British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Indeed I bet you remember 21st June 1999, 4th June 2001, 19th June 2006 and 23rd June 2007 with fond memories as well

I remember a cracking meeting in 1996 when Wolves came to the EoES, P'boro tore into them early doors but Wolves fought back well and Mikael Karlsson (Max) ended up beating Sullivan in a run off for the bonus point when it really should have been Crump nominated. That was the night Crump won all his races apart from one where he was excluded for falling when trying to split M Karlsson and George Stancl. He walked back to the pits in a huff and removed Stancl's cut out when many thought he may lamp him one :D

• Like 1

It was the first meeting of the season so more detailed introductions seem appropriate.

Didn't notice that it was any longer than what he normally does. So unless I missed something then I'd expect the same, preferably with helmets off so that the dog can see the rabbit, or ostrich this year (although he wasn't guilty on Tuesday I seem to recall).

It was the first meeting of the season so more detailed introductions seem appropriate.

He didn't give much information when we were waiting 45 minutes for the air fence to be repaired,but then, he was only one of around twenty people milling around doing nothing. Oh!for somebody like Mike Bennett or Kevin Long, who really interact with the crowd. Craig Saul just isn't capable of doing the same, and IMO he can only read off his notes. Nothing is spontaneous. He gabbles so quickly you can't understand him, and he should be replaced by one of the other two. Even Peter York is better!!

He didn't give much information when we were waiting 45 minutes for the air fence to be repaired,but then, he was only one of around twenty people milling around doing nothing. Oh!for somebody like Mike Bennett or Kevin Long, who really interact with the crowd. Craig Saul just isn't capable of doing the same, and IMO he can only read off his notes. Nothing is spontaneous. He gabbles so quickly you can't understand him, and he should be replaced by one of the other two. Even Peter York is better!!

Some good points there but you somewhat lost credibilty when you mentioned Peter York. You obviously missed his last embarrassing appearance at the Showground. Unfortunately we seem to have lost Darren Fletcher who knocks spots off our current team or anyone you suggest. Saul doesn't do too much wrong but could get involved more and focus less on the irrelevant perhaps? Having said that, I wouldn't want to do it so what do I know! The air fence was a good example though. Neil said: "The airfence was very badly damaged - four panels destroyed." - did anyone hear that over the PA? If we'd have been told that (which I didn't hear?), and that we'll take a 20 minute break to fix it then customers would at least know where they stand, even if not happy about it, but that's what can happen.

Edited by Crump99

Darren Fletcher by far and away the best - he has the type of voice that makes you pay attention the instant he started speaking - Craig cannot help his tone of voice but he certainly does his homework and tries hard to give lots of facts. Helmets worn on parade before riders have been announced need to be BANNED otherwise scrap the parade there is no point. There is not room round the pit fence for the entire crowd to stand so for many in the grandstand it is the only opportunity to see the riders in person.

• Like 2

Air fence repair took 32 minutes and York is only better than anyone else at irritating and annoying supporters.

I agree with others Darren Fletcher is light years ahead of anyone I have listened too in my 45 years experience.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Horton should transfer the Bee's assets to the Panthers asap.

This way he can safeguard them from the BSPA.

Surprised you still have the brass neck to be posting here this evening after being outed by one of the Mods!

• Like 1

Hougaard Racing Fans

Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Shocking scenes, Just arrived at Brandon and the track is fine.

Zagar is leading the protest, He sickens me.

Mick Horton is not to blame... The track is fine!

Mod Note: And yet you still post from your home IP? Remarkable. Kindly stop trolling, the situation is bad enough on its own merit

Taken from ERC thread...

• Like 1

Hougaard Racing Fans

Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Shocking scenes, Just arrived at Brandon and the track is fine.

Zagar is leading the protest, He sickens me.

Mick Horton is not to blame... The track is fine!

Mod Note: And yet you still post from your home IP? Remarkable. Kindly stop trolling, the situation is bad enough on its own merit

Taken from ERC thread...

I did see that but I must be being dimmer than usual. How is that outing, as it means bugger all to me?

He's pretending to be at Brandon, but the mods can see he is posting this message from his usual (presumably home) address - Similar to the police tracking mobile phones, they can see where the signal originates

Indeed, but the vital bit of information missing is that the mentalist is .......

Anyone could be posting from one location in reality?

Sorry, my misunderstanding he's been "found out" not "outed"

Not even found out because this would suggest that they knew who it was anyway: "Mod Note: And yet you still post from your home IP?" If so then one wonders why the guff has been allowed for so long?

• Like 2