British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Better not be Monberg

How about Jesper B Jensen? :t:

FISHER’S FAMILY HEARTACHE

PETERBOROUGH star Ryan Fisher has turned to his local MP in a bid to be reunited with his young family.

The American racer has spoken of his emotional turmoil at being more than 5,000 miles away from wife Daelyn and children Abby Jo (7) and Harley (5) due to visa problems.

They have been left stranded in their native California after returning for a Christmas holiday even though they have their own business - a Mexican food restaurant called Taco Mini Hut in Tamworth.

Now Fisher has enlisted the help of the town’s MP Christopher Pincher in a bid to bring a saga that has dragged on for months and cost him around £10,000 to a happy end.

Fisher admitted: “Not having my family here is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through.

“It all goes back to the change of ownership of Coventry Speedway last year which automatically cancelled our visas.

“I went to take care of it and my own visa got sorted, but it turns out those for my wife and kids didn’t.

"They were technically here for six months illegally even though we didn’t have any knowledge of it.

“There is now a 12-month ban for over-staying so they cannot apply again until next January. I understand they want to tighten the borders up, but this makes no sense.

“We have a business here, we employ six British citizens and pay all our tax and national insurance. We always do everything the right way, but my family are not currently allowed back in to the country to do it.

“Family is the most important thing in my life and I don’t know how much more time I can go without seeing them. The kids don’t understand what is going on because their lives are over here.

“I’m pushing every day to get it resolved and my local MP is doing everything he can to help our situation.

“Right now we are stacked out financially after throwing ten grand at the problem. The MP is our last hope. If anyone can have a bit of pull, it will be him.

“I wanted to be a speedway rider from the age of seven and the sport has always been my life but you get to a point when you are being held back for something you didn’t even realise you had done.”

Despite that emotional strain, Fisher has performed well on the track.

He has racked up a dozen points in all three of Panthers’ competitive meetings that he has ridden in so far in 2014.

Fisher added: “In the past my head has always dropped after a bad meeting and I’ve allowed myself to get angry.

“I’m not letting that happen this year and things are going pretty well for me. I just try to concentrate on doing my best on the track and having fun while I do it.”

Fisher lines up for Panthers in the first part of their Good Friday double-header against Ipswich.

The American ace makes the trip to Foxhall for the afternoon showdown but is then required by Elite League side, Coventry, later in the day.

Panthers have booked Rene Bach to guest for him at the Showground.

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2084.2

2 years ago, We had Michael Jepsen Jensen at reserve for Good Friday.

Now we have Ales Dryml as a heat-leader.

Saddens me to see how far we have fallen, It's similar to Leeds United.

I'm off to get drunk to try and forget this happening.

Don't you know drinking on an empty head can be dangerous.

• Like 3

Hopefully you'll forget your password to this forum and we won't get you're constant drivel. You name Monberg in your new lineup and then later say better not be Monberg!!! And by the way under age drinking is against the law.

• Like 1

What are you saying that Rick is speedway's equivalent of Ken Bates?

I think that everyone is missing the point with the drinking, it's not the age that's the problem it's alcohol & the schizophrenia medication that's the worry.

• 2 weeks later...

Get rid of Fisher, clearly doesn't care about the Panthers.

Can ride for Coventry but can't be bothered with the Panthers

Jonasson, Hansen and Sundstrom would all jump at the chance.

Jonasson won't............he rides in Sweden on a Tuesday..........as do the others probably...............

May be when you start talking sense people will listen to what you have to say.........but then as you are apparently confused about your persona I doubt that will ever happen............

RP

Get rid of Fisher, clearly doesn't care about the Panthers.

Can ride for Coventry but can't be bothered with the Panthers

Jonasson, Hansen and Sundstrom would all jump at the chance.

We KNOW who you are. :t::unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Havnt seen anywhere that Fisher is giving any indication he may leave but if he did would Ty Proctor fit he wanted PL until Somerset dumped him

..........................................................in a somewhat disgraceful manner. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 2

Yup!

Drop the anthem, sign up Fletcher, Sullivan & the Crew again, sell or long term loan Bjerre to 6 fingers and return to the Elite League - which rules out North anyway! - how's them for changes? But in the short term, no!

Agree with above sentiments .Might as well whistle in the wind though. I stll think Panthers demotion to Premier League was all pre planned.

And given Ty Proctor's form this season, I would say justified too.

Easy to say that now as the season has started but when they dumped him he hadn't turned a wheel in anger

Agree with above sentiments .Might as well whistle in the wind though. I stll think Panthers demotion to Premier League was all pre planned.

Wouldn't be surprised if RF didn't return to the fold he's still got interests within the sport and no doubt still holds the registrations of many of the assets

Ops mentioned the word assets Swindon fans will be listening in and raking up old arguments

• Like 1