, some EL promoters were rubbing their hands at the prospect of freebie riders when Rick stood down although that may not have been the case anyway since we don't know the terms of the deal Mick Horton has. But on hearing an existing co-promoter was staying on those hands stopped rubbing.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So panthers now have a few points to play with. Do we go for changes and if so who.

Poss a reserve out and henry in after the way we rode when visiting, or maybe ales out and another big hitter droppong down like danny. Over tou you

So panthers now have a few points to play with. Do we go for changes and if so who.

Poss a reserve out and henry in after the way we rode when visiting, or maybe ales out and another big hitter droppong down like danny. Over tou you

Wouldn't quite say you guys needed a change at the moment. Ales has been scoring fairly well for his average IMO and the reserves have both improved well enough in the first few meetings.

You would probably be better off saving those spare points for, touchwood, any injuries that may occur. I think Christian will end up at Glasgow anyway if the numbers work.

I think you will find that you only have 0.23 to play with because if you add up the averages they seem to have missed adding Joe Jacobs average to the total.

We don't do changes, not that any are necessary. Everyone doing their job and no disasters apart from the National Anthem.

We don't do changes, not that any are necessary. Everyone doing their job and no disasters apart from the National Anthem.

It's becoming very annoying, would love to know whose idea that was... :neutral:

It's becoming very annoying, would love to know whose idea that was... :neutral:

Why?

Are you not proud to stand for your National Anthem at the end of a Meeting?

I'm not really a big Royalist - but - I am proud to be BRITISH.

Wouldn't quite say you guys needed a change at the moment. Ales has been scoring fairly well for his average IMO and the reserves have both improved well enough in the first few meetings.

You would probably be better off saving those spare points for, touchwood, any injuries that may occur. I think Christian will end up at Glasgow anyway if the numbers work.

Heres hoping as the numbers have worked to a tee.

I thought I read that he was returning to Australia.

Why?

I'm not really a big Royalist - but - I am proud to be BRITISH.

A. I'm a republican B. I don't believe in god ... The song does nothing for me WK, about time they came up with a new one imo.. Maybe i would stand at an international event, but not every sodding week, it takes me half an hour to get out of my seat.. ;)

• Like 3

A. I'm a republican B. I don't believe in god ... The song does nothing for me WK, about time they came up with a new one imo.. Maybe i would stand at an international event, but not every sodding week, it takes me half an hour to get out of my seat.. ;)

I understand - I shouldn't have asked. Sorry.

I agree with the second highlighted bit - how about something stirring like 'Land of Hope and Glory' or 'Rule Britannia' - preferably the second one for me.

• Like 1

I understand - I shouldn't have asked. Sorry.

I agree with the second highlighted bit - how about something stirring like 'Land of Hope and Glory' or 'Rule Britannia' - preferably the second one for me.

How about nothing? Always seemed to work fine before. I'm proud to be British and I don't need a tune to remind me!

"It has been re-introduced because as a management team we think it's the right thing to do!" - colpanthers.proboards

Why?

Wouldn't be so bad if it was at the end of the meeting - we could leg it if we were quick enough.

But the damn dirge is at the beginning of it - just after we have sat down!