British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2014

Yes - but only to a point.

Not ALL Clubs could afford to pay for ALL of the Riders required. THAT is my argument.

And all PL clubs are solvent and are able to pay rider debts with no problems??

Don`t think the debt issue is an EL thing, it is a speedway thing.

And all PL clubs are solvent and are able to pay rider debts with no problems??

Don`t think the debt issue is an EL thing, it is a speedway thing.

Agreed again - but crucially - Elite League DEBT is far greater than that of those in the Premier League. THAT is a FACT.

Debt ridden and a devalued Product. Enjoy watching your NATIONAL League Riders next Season in the 'busted flush' that is the Elite League. Meanwhile, I will happily watch some of them in the Premier League. :t:

Agreed again - but crucially - Elite League DEBT is far greater than that of those in the Premier League. THAT is a FACT.

Debt ridden and a devalued Product. Enjoy watching your NATIONAL League Riders next Season in the 'busted flush' that is the Elite League. Meanwhile, I will happily watch some of them in the Premier League. :t:

If you have the books of all the EL/PL and NL promotions then i might just believe that as a fact.

Everyone knows the EL is nothing what is was or should be. But of course i will enjoy watching the youngsters trying to make it in the EL and become EL riders in the future. Any rider with ambitions wants to be there, and should be.

But naturally i will enjoy watching some of the best riders in the World on a weekly basis, and of course watching our World Champion on a weekly basis in the top league in the UK. Doesn't get much better than that thanks!

Edited by stevebrum

If you have the books of all the EL/PL and NL promotions then i might just believe that as a fact.

Everyone knows the EL is nothing what is was or should be. But of course i will enjoy watching the youngsters trying to make it in the EL and become EL riders in the future. Any rider with ambitions wants to be there, and should be.

But naturally i will enjoy watching some of the best riders in the World on a weekly basis, and of course watching our World Champion on a weekly basis in the top league in the UK. Doesn't get much better than that thanks!

I can't see a NL rider improving by riding against others of the same standard. They should move up to the PL first, not jump a league. It's purely a cost cutting exercise by the EL "promoters".

And if you think you'll be seeing Wolves every week, then you really are in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 2

Presume this posting means it's awkward for you then!!

Just not a great night of the week to take the kids out and have a late night. ;)
too early in the week on a school night.....
Always loved EOES on a Thursday - beginning of the weekend and only one more day at school!! :t:

Just not a great night of the week to take the kids out and have a late night. ;)

too early in the week on a school night.....

Always loved EOES on a Thursday - beginning of the weekend and only one more day at school!! :t:

Our intention is to have the parade at 7.20, first race 7.30 sharp to finish 9.15/9.30. Circumstances may mean we can't always meet that ideal, but we are very conscious that the Tuesday race-night may have concerns for parents ( albeit no different to Monday, Wednesday or Thursday...).

• Like 1

I can't see a NL rider improving by riding against others of the same standard. They should move up to the PL first, not jump a league. It's purely a cost cutting exercise by the EL "promoters".

And if you think you'll be seeing Wolves every week, then you really are in cloud cuckoo land.

I agree that should be the chosen path. However PL promoters have no more interest in the development of young riders than the EL promoters do. If they did there would already be both reserve positions filled by Brits in the PL. They are just as happy to use Danes and Aussies in that position much like the EL.

Of course its a cost cutting exercise that the EL have done, who is denying that? Certainly not me.

At least the EL are using British riders in reserve and the PL are not - end of.

Meetings at Monmore have 3 blank Mondays and one reserved. Plus of course also one of those is the British final.

No, i haven't seen any cuckoos either.

Edited by stevebrum

Sorry Neil but to me that info on that website is as clear as mud! May I rephrase my question please?

Who is Lewis Blackbird being loaned from by Panthers for the 2014 season? Many thanks.

Hi Angela - think here's the answer

"He was signed to ride for King's Lynn Young Stars National League team in 2011, but transferred to Mildenhall Fen Tigers before the season started"

:t:

I agree that should be the chosen path. However PL promoters have no more interest in the development of young riders than the EL promoters do. If they did there would already be both reserve positions filled by Brits in the PL. They are just as happy to use Danes and Aussies in that position much like the EL.

Of course its a cost cutting exercise that the EL have done, who is denying that? Certainly not me.

At least the EL are using British riders in reserve and the PL are not - end of.

Meetings at Monmore have 3 blank Mondays and one reserved. Plus of course also one of those is the British final.

No, i haven't seen any cuckoos either.

Not saying you are right or wrong but 4 PL teams (so far) have named two Brits in the reserve berths (Ipswich, Newcastle, Peterborough and Workington).

Is that enough? My personal opinion is no, it's not.

• Like 4