British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

The recent interview with Ales in the ET says he will miss 'very few' matches for Peterborough. Looking at his Polish fixtures these look like being:

Sunday 4th May away v Rye House

Sunday 11th May away v Newcastle

Oh and...

Sunday 3rd August Premier League Fours at Peterborough.

Get the God botherers out of the EOES and get the 4s in the day after SWC Event 1 at Kings Lynn. ;)

The recent interview with Ales in the ET says he will miss 'very few' matches for Peterborough. Looking at his Polish fixtures these look like being:

Sunday 4th May away v Rye House

Sunday 11th May away v Newcastle

Oh and...

Sunday 3rd August Premier League Fours at Peterborough.

Just get his brother to ride no one will know the difference lol.

• Like 1

Ulrich is named as captain for the Panthers..

Indeed Spencebel ... ;)

Full article below....

Published on the 21 February

Returning title hero Ulrich Ostergaard has been handed the role of Panthers captain.

The Danish racer - a member of the Elite League-winning side of 2006 - will act as skipper as the city club bid to bring in a new era in 2014 with Premier League glory.

And team manager Trevor Swales insists club asset Ostergaard was the obvious choice for the role.

He said: “We are of the opinion that Ulrich will make an excellent captain.

“He is a proven performer who has experience of all tracks at Premier League level and a top man to have around in the pits.

“He is great at geeing up his team-mates and will ensure the spirit in the camp is just right.

“Ulrich has been a top rider in this league in the past and we feel sure he can be one again this year.

“With the help of some very generous sponsorship he has put some terrific equipment together and I know for a fact that he is thrilled to be back at Peterborough.”

Ostergaard is one-quarter of Panthers’ potent four-pronged spearhead along with number one Ryan Fisher, Ales Dryml and Lasse Bjerre.

The city outfit is completed by second string Lewis Blackbird and the young reserve duo of Joe Jacobs and OIiver Greenwood.

Panthers have been forced to re-arrange their Premier League home clash against Somerset due to the unavailability of the East of England Showground on April 22. A new date is still to be finalised.

Somerset do still provide the opposition in the first competitive meeting of the new era when visiting Alwalton on April 1 for a Premier League contest.

I wonder!

Some interesting news lies ahead for the Panthers... Can't say much more.

Sentencing deferred to next week but the judge told you to expect a custodial sentence :D

Edited by Crump99

Initial disussions have been initiated.

Bees and Panthers might merge next season.

One side and one set of costs

BUT double the potential target market and double the revenue.

Horton = Genius

funny 6 months ago it was all hail Rick Frost and if this time last year I'd said to you Mick Horton would be running the Panthers 2014 and you'd be in the PL you'd have laughed your head off at me as Rick it was money no object .
  • Like 1

funny 6 months ago it was all hail Rick Frost and if this time last year I'd said to you Mick Horton would be running the Panthers 2014 and you'd be in the PL you'd have laughed your head off at me as Rick it was money no object .

With good reason and money didn't appear to be a problem:

Frost added: “There are losses at Peterborough every year but myself and Julie are very fortunate in that our companies make a lot of money.

“Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. - and just after that was published on October 28 Frost decided that speedway wasn't for him.

With good reason and money didn't appear to be a problem:

Frost added: “There are losses at Peterborough every year but myself and Julie are very fortunate in that our companies make a lot of money.

“Without wishing to sound blasé, it is not big bucks to us. - and just after that was published on October 28 Frost decided that speedway wasn't for him.

Readypower also still seem to have money to spend on Speedway with there continued sponsorship of Kenneth Bjerre and also i hear the Panthers as well .

But the point I was making to trying to make to Houugarrd Racing this time last year he'd /she wouldn't have given the time of day to Mick Horton and as I said most Panthers fans would have laughed me of this forum had I said Horton would be running Panthers in 2014 let alone PL racing now Horton saved the Panthers and he's now Houugarrd racing new hero .

I wonder!

Some interesting news lies ahead for the Panthers... Can't say much more.

Just so as I don't make plans, when is this exciting news expected?

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2