British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

i said give them a run for their money not end up with a higher average <Abuse removed> :icon_smile_clown:

No idea what abuse you added to the original response but it seems a fault setting for some. Just in case you had forgot you arent meant to attack the poster.

<removed>

Another Panthers fan using names in the derogatory. No surprise.

I think its commendable that your in such good spirits and looking so forward to the new season.

If I was supporting Wolves I don't think I would share your enthusiasm because Woffinden apart it looks complete pants.

Remind me, were you one of the many that said we looked pants pre season last year as well? :rofl:

But we have spent more time in the lower league than the Elite league , the Prem is where we belong , I had my best years watching Panthers in the old National league , norhthern tours etc , I won't miss the Elite league at all...

I think he was saying , given them a run for there money , not beating them every time.. Tut, Tut , don't think averges mean alot imo...

My goodness those were the days.

Richard Greer, John Davis, Pete Saunders, Pete Seaton, Roy Carter, Ted Howgego, Brian Clark etc. :t::approve: :approve: :approve:

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 4

Indeed I was, you surprised everyone last year as did Woffinden.

Don't see it happening this year though.

Time will tell anyway. Cant say i`m that bothered that people write us off, so many made to look silly last season was all i needed amnyway!

ANYHOW, back to the Panthers - looks like you have assembled a team more than capable of a top 6 place.

I do worry about Dryml tho, he SHOULD clean up in the PL. I can see him struggling a little tho.

I will look forward to my visits to watch some of the stars of the future in action at my 2ND favourite place to watch racing ;-)

• Like 1

Dryml will up his ave IMO.

10 at home 7 away would be my guess - 8.5 overall.

Decent signing and a very good team overall.

• Like 1

But we have spent more time in the lower league than the Elite league , the Prem is where we belong , I had my best years watching Panthers in the old National league , norhthern tours etc , I won't miss the Elite league at all...

I think he was saying , given them a run for there money , not beating them every time.. Tut, Tut , don't think averges mean alot imo...

And what do you base that on? I'd say that our track and facilities are Elite League standard and we belong more in that division than many of those who are in there.

• Like 1

And what do you base that on? I'd say that our track and facilities are Elite League standard and we belong more in that division than many of those who are in there.

And are you offering to underwrite the losses, after a multi Millionaire could not sustain those losses with the EL. Change your name to Trump instead of Crump.

• Like 2

In reality Crump 99, the crowd levels over the last few years are not good enough to sustain Elite League Speedway.

It is a sad part of the sport and certainly for Peterborough. The Panthers as a circuit belongs in the EL.

Without a sugar daddy to bank roll the club again it might be a while before it happens again.

And are you offering to underwrite the losses, after a multi Millionaire could not sustain those losses with the EL. Change your name to Trump instead of Crump.

The losses were not an issue to Readypower. Other unknown factors were in play, and something happened at the AGM to which we are not privy too...

The losses were not an issue to Readypower. Other unknown factors were in play, and something happened at the AGM to which we are not privy too...

I am well aware of the losses situation and the new factors, and what may or may not of happened at the AGM. What we really need to know is if Trump99 is going to fund the losses for EL racing.

• Like 1

I always laugh when i see the words Ales Dryml and GP rider in the same sentence. :rofl:

All he can do is qualify and he of course has done this once and as 1st reserve for last season

There are many so called better riders who have not achieved that................actually his qualification record is probably better than Harris, Nicholls and of course he went further in the qualification process for the 2013 series than the 2013 World Champion

While I understand some of the views, I am pleased to see him back at a track where he will score a lot of points. They have mucked him about royally in the past few seasons

• Like 2