British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Shadders

Took the current wife to Glasgow and Berwick (some time in the last 25 years)!!

Berwick no issue understood them far better than the mobs from Wiltshire and Dorset!! :D

Glasgow - that was a totally different experience - very intimidating - rapidly came to the conclusion we were the only English people in the stadium, and if anyone around us discovered we were English, that we would not be in the stadium for very long. The quietist the other half has ever been!! Now come to think about it....

Yet, been to at least 2 Edinburgh tracks and had a great time at both!! Edinburgh do have a half decent castle and a military tattoo - just too many tourists.

Tel (sent without supervision by she who is currently out!!)

Edited by TAST
  • Like 1

Tast, there is a Travellodge just North of the Tyne tunnel at the junction of the A19 and the A1058 Coast Road. It used to be a Menzies Hotel and is quite good. 2 minutes to a great chinese buffet on the Coast road and about 3 miles from track. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Diamonds

Ta! from memory had a great time at Newcastle - reason we were so late back was the time we spent in the bar after the match. next time I's like to be able to drink alcohol!!

Doubt the Hilton is anywhere near as expensive as the amount it cost us to stay at the Hilton(might have changed hands now) in Cardiff !!

Thanks re the 25th - Got a table booked at a restaurant in New York - next May - taking the wife and the kids :t:

all the best

Terry

Terry.

You could get a decent Travelodge

1 - on the Coast Road(straight dash afterwards through the Tyne Tunnel to thesouth),

2 - One of two Travelodges on the Quayside and therefore within walking distance of the Quayside and the TOON. Some excellent Chinese restaurants in TOON.

NB Just noticed 'wor ernie' has beat me to it.

Diamond ernie

Thanks - I'm sure Elaine gets TravelLodge mailshots on deals etc. - I will mention it to her.

Thanks

Terry

Never mind Elaine, what aboot your lass.

Neill

Now! Now! only thing I know about Lincolnshire is that it allegedly produces sausages :D

Point of etiquette - No need to mention anything I allegedly say on here to Elaine when you next see her - will only result in me suffering pain and discomfort!! [That goes for you lot in Block D at the EOS as well]

Question for you from Alex - she wants to know if there is any chance of an Ice Cream van at the EOS next season (like at Coventry) - she thinks it would keep the mob at the back of the stand and Mark Plummer happy!!

Not so sure that is her motivation!!

all the best

Terry (back under supervision)

We are back :rofl:

how about

Ryan Fisher

Lesse Bjerre

Dak North

Ulrich Ostergaard

Lewis Blachbird

Andrea Compton

Robert Lambert/ A N Other at 3 points - although kings lynn should really help us here as they have big bjerre and NKI

how about

Ryan Fisher

Lesse Bjerre

Dak North

Ulrich Ostergaard

Lewis Blachbird

Andrea Compton

Robert Lambert/ A N Other at 3 points - although kings lynn should really help us here as they have big bjerre and NKI

Interesting. :shock::D

Panthers have just been on local news (tv) and they have mentioned race night TUES...

Pants :cry:

The 1 night a week i will find hard to do.

Will have to come up with some good reason to be off work

Really looking forward to a new season and some good matches with the witches

Shadders

Took the current wife to Glasgow and Berwick (some time in the last 25 years)!!

Berwick no issue understood them far better than the mobs from Wiltshire and Dorset!! :D

Glasgow - that was a totally different experience - very intimidating - rapidly came to the conclusion we were the only English people in the stadium, and if anyone around us discovered we were English, that we would not be in the stadium for very long. The quietist the other half has ever been!! Now come to think about it....

Yet, been to at least 2 Edinburgh tracks and had a great time at both!! Edinburgh do have a half decent castle and a military tattoo - just too many tourists.

Tel (sent without supervision by she who is currently out!!)

Depends who you speak to in Berwick. In my experience no two people speak with the same accent.

Glasgow fans that I know are friendly. Make your way to the bar area and make contact with Paulco. Just about make out what he's saying when he's sober, but after a session, forget it!

No point in basing yourself in Edinburgh for a home meeting, Armadale is closer to Glasgow!

Edited by Shadders

Sergeant and Blackbird could be reserves with Sergeants connection with Coventry but on the other hand I could also see Blackbird and Jacobs as his also local and was Strom number 1 rider last year. Jacobs would be stronger imo. Glad to see the panthers back, lovely track!

Depends who you speak to in Berwick. In my experience no two people speak with the same accent.

Glasgow fans that I know are friendly. Make your way to the bar area and make contact with Paulco. Just about make out what he's saying when he's sober, but after a session, forget it!

No point in basing yourself in Edinburgh for a home meeting, Armadale is closer to Glasgow!

Not true.

Centre of Edinburgh to Stadium 24.3 miles

Centre of Glasgow to Stadium 28.0miles

Courtesy of AA

how about

Ryan Fisher

Lesse Bjerre

Dak North

Ulrich Ostergaard

Lewis Blachbird

Andrea Compton

Robert will not be riding PL due to clashes with his European commitments.

Not true.

Centre of Edinburgh to Stadium 24.3 miles

Centre of Glasgow to Stadium 28.0miles

Courtesy of AA

24 miles from Edinburgh? Hardly local is it!!

Shadders/Cyclone

According to she who thinks she must be obeyed, she reckons one year we stayed at a hotel roughly half way between Glasgow and Edinburgh. (holiday Inn/Hilton??)

Apparently it was quite a while ago as we did a northern tour that included Stoke, Middlesbrough, Berwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow - I have no recollection of visiting Glasgow more than once!! That's what age and 25 years of marriage does to the memory.

Tel (nearly caught typing this!!)

Now it's all good and you have a team to continue watching is it now safe for me to continue giving you dirty's some sh!!!!!!!te again. Especially now you're in the minions league :lol:

No point in asking just get on with it :lol:

What's it feel like being a Coventry feeder club??

Your club is a joke lacking ambition and not riding in the EL

Lots of hate

Screamer xxxxxxxx

• Like 2